Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clubhouse Lawyer quote re Kendall

Hall Of Fame

Thumbs up Clubhouse Lawyer quote re Kendall

A A A A A

Statement from Jets Confidential

By JC Staff

Posted Jun 24, 2007

In Sunday's New York Daily News, guard Pete Kendall accused the Jets of leaking negative information about him to the press during his contract dispute.

One example cited was a Jets Confidential story claiming that the team's brass believes Kendall is a "clubhouse lawyer."
    "Nobody from the New York Jets organization leaked disparaging comments about Pete Kendall to Jets Confidential during his contract dispute," said Jets Confidential publisher Dan Leberfeld. "We want to make it clear, the Jets didn't engage in a "smear" campaign against Kendall in our publication at any time."

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet
    A A A A A

By JC Staff

Posted Jun 24, 2007

In Sunday's New York Daily News, guard Pete Kendall accused the Jets of leaking negative information about him to the press during his contract dispute.

One example cited was a Jets Confidential story claiming that the team's brass believes Kendall is a "clubhouse lawyer."
    "Nobody from the New York Jets organization leaked disparaging comments about Pete Kendall to Jets Confidential during his contract dispute," said Jets Confidential publisher Dan Leberfeld. "We want to make it clear, the Jets didn't engage in a "smear" campaign against Kendall in our publication at any time."
    So in other words, Leberfield should have gone on for at least one more sentence stating something to the effect of:

"So what Pete Kendall read and took offense to actually never came from anybody who is in anyway part of the NY Jets organization, but was made up by the irresponsible, sorry excuse for a reporter who is currently writing this half-*ssed admittance of guilt that doesn't really include an apology of any kind."
    Last edited by JMJ; 06-26-2007 at 09:21 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ITWT
    So in other words, Leberfield should have gone on for at least one more sentence stating something to the effect of:

"So what Pete Kendall read and took offense to actually never came from anybody who is in anyway part of the NY Jets organization, but was made up by the irresponsible, sorry excuse for a reporter who is currently writing this half-*ssed admittance of guilt that doesn't really include an apology of any kind."

Umm yup, that about sums it up.

All League
    No story...No problem...the press will make one up...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet
    A A A A A

By JC Staff

Posted Jun 24, 2007

I'm glad someone with some credibility finally addressed Kendall's gripe.

And, just as I figured, it didn't hold water.

Rookie
    Where's Mainejet when you need him - this is making Kendall look like an even bigger jerk, b/c its even more obvious that HE'S THE ONE TRYING TO MANIPULATE THE MEDIA, NOT THE TEAM!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by skaoscar
    Where's Mainejet when you need him - this is making Kendall look like an even bigger jerk, b/c its even more obvious that HE'S THE ONE TRYING TO MANIPULATE THE MEDIA, NOT THE TEAM!
    Maybe he's out protesting the Jet FO with Charlie Brown?? Good Grief what a Liar Kendall is..

Veteran
    Im getting really tired of Kendall, the guy needs to shut the hell up and honour his contract or go away. Its common knowledge the he's a clubhouse lawyer and PA ***** so why would ther Jets need to leak anything when its already outhere.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Kendall seems to be grasping at straws.

His first complaints were about his contract. Then, he starts whining about how the Jets are handling his moaning about his contract, and that seems to be the source of his anger.

To me, it seems like Kendall is getting more desperate. Yes, he's a big mouth, but he's not a true malcontent (in the TO sense) where he is comfortable creating a disturbance for disturbance sake. After his initial tantrums, he may simply settle down and shut his mouth and play football (with only an occasional barb thrown at the team).

Banned
    I don't get that article.

If no one in Jets Confidential got the clubhouse lawyer thing from the Jet FO, where did they get it from?

Why wouldn't Kendall be right to assume Jets Confidential had a source to back up that assetion?

You guys are acting like Pats fans. The FO is always right, the players always wrong.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Big Blocker
    You guys are acting like Pats fans. The FO is always right, the players always wrong.
    Not really Kendall has a history of acting this way..I rather the Team focus on players like they did with Cotch,BT and soon to be taken care of Rhodes then to placate a aging Jag lineman..The loses of Mawae and Jmac were addressed and they were much better players then Kendall..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69
    Not really Kendall has a history of acting this way..I rather the Team focus on players like they did with Cotch,BT and soon to be taken care of Rhodes then to placate a aging Jag lineman..The loses of Mawae and Jmac were addressed and they were much better players then Kendall..
    What have the Jets done to address the loss of Kendall if he leaves? Right now they have nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan
    I'm glad someone with some credibility finally addressed Kendall's gripe.

