Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Boss to release new E Street Band album

All Pro

The Boss to release new E Street Band album

Bruce Springsteen to Release New E Street Band Album in Fall
    Wednesday, July 11, 2007

By Roger Friedman

The general disarray at Sony Music's Columbia Records may have a savior: Bruce Springsteen.

The Boss, as we still call him, is apparently planning a new album for release in late fall. Some sources insist that this will be an E Street Band album, and not another side project like the "Seeger Sessions" or a solo collection of introspective songs.

An E Street Band album means a big rock 'n' roll sound with Springsteen's featured players like Steve van Zandt, Max Weinberg and Clarence Clemons.

Sources tell me that tracks have been recorded with the group, and that the hope among Bruce insiders is that he will choose their project over several others he may have cooking.

"You never know," one observer said, "but it's looking better and better."

Another and very important player would be Springsteen's wife: rocker Patti Scialfa. The timing would be perfect since Scialfa one of my favorite female rockers already has an album set for release in early September.

"Play It As It Lays" is Scialfa's first new set of songs since "23rd Street Lullaby," which was released three years ago. Patti is already booked on "Letterman" and the "Today" show as well as "The View," where she may have to co-host if Barbara Walters doesn't find replacements for her departed panelists.

For Bruce, a new album would be the first E Street Band release since "The Rising," his magnificent recording about 9/11. That album sold better than any previous Springsteen albums and picked up a number of Grammy nominations. Springsteen lost the award for best album to Norah Jones' debut, if you recall.

If you never tried it, pick up "The Rising" or download some of its amazing tracks like "Empty Sky" or "You're Missing."

The latter song, which had a serious message, could also be the theme song at Sony these days. Quite a few people are missing and they're not coming back. I'm told that layoffs are continuing, with several departments in publicity and marketing gutted.

When I mentioned this to a Sony higher-up the other day, the person replied: "You are the last one writing about the record business. Don't you realize it's over?"

Maybe, but if so, what do I do with my 1,200 45s and thousands of CDs? Not everything fits in a computer. And when the Springsteen album comes out, I don't want to listen to it on earbuds, but through my Rogue tube amplifier and Sequerra Met 7 speakers. Loud, baby, loud.

Banned
    From out here on LI, we just heard the entire state of New Jersey cheer at this announcement.

Hall Of Fame
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HOLY CRAP, best news i have heard in a while!!!!!!!!! So pysched.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    meh

All League
    wa wa wa i'm from jersey

anyone hear anthony from o&a do an imitation of bruce. classic

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313
    wa wa wa i'm from jersey
    I don't remember that song. Which album was that off of?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    its off the "you really can't understand what i am singing" album

All League
    That's alright... let whoever wants to poke fun at the boss... they're just jealous.

And on another musical note, RJF, I couldn't help but notice the National in your sig. What a freakin album... definitely my favorite of the summer... and their first, Alligator, was sweet as well. Great great band Id love to see them live.

All Pro
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    It's off the... "Sounds a dying horse would make if it sung for a band" LP....

jeeze, what rock did you just crawl out from under......
    Last edited by Starkweather; 07-11-2007 at 05:20 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt245
    That's alright... let whoever wants to poke fun at the boss... they're just jealous.

And on another musical note, RJF, I couldn't help but notice the National in your sig. What a freakin album... definitely my favorite of the summer... and their first, Alligator, was sweet as well. Great great band Id love to see them live.
    I can't stop listening to it. It was great the first time I heard it, and the second time around I was just baffled. Definitely one of the top 2-3 albums out so far.

All Pro
    wasn't this a thread about Bruce Springsteen and The E Street band?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313
    wa wa wa i'm from jersey

anyone hear anthony from o&a do an imitation of bruce. classic
    lol.

We're goin' to Jersey, Wendy! Wa wa wa!

Hall Of Fame
    Wow, lots of haters in the building i see.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby2glocks
    Wow, lots of haters in the building i see.
    That's New Yorkers for you.

Bad drivers and quick to rip on Jersey at any opportunity, even if it's unwarranted.

The good news is that the Jets play here, and they ain't going anywhere.

All Pro
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    That's New Yorkers for you.

Bad drivers and quick to rip on Jersey at any opportunity, even if it's unwarranted.

The good news is that the Jets play here, and they ain't going anywhere.
    ... it has absolutely NOTHING to do with Jersey...... it has everything to do with bad musicianship.........

JetsInsider.com Legend
    pretty much every one.

(can I get a "ZING" fish?)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaJets
    Another and very important player would be Springsteen's wife: rocker Patti Scialfa..
    Bruce officially "jumped the shark" when he put his wife in the band.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkweather
    ... it has absolutely NOTHING to do with Jersey...... it has everything to do with bad musicianship.........
    and this statement has everything to do with you not knowing what the hell you're talking about-

Foxboro's statement above this one too-same deal...clueless as to what constitutes good musicianship

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaJets
    and this statement has everything to do with you not knowing what the hell you're talking about-

Foxboro's statement above this one too-same deal...clueless as to what constitutes good musicianship
    Yeah Yoko Scalfia was really needed in the E Street Band. I'm sure they love her.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    Yeah Yoko Scalfia was really needed in the E Street Band. I'm sure they love her.
    Lol. I love Bruce, but im with FF2 on this one. Patty flat out stinks. It doesnt really significantly affect my opinion on the band, but i dont really care for her.