Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45

Thread: Tailgating Not Allowed at Satillite Parking Locations

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    722

    Tailgating Not Allowed at Satillite Parking Locations

    I apologize if this was already posted. This information is from the Giants site. Tailgating will not be permitted in the offsite lots...They also talk about ticketholders - sounds like you have to have a ticket before getting on the bus as well...most likely the scalpers will be in the satellite lots selling tickets this year.



    OFF-SITE PARKING

    General

    Off-Site parking lots have been secured for Ticket Holders driving to Giants games without pre-paid 2007 season parking permits.
    The off-site parking lots will be located within 2 miles of the Meadowlands Sports Complex.
    The cost to park in the off-site parking lots will be $20.
    Shuttle bus service will be provided to Ticket Holders from and to the off-site parking lots.
    A map indicating the off-site parking location will be mailed with season tickets. This map will also be posted on giants.com.
    Signage will be strategically located to direct Ticket Holders to off-site parking lots.
    Tailgating will not be permitted in the off-site parking lots.

    Shuttle Bus Service

    Shuttle buses will transport Ticket Holders from the off-site parking lots to the Meadowlands Sport Complex.
    Ticket Holders who park in parking lots that are not designated as off-site parking locations will not be permitted to utilize the shuttle buses to the Meadowlands Sport Complex.
    Shuttle bus service will begin operating 4 hours prior to kick off and will conclude 2 hours after the game.
    Vehicles will be provided for Ticket Holders with disabilities.

    Additional/Alternative Means of Transportation

    Public buses traveling between the Meadowlands Sports Complex and the New York City Port Authority Bus Terminal are available on game days. Drop-off and pick-up at the Stadium is located near Lot 14. A round trip ticket costs $10.00 and a one-way ticket is $6.00. For more information, contact New Jersey Transit at (800) 772-2222 or visit their website at www.njtransit.com.
    The bus drop off and pick up points will remain the same.

    The New York Football Giants and the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority want your parking and tailgating experience to be safe and enjoyable for all. Please contact the Giants Ticket office at (201) 935-8222 if you have any questions regarding season parking permits or policies. If you have any questions about NJSEA staff or an incident that occurred on game day please contact NJSEA Traffic/Parking Department at (201) 935-8500 ext. 2627.

    Every effort is made to create a fan-friendly environment that is safe for all to enjoy. Our fans play a large role in this. In order to maintain a safe and fun environment, the New York Football Giants ask that all fans follow directions given by the NJSEA Traffic/Parking Staff. They are there to assist you and to make parking safe for everyone.

    Those who do not adhere to the parking guidelines and/or participate in activities that create an unsafe environment will be held responsible. Parking passes, like your tickets, can be tracked back to your season account. Unacceptable conduct or violations of the parking policies described in this brochure can result in the possible loss of season tickets.

  2. #2
    Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    14,874
    Wow, they charge $5 more for the off-site parking, and no tailgating. That bites. Nice to have season tix.

  3. #3
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,601
    it should be interesting to see how many no-shows we get this year if this parking situation is half the nightmare its shaping up to be.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    36,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies
    it should be interesting to see how many no-shows we get this year if this parking situation is half the nightmare its shaping up to be.
    No, what will happen is that the old timers that are inconvenienced by the new rules will sell their tickets to a younger crowd that is so excited about attending Jets games that they will view the sattelite parking as the change that allowed them to get their seats.

    Sound familiar? That's the big-picture plan here. Get a younger crowd with more money to spend. Get those "I've had my seats since Shea in 1966" cronies in front of their 4:3 tube TV's where they belong.

    SAR I

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    5,597
    You forgot the and Chad sux part.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Dump, Staten Island
    Posts
    2,773
    AS IT SHOULD BE !!!! - I am a Jets insider VIP ,Season ticket holder W/Parking, and all the rest that comes along with being a REAL Jets fan. I really dont need to hear about you land ferry freaks. I will toss you a leftover spare rib as you are being bused in. To hell with you all - To Hell !!!!!

