Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vinny's back

All League

Vinny's back

This morning, quarterback Vinny Testaverde told Tony Bruno on Sporting News Radio that he’s planning to return for a second year with the Patriots and 21st season in the NFL. And apparently, the decision was made a while ago.

“It’s always been what he’s planned on,” said Mike Azzarelli, the former agent to Testaverde who remains a close friend. “This was not a snap decision. It was well thought out.”

Testaverde was working as a non-roster invitee at both the Patriots’ OTAs and minicamp, and the players and coaches alike have said that the experience he brings is a great thing for everyone to draw on. The feeling, too, is mutual.

The 43-year-old has a relationship with Patriots coach Bill Belichick dating back to 1993, when the two were together with the Browns, and has known personnel chief Scott Pioli almost as long.

“That absolutely had a lot to do (with his return),” said Azzarelli. “His relationship with Belichick and Scott has always been outstanding and I know he’s looking forward to working with them again.”

Testaverde has thrown for 45,281 yards, 170 touchdowns and 161 interceptions in a career that — in addition to his time in Cleveland and Foxboro — has included two stops with the Jets, and single stints with the Buccaneers, Cowboys and Ravens.

All League
    Hahahahahahahaha

All League
    God the thought and sight of him wearing a Pats uni gives me the feeling that my wife has cheated on me

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LETSGOJETS
    God the thought and sight of him wearing a Pats uni gives me the feeling that my wife has cheated on me

Vinny is playing for Belli, he better make sure his wife doesn't all of a sudden start collecting shoe box's of money.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Rankings of the AFCE QB's:

1. Brady
    2. Losman
    3. Green
    4. Cassel
    5. Vinny
    6. PennyBoy

Quote Originally Posted by Tailgater
    This morning, quarterback Vinny Testaverde told Tony Bruno on Sporting News Radio that he’s planning to return for a second year with the Patriots and 21st season in the NFL. And apparently, the decision was made a while ago.

“It’s always been what he’s planned on,” said Mike Azzarelli, the former agent to Testaverde who remains a close friend. “This was not a snap decision. It was well thought out.”

Testaverde was working as a non-roster invitee at both the Patriots’ OTAs and minicamp, and the players and coaches alike have said that the experience he brings is a great thing for everyone to draw on. The feeling, too, is mutual.

The 43-year-old has a relationship with Patriots coach Bill Belichick dating back to 1993, when the two were together with the Browns, and has known personnel chief Scott Pioli almost as long.

“That absolutely had a lot to do (with his return),” said Azzarelli. “His relationship with Belichick and Scott has always been outstanding and I know he’s looking forward to working with them again.”

Testaverde has thrown for 45,281 yards, 170 touchdowns and 161 interceptions in a career that — in addition to his time in Cleveland and Foxboro — has included two stops with the Jets, and single stints with the Buccaneers, Cowboys and Ravens.
    no real surprise here, testaverde practiced with the patriots during OTA's and during mini camp

All Pro
    Smart move by the Pats.
    They need Vinny.

All Pro

I second that.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    She just left. She should be home about 7:00.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFranchise
    I second that.
    She was here yesterday. What a cougar.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Vinny, LT or Jim Brown? Discuss.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Heh

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I agree, he'll always be a Raven to me.
    Last edited by FF2®; 02-25-2008 at 02:24 PM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailgater

BB and Testaverde have been dating since '93? This is big news.

TX, you forgot Marquis Tuispopponahininajad, who should be way at the top of the list.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

1. Brady
    2. Losman
    3. Green
    4. Cassel
    5. Vinny
    6. PennyBoy
    HAHA U know Chad is second.

Banned
    I just hope Vinny keeps his wife away from his "head" coach or Ted Nolan is gonna have some company.

Hall Of Fame
    Wow. Why don't the old man just retire!!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

1. Brady
    2. Losman
    3. Green
    4. Cassel
    5. Vinny
    6. PennyBoy
    What a dumbass

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NFL NYJETS
    Wow. Why don't the old man just retire!!
    couple hundred thousand reasons.

All Pro
    I dunno what teh say