Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: So how bad are the Yankees?

All League

OT: So how bad are the Yankees?

As a long time Yankee fan it pains me to see what this team is going through. There are lots of reasons for the poor performance mostly injuries to a lot of players but once in a while you like to see some people get angry. This team looks lathargic and like they are just going through the motions. Here is a list of some of the issues:

Abreau- Can't hit and should be outright released

Damon- A decent fielder but not good enough for an important game

Giambi- Injured

Milkeowitz - The ultimate rally killer

Pavono- The ultimate bench warmer

Mo- Good thing the Yanks didnt sign him for a big contract next year. The worst thing for a power pitcher is to lose velocity and he has lost some speed

Bullpen-cant get anyone out without giving up a couple of runs

Money is not the answer. 11.5 games behind the Sox folks it's all over.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52
    As a long time Yankee fan it pains me to see what this team is going through. There are lots of reasons for the poor performance mostly injuries to a lot of players but once in a while you like to see some people get angry. This team looks lathargic and like they are just going through the motions. Here is a list of some of the issues:

Abreau- Can't hit and should be outright released

Damon- A decent fielder but not good enough for an important game

Giambi- Injured

Milkeowitz - The ultimate rally killer

Pavono- The ultimate bench warmer

Mo- Good thing the Yanks didnt sign him for a big contract next year. The worst thing for a power pitcher is to lose velocity and he has lost some speed

Bullpen-cant get anyone out without giving up a couple of runs

Money is not the answer. 11.5 games behind the Sox folks it's all over.
    Being a lifelong Yankee fan 11 1/2 out in My is not impossible. I remember one year they were 14games out in August and won the world series.

Banned
    The Yankees are not bad. But they are in the MLB forum.

I also don't think Joe Torre should be fired. But I might in the MLB forum.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    The Yankees are not bad. But they are in the MLB forum.

I also don't think Joe Torre should be fired. But I might in the MLB forum.
    I didn't know we were having moderator tryouts.

But your right, Rmeyer, there is no sense of urgency. Something needs to change it seems. I think you might have to look to try and dump Abreu for a more enthusiastic, young player. Though his stock has dropped so low who knows what we can get in return.

Proctor was pitiful today.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt245
    I didn't know we were having moderator tryouts.

But your right, Rmeyer, there is no sense of urgency. Something needs to change it seems. I think you might have to look to try and dump Abreu for a more enthusiastic, young player. Though his stock has dropped so low who knows what we can get in return.

Proctor was pitiful today.

Proctor wasn't pitiful. But he was in MLB forum.

Okay I'm done!

Abreu - A career .300/.400 hitter that is slumping.

Damon - How do you mean not good enough for an important game? I guess he was good enough for the Red Sox when they were in the playoffs but he's not good enough for the Yankees in an important game? The problem with Damon is that this year, with his calf injuries, he is not a good fielder. He's a horrible fielder. I'd DL him to get him healthy.

Giambi - Injured indeed. Buster Olney speculated when Giambi was first hurt that the best thing might be to have him have the surgery and then come back in a couple months healthy. As of now, that's looking like the right call.

Mientkiewicz - Not a good hitter, and horrible for 1B, but is swinging the bat a little better of late.

Pavano - Who?

Mo - Looked great yesterday and has been hitting 94 with his FB of late. He needed to get some work and now that he has will be fine. Signing him to the extension before the season would have been stupid because there is no need to have done that.

Bullpen - Torre has no idea how to manage it. A blind man could have seen Proctor had lost it when Figgins came up, but Torre kept him in. That cost us a run and might have been the difference in the game.

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Abreu - A career .300/.400 hitter that is slumping.

Damon - How do you mean not good enough for an important game? I guess he was good enough for the Red Sox when they were in the playoffs but he's not good enough for the Yankees in an important game? The problem with Damon is that this year, with his calf injuries, he is not a good fielder. He's a horrible fielder. I'd DL him to get him healthy.

