Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Need ideas for my a 25th Anniversary present

JetsFan2012

OT: Need ideas for a 25th Anniversary present

my parents' 25th anniversary, to be more precise.

I'm totally at a loss and I need some ideas, and fast. Let's just say I don't have a whole lot of time here. Apparently it's the silver anniversary, so that should give me something to work with. Now, silver what?
    Last edited by JetsFan2012; 06-11-2007 at 06:07 PM. Reason: typo

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    my parents' 25th anniversary, to be more precise.

I'm totally at a loss and I need some ideas, and fast. Let's just say I don't have a whole lot of time here. Apparently it's the silver anniversary, so that should give me something to work with. Now, silver what?
    Silverware,Bracelet,Jewelry etc The Lone Ranger Hi Ho Silver..

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69
    Silverware,Bracelet,Jewelry etc The Lone Ranger Hi Ho Silver..
    nah, jewelry is no good, it's got to be for the both of them. And we already own silverware. And a DVD of the Lone Ranger would make my mother angry (although it would crack my father up).

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Cool

They make those silver music boxes that play one song and you can put there wedding song in there.

And you can also personalize it.

Have you seen those?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Plan a trip to Silver Springs in Maryland or Florida, Silverstrand Beach in California or Ireland, or to a Silver Mine.

If you go to the Hell's Kitchen flea market on the weekends there's a lady who sells silver tea services (tea pot, milk thing, sugar bowl, etc) most weekends. She always has them polished up beautifully. I've seen her there several times. You could probably get a good deal on one. And they look absolutely fantastic. Your Mom would like it. And your Dad would like that your Mom likes it. A unique and classy gift.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    nah, jewelry is no good, it's got to be for the both of them. And we already own silverware. And a DVD of the Lone Ranger would make my mother angry (although it would crack my father up).
    Give them a big picture of you in a silver Frame! Or your Mom a silver locket with your pic and your Dad a case of Coors silver..

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET
    They make those silver music boxes that play one song and you can put there wedding song in there.

And you can also personalize it.

Have you seen those?

I think so... I'll have to google search it

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

How much money do you want to spend?

Banned
    Get them a Macbook Pro, hypocrite. It comes in silver and can even be engraved, so there's zero excuse.

SAR I

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET
    How much money do you want to spend?

Well, if my sister pitches in, I would say $400-$500.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    My sister and I got my parents a night in NYC....limo into the city, hotel for one night, dinner at Carmine's and 2 tickets for a Broadway show.

They loved it.

Hall Of Fame
    Talk about good timing. Two tickets to "Fantastic 4- Rise of the Silver Surfer"

Hall Of Fame
    Digital camera, LCD TV, tickets to Broadway Play, dinner for two at a nice restaurant.

My daughter gave my wife and I several small gifts that made a big impression including tickets to the movies and dinner at a local restaurant.

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23
    My sister and I got my parents a night in NYC....limo into the city, hotel for one night, dinner at Carmine's and 2 tickets for a Broadway show.

They loved it.

I thought about that... no offense, but how many years ago was that?

Hotels for one night, on a weekday, are going for anywhere from $800-$2100. That's just for the room. Broadway tickets would be like $200, and then the car service. It's insane, I could book a trip to Bermuda for less.

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    Digital camera, LCD TV, tickets to Broadway Play, dinner for two at a nice restaurant.

My daughter gave my wife and I several small gifts that made a big impression including tickets to the movies and dinner at a local restaurant.

hmm, a digital camera wouldn't be a bad idea

All Pro
    You can't go wrong with a night on the town. Have them spend one or two nights in Manhattan find them some recommend eating spots that are close to the hotel . Maybe get a cheap last minute cancellation for a show. Plus you can just do the NY way and walk around the city when the weather is nice and make their own choices.

Banned
    A vibrator and a flesh light.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Have an oil painting of them made.

JetsFan2012
    Check that, regarding the broadway tickets... Saturday matinee for Jersey Boys is $262 each. Holy Christ.