  7. #7
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,601
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    No, what will happen is that the old timers that are inconvenienced by the new rules will sell their tickets to a younger crowd that is so excited about attending Jets games that they will view the sattelite parking as the change that allowed them to get their seats.

    Sound familiar? That's the big-picture plan here. Get a younger crowd with more money to spend. Get those "I've had my seats since Shea in 1966" cronies in front of their 4:3 tube TV's where they belong.

    SAR I

    wow.

    how hard were you laughing when you typed that?


    the reality is that this team, has no-shows in the best of times. we won 10 games last year and the attendance was a problem.

    but you're probably right. all those 20 somethings with low paying jobs, no attention span and less patience are going to pick up the slack as ticket prices go higher and higher.

    are you the guy putting the business projections together for Jay Cross?

    It would explain alot.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    36,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies
    wow.

    how hard were you laughing when you typed that?


    the reality is that this team, has no-shows in the best of times. we won 10 games last year and the attendance was a problem.

    but you're probably right. all those 20 somethings with low paying jobs, no attention span and less patience are going to pick up the slack as ticket prices go higher and higher.

    are you the guy putting the business projections together for Jay Cross?

    It would explain alot.
    The majority of the no-shows and leave-earlies tend to be old timers who become more selective of the games they go to as they get on in years. The parking is really going to inconvenience them, so they'll give up their seats for a few seasons to fans that are either younger (more stamina) or hungrier (would walk through a wall for the chance to go to games) or more dedicated (cheer at the right times, know when to stay seated, etc.).

    You're not going to notice a big difference on TV. But in the stadium, it's going to be a more raucuous and excited crowd.

    Then again, we're going 7-9 with or without the parking headaches, so perhaps all bets are off anyway.

    SAR I

  9. #9
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,924
    Glad I got that check to Woody in time for my Prepaid Parking passes! The first week or two are going to be absolute cluster f**ks in that other parking lot. You'll have confusion about which parking lot is which, Meadowlands security running around with fire extinguishers putting out Weber kettles, fights on the bus lines ....Pandamonium!

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,198
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    Wow, they charge $5 more for the off-site parking, and no tailgating. That bites. Nice to have season tix.
    No the JETS ALREADY POSTED or at least it was posted what the JETS SAID BACK WHEN OUR pre-paid tickets went on sale way back when .....That our parking prices would remain the same $15 this year and the shuttle would be free....The G-main charging $20 for that lot is there way of charging $5 RT for the shuttle

  11. #11
    Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    14,874
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet
    No the JETS ALREADY POSTED or at least it was posted what the JETS SAID BACK WHEN OUR pre-paid tickets went on sale way back when .....That our parking prices would remain the same $15 this year and the shuttle would be free....The G-main charging $20 for that lot is there way of charging $5 RT for the shuttle
    ?? Are you saying the Jets won't charge $20 for the Monongahela lots? I'm not talking about our pre-paid swamp spots. I'll bet a bratwurst and a Newcastle you're wrong.

  12. #12
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    410
    any clue as to when we get the parking passes ... do they come with the season tix?
    1

  13. #13
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    I think this season is going to be a nightmare, even if you bought the parking passes. How many people are going to drive up to the stadium without the passes and plead ignorance, only to add massive traffic issues as they are sent away from the stadium? I may become on of the grumpy oldtimers SAR speaks off.

  14. #14
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin
    I think this season is going to be a nightmare, even if you bought the parking passes. How many people are going to drive up to the stadium without the passes and plead ignorance, only to add massive traffic issues as they are sent away from the stadium? I may become on of the grumpy oldtimers SAR speaks off.

    I already am that grumpy old timer, even though im only 28. I don't have tickets, but i am on the wait list. I usually drive in from Rhode Island for at least 2 games a season, but with all of this, I think I'll just watch on the big screen at home.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fairfax Va
    Posts
    7,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsrush
    AS IT SHOULD BE !!!! - I am a Jets insider VIP ,Season ticket holder W/Parking, and all the rest that comes along with being a REAL Jets fan. I really dont need to hear about you land ferry freaks. I will toss you a leftover spare rib as you are being bused in. To hell with you all - To Hell !!!!!