Giambi - Injured indeed. Buster Olney speculated when Giambi was first hurt that the best thing might be to have him have the surgery and then come back in a couple months healthy. As of now, that's looking like the right call.

Mientkiewicz - Not a good hitter, and horrible for 1B, but is swinging the bat a little better of late.

Pavano - Who?

Mo - Looked great yesterday and has been hitting 94 with his FB of late. He needed to get some work and now that he has will be fine. Signing him to the extension before the season would have been stupid because there is no need to have done that.

Bullpen - Torre has no idea how to manage it. A blind man could have seen Proctor had lost it when Figgins came up, but Torre kept him in. That cost us a run and might have been the difference in the game.

Mienk is not good hitter, but no love for his excellent defense? The Yankees infield would have a lot more errors this year if it wasn't for him. You could throw any ball in his general vicinity and he'd probably make the out.

All League
    Being a Mets fan I laugh at the Yankees. They need to stop playing for the current season and start playing for championships. They need to get younger players and adding to rmeyer, Damon has no arm either. It sucks to be a Yankees fan right now because the Mets are def. the team of New York.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Fragger
    Being a Mets fan I laugh at the Yankees. They need to stop playing for the current season and start playing for championships. They need to get younger players and adding to rmeyer, Damon has no arm either. It sucks to be a Yankees fan right now because the Mets are def. the team of New York.
    If you havent noticed they are playing for the future by not trading away any prospects and actually trading Sheffield and Johnson for prospects. I guess you missed that.

All League
    Yankee fans- would it best to be sellers at the deadline rather than buyers for this year?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HDCentStOhio
    Yankee fans- would it best to be sellers at the deadline rather than buyers for this year?
    I really hope they are sellers. Get rid of the dead weight!

JetsFan2012

It sucks to be a Yankees fan because they are losing. The Mets are having a good season, and I'm happy for them. "The team of NY" really means nothing IMO. Win a World Series for New York, it's on you now. If you lose, you let the whole city down.

Veteran
    Fckn' Mets fan, typical May champs...hows your record against the Braves? I mean this year not last year when everyone I mean everyone kick'd their ass.
    You're not gonna win a world series this year accept it. I mean championships aren't won in May, son.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF
    Fckn' Mets fan, typical May champs...hows your record against the Braves? I mean this year not last year when everyone I mean everyone kick'd their ass.
    You're not gonna win a world series this year accept it. I mean championships aren't won in May, son.
    Our play against the braves has been abysmal. It needs to change.

However, i am confident the Mets will be appearing in the world series this year. I dont see anyone in the NL stoping them.

All League
    I really hope they are sellers. Get rid of the dead weight!
    So would you trade Arod tomorrow for top prospects knowing he could leave after this year?

Hall Of Fame
    So would you trade Arod tomorrow for top prospects knowing he could leave after this year?
    If i was a Yank fan i would do that in a second.

Banned
    That is a really good question. I really hope AROD wants to stay here but if not trading him for some prospects and a player that is already made a name for himself who is young and athletic sounds very good. Tough call. But If AROD said he wanted to stay here and guaranteed he would pick up his option, I don't want anyone else.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF
    Fragger is an idiot but we can be 0-18 vs. the Braves if we win the division.

All League
    That is a really good question. I really hope AROD wants to stay here but if not trading him for some prospects and a player that is already made a name for himself who is young and athletic sounds very good. Tough call. But If AROD said he wanted to stay here and guaranteed he would pick up his option, I don't want anyone else.
    How about if he would stay but only with a new long term contract? Say 7 years, $170 million?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    Fragger is an idiot but we can be 0-18 vs. the Braves if we win the division.
    Exactly. Who cares what the Mets record against the Braves is as long as they're behind us in the Standings. Not to mention the Braves are 4-10 in their last 14 Games, they're too busy falling apart right before our eyes.