And, just as I figured, it didn't hold water.
    Amen, everytime I hear Kendall talk I just sake my head. He's blaming the Jets for making this a public spat but it was Kendall who brought it to the press and no one has called him on this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JetzIL
    Amen, everytime I hear Kendall talk I just sake my head. He's blaming the Jets for making this a public spat but it was Kendall who brought it to the press and no one has called him on this.
    The Jet FO knew there was an issue and did nothing to address it.

The Jet FO knew there was an issue and did nothing to address it.
    I don't disagree with that, but Kendall is the one the one who dragged this in to the press

Hall Of Fame
    What have the Jets done to address the loss of Kendall if he leaves? Right now they have nobody.
    News flash:

Pete Kendall is not as good as most here believe him to be. Its not like we would need to be replacing a Pro Bowl caliber talent.

Kendall is an above-average NFL starter who last year provided good leadership. He would be a cancer this season if he were to remain so losing an above-average starter who is disgruntled, but replacing him with someone who has some starting experience, comes from a great program where he won a National Championship with a dominating running game, excels at our OLine's greatest weakness (run blocking), and would be happier then a pig in sh*t to be here playing for the New York Jets is not a bad trade off.

Scouts Inc (who can not be trusted 100%, but has much greater access to game film and etc, and is paid to watch and evaluate talent) grades Clarke at a 64 out of 100 .... but only grades Kendall at a 70 out of 100.

One is undersized for the running game and disgruntled, the other is a mamoth of a man (6'5'', 330 lbs) and couldn't be happier then to contribute:

Adrien Clarke (6'5'', 330 lbs.)
    2007 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
    Grade: 64

Comment:
    Clarke has outstanding size and very good play strength. He is smart and versatile. He can play either guard spot or slide out to tackle in a pinch, but he is a short-area player whose best fit is inside. He understands the game and blocking schemes. He shows solid initial quickness in the run game and pass protection. He comes off the ball hard and flashes the ability to bring his feet under him. He plays with good balance in-line, and he can create movement as a drive blocker. He prefers to get pass rushers into tight quarters, grab and hold. He has a solid two-hand punch. But Clarke doesn't have quick feet and struggles to get to spots. He has trouble adjusting to moving targets on the second level. He reaches and lunges too often in space. He needs help in pass protection against quickness. He is slow to redirect against lateral rushers and double moves.

Pete Kendall (6'5'', 292 lbs.)
    2007 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
    Grade: 70

Comment:
    Kendall is a smart, tough blue-collar veteran. He has good position versatility and in 2005 played both guard and center. He can handle calls and adjustments on the line. He has a good frame and long arms. He has above-average initial quickness into blocking patterns. He understands power angles and position. His arms and decent hands give him some ability to recover in pass protection. He plays with good awareness when helping out against inside games. But Kendall lacks bulk, flexibility and range. He doesn't bend well and struggles to maintain his pad level at the point of attack. He stops his feet on contact and spends too much time on the ground. He doesn't adjust well off the track on drive blocks and struggles to get position on backside cutoffs. He isn't very smooth. He has marginal balance and body control on pulls. He struggles to bend and slide his feet off short pass sets. He has trouble maintaining pocket depth.

Banned
    I thought Clarke was coming back from injury. At best he's a gamble to replace Kendall.

Hey, if they can't straighten out Kendall's situation but find a suitable replacement, that will be great.

I just think it's a gamble at this point.

Hall Of Fame
    I thought Clarke was coming back from injury. At best he's a gamble to replace Kendall.

Hey, if they can't straighten out Kendall's situation but find a suitable replacement, that will be great.

I just think it's a gamble at this point.
    This statement I will agree with and let me please apologize if I read to much into your statements. It just drives me madd when people discuss Pete Kendall like he is impossible to replace. He is an above-average NFL starter and nothing more. Plus, his biggest weakness is run blocking and that is what our line needs to improve on the most. He's going to be disgruntled even if he does stay so I say good riddance to him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

How do you know they don't?? There are alot of linemen on the roster! We have gotten over the loss of Ryan Young,Kerry Jenkins,Randy Thomas,Jason Fabini,Mawae,Jumbo Elliot,JMac and Randy Thomas..Somehow I think we'll survive without the services of all World Pete "Show me the Money" Kendall..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69
    How do you know they don't?? There are alot of linemen on the roster! We have gotten over the loss of Ryan Young,Kerry Jenkins,Randy Thomas,Jason Fabini,Mawae,Jumbo Elliot,JMac and Randy Thomas..Somehow I think we'll survive without the services of all World Pete "Show me the Money" Kendall..
    You may be right, and we won't know for sure until the season comes. But, if the Jets don't cut Kendall, you can be sure that its because we don't have someone to replace him, not because they appreciate the "constructive criticism" he's given the FO.

If we had any confidence in any of the backups, I have no doubt that Kendall would be toast (albeit as close as possible to the beginning of the season, either way).