Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How confident are you that the Jets will win the SB in the next five years

How confident are you that the Jets will win the SB in the next five years

On a scale from 1-5, how confident are you the Jets will win the big one in the next five years.

I'd say I'm a four, I love the direction we're headed in and think we'll be serious contenders over this period, but you never know when injuries or a bad bounce or bad call can derail your playoff run
    Last edited by jetsfanmack; 05-30-2007 at 12:14 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 55 5 5 5 5 5 5

Hall Of Fame

It all comes down to succesful drafts. Last year's was a bonanza. If this years and next years turn out well I'd say we have a shot.

Veteran

Veteran
    I feel very confident in the FO and coaching staff.
    I also feel very confident that when the time comes for our SB run, we will be crippled with injuries.

'Tis a Curse, ARRR!!!!

sorry, just wasted 3 freaking hours of my life watching a boring pirates film.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy-y-y-y

It all comes down to succesful drafts. Last year's was a bonanza. If this years and next years turn out well I'd say we have a shot.

All League
    5- Like I have said in another thread. The Jets are an improving team, but they play in the wrong division, in the wrong conference. So while they ARE getting better. They ARE NOT better than the Pats, Colts, Broncos, Ravens, Chargers & perhaps the Bengals. Any AFC team will likely have to beat 3 of those teams in the playoffs to get to the superbowl. While the Jets are capable of beating ANY of these teams, including the Pats, on a given Sunday; they ARE NOT going to beat 3 of them in a row.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken
    5- Like I have said in another thread. The Jets are an improving team, but they play in the wrong division, in the wrong conference. So while they ARE getting better. They ARE NOT better than the Pats, Colts, Broncos, Ravens, Chargers & perhaps the Bengals. Any AFC team will likely have to beat 3 of those teams in the playoffs to get to the superbowl. While the Jets are capable of beating ANY of these teams, including the Pats, on a given Sunday; they ARE NOT going to beat 3 of them in a row.
    Yeah, but at least the Jets understand that 5 means very confident

Charter JI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken
    wow, you are more confident than I am...

I need to see a vastly improved pass rush, running game, and vertical threat before I get too excited.

I'd put it at 2+

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin
    wow, you are more confident than I am...

I need to see a vastly improved pass rush, running game, and vertical threat before I get too excited.

I'd put it at 2+
    Add stopping the run to that.

Banned
    How anyone can pick any number other than "0" is beyond me.

Until we have a franchise QB, we have no chance at anything. This is no surprise. We've been waiting since Namath for our savior and all we've gotten is a '98 Testaverde tease and a '02 Pennington tease. 38 seasons, only 2 of them with any real hope, both fall short.

So it's "0" chance until we find our franchise QB. If it's Kellen Clemens, fantastic. Check back with me in a year and if he's shown us something, I'll pick another number.

SAR I

Charter JI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET
    Add stopping the run to that.
    yep, you're right

All Pro
    Five ...

keep hope alive ...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    How anyone can pick any number other than "0" is beyond me.
    The fact that 0 is outside the range of a 1-5 scale is beyond you?

Banned

I'm very confident that we have the coach/staff/fo, and that is absolutely essential, thus the 4 .. but you still need the horses as well, thus the 4 {and not the 5}

Now if we do get the horses I'm extremely confident that this coach can close the deal

Hall Of Fame
    3.42719 that's about as close as I could get.

Hall Of Fame
    If Kellen Clemens doesn't turn out to be a winner it's a one for the five year window.

All Pro

I love the direction our team is heading in, but with Tom Brady in our division and Peyton Manning in our conference, a Superbowl victory will be a very difficult task.

All League
    1..with penny at the helm...

4..if we find another qb, i like the direction of the defense and we are gonna have one helluva o-line..just need a qb with any kind of arm..