Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If we win the SB with T Jones...

Veteran

If we win the SB with T Jones...

Do we forget about CMart? Like, would that be considered the curse of Cmart? A Great RB but no SB. All honesty all he did for us was rack up yards and 1 title with a million carries. Just seeing where he sits if by chance we win this year, the year he retires....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathis81
    Do we forget about CMart? Like, would that be considered the curse of Cmart? A Great RB but no SB. All honesty all he did for us was rack up yards and 1 title with a million carries. Just seeing where he sits if by chance we win this year, the year he retires....
    Please stop baiting Savage.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Please stop baiting Savage.
    I have no problem with Fans that think 7 td's and 4 ypc is a Great Back..I have no problem with people that believe in Santa Claus,the easter bunny or the tooth fairy either..As long as they take their Meds every day..Just think if we didn't have 2 overtime games in 04 no winning by 1 yd for the Compiler..
    Last edited by Savage69; 07-22-2007 at 07:34 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69
    I have no problem with Fans that think 7 td's and 4 ypc is a Great Back..I have no problem with people that belive in Santa Claus,the easter bunny or the tooth fairy either..As long as they take their Meds every day..Just think if we didn't have 2 overtime games in 04 no winning by 1 yd for the Compiler..

Jones is a big game player. Thats good news.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    I'm lost. What happens when we win a Super Bowl?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Crusher
    Jones is a big game player. Thats good news.
    What most Fans can't grasp is in order to win a Bowl your so called Great players have to show up..We haven't had that since Freeman..I'm looking forward to Jones and Leon having a great year..

Veteran
    What most Fans can't grasp is in order to win a Bowl your so called Great players have to show up..We haven't had that since Freeman..I'm looking forward to Jones and Leon having a great year..
    I only said GREAT rb to avoid any of that debate in here.

Hall Of Fame
    Uhh....You don't ever forget about a First Ballot Hall of Fame RB like Martin. You can have more then one great RB, although Jones doesn't figure to play here long enough to ever reach 'Jets Great' status.

And outside of 1998 and 2004, I don't think any of the other teams were championship caliber. 1998 the Jets got beat by Elway and Terrell Davis at their best and 2004 we lost because of Chad, Herm, and Brien. Neither of which you can really blame on Curtis IMO.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m
    Uhh....You don't ever forget about a First Ballot Hall of Fame RB like Martin. You can have more then one great RB, although Jones doesn't figure to play here long enough to ever reach 'Jets Great' status.

And outside of 1998 and 2004, I don't think any of the other teams were championship caliber. 1998 the Jets got beat by Elway and Terrell Davis at their best and 2004 we lost because of Chad, Herm, and Brien. Neither of which you can really blame on Curtis IMO.
    So is that how he will be remembered? As the RB that got out-played and couldnt get it done?

All League
    If, and hopefully, when, we win the superbowl this year with Thomas Jones, it won't be because of him alone.

Curtis gave us some great years and even better memories. Maybe we never won the big one with him, but nobody can ever forget his drive and commitment. He is the perfect player that embodies what Mangini stresses now. It's almost as if he was showing it how to be done before a new coach came in and did the same thing.

TMahoney
    Not be a d*ck to Curtis, but if we win a superbowl who cares about Curtis' legacy?

Moderator VIP Visionary
    If by chance we do, I think Curtis could say he was spiritually involved with the team or something like that. I'd have no problem with that at all.

Hall Of Fame
    Adults believe in curses?

Moderator VIP Visionary
    So you'd be opposed to a seance for Curtis' knee?

Banned
    I don't think you have anything to worry about.

More likely,Curtis Martin's grand-children,might be concerned about this.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Did I miss the Freeman led Jets SB win?

Or how he led the Jets while suffering through games of:

12 carries for 32 yards
    17 carries for 46 yards
    25 carries for 71 yards
    4 carries for 1 yard

4 stinkers out of 8 playoff games.

I loved Freeman, but he hardly was the sure thing you make him out to be in big games.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive

Mangini will show his secret identity. Thats for sure.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive
    That will never happen.

Hell, the Jets haven't even played in one in the last 38 years.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m

In 98 Vinny played as well as Elway but TD was the outstanding player on the field in that game. TD deserves to be a first ballot HOF pick. He had more impact on his team in less years played than almost any back in NFL history. I have no problem with Curtis getting into the HOF but you make a great argument of why TD belongs ahead of him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    That will never happen.

Hell, the Jets haven't even played in one in the last 38 years.

So what in the hell does that matter monkey turd? Buffalo played in 4 in 4 years and won none. I will gurantee the Jets will NEVER lose a Super Bowl. Like it or not we are PERFECT in Super Bowl appearances.