    Good thinking, When the majority of us out of towners who come in to see 2-4 games a year decide to stay home and watch them in high def, and your season ticket prices double, enjoy your ribs pal. You'll be trading them in for peanut butter sandwiches.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    36,218
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin
    I think this season is going to be a nightmare, even if you bought the parking passes. How many people are going to drive up to the stadium without the passes and plead ignorance, only to add massive traffic issues as they are sent away from the stadium? I may become on of the grumpy oldtimers SAR speaks off.
    There is no question that it is in everyone's best interest to get to the lots at 7am on gamedays until things settle down. It's going to be brutal for the first few contests, no question.

    SAR I

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    36,218
    Quote Originally Posted by The Crusher
    Good thinking, When the majority of us out of towners who come in to see 2-4 games a year decide to stay home and watch them in high def, and your season ticket prices double, enjoy your ribs pal. You'll be trading them in for peanut butter sandwiches.
    You meant this as a slam, I know, but you are very close to the reality of the situation.

    These next two seasons for the reconstruction are the beginning of the end of the current fanbase. All the older, cheaper customers are being squeezed out for the next generation of younger, richer ones.

    You go to Foxboro, and you see nothing but Lexus, Benz, and Beemer's in the primary lots, with all those rusty Ford's and Hyundai's a few miles away in some $5 lot or in their driveway where they belong. Similarly, all the good seats are filled with the Ralph and Rolex crowd, and those that really can't afford the experience are shoved in the rafters in the endzone. Sort of like the Titanic; those with money saw the sun. Those without were locked deep in the bowels of the ship down below in steerage.

    I'm not saying its right. I'm just saying that the future is not bright and rosy for the lower-middle-class Jets fan who's used to a $60 ticket for a great seat with very convenient parking. The Jets don't want you anymore.

    SAR I

  18. #18
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,601
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    The majority of the no-shows and leave-earlies tend to be old timers who become more selective of the games they go to as they get on in years. The parking is really going to inconvenience them, so they'll give up their seats for a few seasons to fans that are either younger (more stamina) or hungrier (would walk through a wall for the chance to go to games) or more dedicated (cheer at the right times, know when to stay seated, etc.).

    You're not going to notice a big difference on TV. But in the stadium, it's going to be a more raucuous and excited crowd.

    Then again, we're going 7-9 with or without the parking headaches, so perhaps all bets are off anyway.

    SAR I

    i think you faith in this younger, hungrier crowd is delusional.

    the only thing you will see more of is red seats. large swaths of them - on tv and while at the game.

    if there were a large group of people who were willing to "walk through walls" to see a Jets game - as you put it - they're already there.

    Do you know how easy it is to score Jets tickets on game days? For face or less?

    Of course you do, you've probably been stuck with seats you couldn't offload a bunch of times.

  19. #19
    tixsince72
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    Get those "I've had my seats since Shea in 1966" cronies in front of their 4:3 tube TV's where they belong.

    SAR I

    Well my Dad and I fit into this catagory.Guess what ,your right on with us..If its that much of a nitemare we'll pack it in and watch on TV. Ive put more time in at these games than most and if I "belong" on the couch ,not getting soaked from rain or frozen toes from cold ,or standing on line for a $5 cup of coffee so be it ! Nice cozy nap at halftime here we come

  20. #20
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,601
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I

    I'm not saying its right. I'm just saying that the future is not bright and rosy for the lower-middle-class Jets fan who's used to a $60 ticket for a great seat with very convenient parking. The Jets don't want you anymore.

    SAR I

    QFT

    However, how you equate this fact with a younger more enthustiastic crowd is crazy. The unwashed masses make for a better home field advantage. (See Buffalo, Pittsburgh, etc.) You want loud? Get blue collar people. You want the third quarter dash out, get people like me who can afford the tickets.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us