Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Cowboys New Stadium

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287

    Cowboys New Stadium

    Just got done reading the article about Jerry Jones and the Cowboys new stadium in SI.

    First off, the city of Arlington is only paying $325 million toward the cost and Jones is picking up the difference of the $1.1 billion price tag.

    Second, it said in the article the capacity will be 80,000, with the option to exapand to 100,000, "as ticket sales warrant".

    With that said, what figure will the TV networks use to determine blackouts?

  2. #2
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,412
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Just got done reading the article about Jerry Jones and the Cowboys new stadium in SI.

    First off, the city of Arlington is only paying $325 million toward the cost and Jones is picking up the difference of the $1.1 billion price tag.

    Second, it said in the article the capacity will be 80,000, with the option to exapand to 100,000, "as ticket sales warrant".

    With that said, what figure will the TV networks use to determine blackouts?
    Holy crap....Jordy wrote that?

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    Holy crap....Jordy wrote that?
    WTF does that mean?

    EDIT: Nevermind, you are referring to my signature, and yes, that was Jordy's post.

  4. #4
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,412
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    WTF does that mean?
    ur sig....tard! lol

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

    With that said, what figure will the TV networks use to determine blackouts?

    since 1973, home games cannot be televised unless tickets are sold out 72 hours before kickoff. that is not league policy, that is by Act of Congress. before 73, the home team's games were not televised into the home market.
    Last edited by nyahay bus; 07-12-2007 at 07:46 PM.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,837
    WTF! the cowboys are getting another stadium?

  7. #7
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,903
    But I thought you were a Jets fan.

  8. #8
    JetsFan2012
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdawg
    WTF! the cowboys are getting another stadium?

    Yes, they will alternate venues every other home week.

  9. #9
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus
    as always, since 1973, home games cannot be televised unless tickets are sold out 72 hours before kickoff. that is not league policy, that is by Act of Congress.
    I know that, but what will they base the sell-out figures on, 80,000 or 100,000?

    Big difference.

  10. #10
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,458
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    I know that, but what will they base the sell-out figures on, 80,000 or 100,000?

    Big difference.
    80k.. But that will change if they expand to 100.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    I know that, but what will they base the sell-out figures on, 80,000 or 100,000?

    Big difference.

    if they go to 100K capacity, then they have to sell 100K by Thursday or they are SOL.


    when the raiders were in LA, and had no chance to sell 95K tickets in the coliseum, al davis wanted the league to lobby congress to relax the rule. what with his litigious history, he got nowhere. if the league went to bat for the cowboys on this issue, it would kill the old man once and for all.

  12. #12
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus
    if they go to 100K capacity, then they have to sell 100K by Thursday or they are SOL.


    when the raiders were in LA, and had no chance to sell 95K tickets in the coliseum, al davis wanted the league to lobby congress to relax the rule. what with his litigious history, he got nowhere. if the league went to bat for the cowboys on this issue, it would kill the old man once and for all.
    So let's say the Cowboys sell 80,000 tickets by the Thursday noon cut-off, and then decide to expand the stadium to 1000,000, and then they only sell 5,000 more tickets which results in 85,000 out of 100,000 capacity?

    Seems to me this is a loophole where the Raiders and Bills have been screwed for years.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,614
    For some reason I thought their current stadium was new.....No?

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    22,746
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    So let's say the Cowboys sell 80,000 tickets by the Thursday noon cut-off, and then decide to expand the stadium to 1000,000, and then they only sell 5,000 more tickets which results in 85,000 out of 100,000 capacity?

    Seems to me this is a loophole where the Raiders and Bills have been screwed for years.
    I can just go by what they do here in Jacksonville.

    A few years ago, they expanded the stadium to 85,000 capacity so they could host a SuperBowl.

    The following season the Jags couldn't sell out to save their lives so before the '05 season, they blocked out several sections in the upper level, bringing their official capacity for Jags games to about 65,000. That is their official capacity. If demand exceeds 65,000 they can not remove the tarps and sell the tickets. Otherwise they potentially open themselves up to blackouts.

    Shame for the team last year because coming off a 12-4 season with a home schedule that included the Jets, Giants, Pats, Cowboys and Steelers in addition to their division opponents they could have easily sold out at 85,000 every week.

    There was plenty of green and white, blue and red, silver blue and red, blue and silver and black and gold on display at Jags home games last year. And were all subject to that ridiculous first down chant these idiots do.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    22,746
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolJet
    For some reason I thought their current stadium was new.....No?
    Texas Stadium opened in the early 70s.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,691
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    With that said, what figure will the TV networks use to determine blackouts?
    Any time your face ends on television, they'll black it out

  17. #17
    Board Moderator
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,751
    poor woody had to go and build a stadium at the same time as big, bad jerry jones from around the block.

    everything else will be 2nd fiddle (or worse) for a decade or more after this thing goes up, i've been sayng it for months now.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    N.Attleboro, MA
    Posts
    3,883
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    First off, the city of Arlington is only paying $325 million toward the cost and Jones is picking up the difference of the $1.1 billion price tag.
    Are you SH!TTING ME Tex. ONLY $325MM. What STATE, let alone a medium sized suburb of Dallas, has $325 MILLION to GIVE to a private corporation. I hope there is something in that agreement that pays the taxpayers back all their money, otherwise it just ANOTHER boodoggle where a BILLIONAIRE gets WELFARE from the taxpayer.

    I'm really starting to get a little tired of all this opulence for the sake of profit. More welfare for the rich while EVEN the middle class fans get squeezed out or sent to the nose bleed section, or standing room. Anyone making less than 50 grand (70 if you have kids) can forget about ever seeing a game live again, and since most people make around 30, going to a game is going to be a pretty EXCLUSIVE thing.

    The meadowlands is a perfect example. A perfectly good stadium to watch a game, only without all the luxury boxes and other revenue producing perks.
    Its getting to be that its not about the game any more. Think about it Gillette Stadium, which is state of the art and only 5 years old cost about what the city of Arlington is GIVING to the Cowboys. When is too much??? When is overkill???? Just another perk for the rich and another FU to the rest of us.

    BTW- even Gillette has a luxury section (not even the boxes) where about 6,000 yuppies pay hundreds of dollars per seat, and are gone to the bar by the end of the first quarter, and don't venture out after November. They kill the electricity. I hate it.

  19. #19
    Board Moderator
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,751
    Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken
    BTW- even Gillette has a luxury section (not even the boxes) where about 6,000 yuppies pay hundreds of dollars per seat, and are gone to the bar by the end of the first quarter, and don't venture out after November. They kill the electricity. I hate it.
    i fear woody's folly will have 40,000 such fans.

  20. #20
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    Just a guess on my part, but maybe 80k will be the sellout number, and the addtional seats would be added for big time events...Super Bowl, NCAA Hoops & football. Dumb concert events and the like.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us