Thread: Charity Raffle: Win TICKETS to the Jets vs. Patriots Season Opener (and CASH too!)

Charity Raffle: Win TICKETS to the Jets vs. Patriots Season Opener (and CASH too!)

The Big Details:
    Only 350 tickets printed, price per ticket: $100

2 Grand Prizes: Each winner will receive two tickets to the Season Opener, Jets vs. Patriots at Giants Stadium, September 9th, 2007, plus $2000 in cash to cover travel expenses. Seats are between the 30-40 yard lines, 8 rows up, on the visitor's side.

1 Second Prize: $500

2 Third Prizes: $250

The Little Details:
    --Drawing to be held on August 6th, you do not need to be present to win.
    --Online purchase of tickets can be made with your credit/debit card through PayPal Donations at http://aroostookfootball.com/pats-jets.
    --Aroostook Youth Football, Inc. is a registered non-profit 501C3 corporation, donations for non-winners are tax deductible.
    --In the event that not enough tickets are sold to make this a success, the raffle will be canceled and all donations will be refunded.
    --All proceeds from this raffle will go to build a new football field, a real football field on recently donated land. The first of it's kind in Aroostook County, Maine.

Take a chance on some great tickets to a great game and help some good kids play some real football!
    But hurry... drawing is on Aug 6th!

I know you Jets fans might not be real interested in helping kids is Northern Maine play some football (I mean it's not exactly your backyard), but I'm hoping the chance to win the tickets and cash might interest you. We'd really appreciate any help you can give us, and good luck!!

Thanks to Sooth for the permission to post this.

I should mention these tickets were donated by a Jets Fan and season ticket holder.

Banned
    I think this is a great idea. I'm in if my wife lets me.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Boca Raton, FL / Surrendered my PSL's biatches
    I will buy 2 tickets if you change your avatar and sig to Jets themes.

Banned
    I've bought my ticket. Not bad odds. 1/70 chance to at least win 1 1/2 times my cost. And a 1/175 to win the tickets.

I think this is great for any of us out of town fans.

Quote Originally Posted by baldnuts1
    Let's see... Patriot's loyalty ... watch my kids play football ... Patriot's loyalty ... watch my kids play football...

Alright. I'm desperate. I'll whip something up shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by VAJET58
    I've bought my ticket. Not bad odds. 1/70 chance to at least win 1 1/2 times my cost. And a 1/175 to win the tickets.

I think this is great for any of us out of town fans.
    THANKS! Really appreciate the help!

How's This?

(I'll throw together a Jets avatar tomorrow)

Undrafted Free Agent
    Boca Raton, FL / Surrendered my PSL's biatches
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ShirtDynasty
    How's This?

(I'll throw together a Jets avatar tomorrow)
    I like it. But why did you have to throw the pats uni in there too?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ShirtDynasty
    Let's see... Patriot's loyalty ... watch my kids play football ... Patriot's loyalty ... watch my kids play football...
    Why the dilemma?

You're not allowed to watch your kids play football on an old field??

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I think this is a great idea. I'm in if my wife lets me.
    That means he's not in.

I like it. But why did you have to throw the pats uni in there too?
    I gotta sleep at night. Alright, I'll fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets 2007
    Why the dilemma?

You're not allowed to watch your kids play football on an old field??
    Was just havin' some fun. No biggie.

Regarding the field, it's a bummer to see a kid tripped up behind the line by a rock. The kids up here have been playing on borrowed soccer fields and rec center fields. This will go towards the first actual football field in the area (it's not the end of the earth, but you can see it from here). Beyond that it's really needed for the program to grow. Right now it's Full Contact High School age only, with plans to expand it to a JR. High program, and eventually an elementary age flag football program. I'm hoping my youngest will be able to at least take part in the Middle School program if he misses out on the Elementary age stuff. Either way, he can't wait to strap 'em on and hit people like his big brother does.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    That means he's not in.

Not quite...she said yes

However, I won't waste space with the 5 page honey-do list she gave me

This is a great deal for Jets fans. You get 2 great seats to watch the Patriots play. And because you don't have to spend much money on travel, you can bet the rest on Moga's picks and become millionaires.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by #1Patriot
    This is a great deal for Jets fans. You get 2 great seats to watch the Patriots play. And because you don't have to spend much money on travel, you can bet the rest on Moga's picks and become millionaires.
    moga, moga, moga

Banned
    Bump

Bump
    did you mean

Charity raffle

Anyone know who won? There is nothing posted on their web site.

Quote Originally Posted by larry1260
    Anyone know who won? There is nothing posted on their web site.
    Unfortunately, not enough tickets sales to pull it off, so it had to be canceled and all purchases were refunded. If you bought tickets through the web site, you should have received an email yesterday with the refund notice from paypal... if you did not, please let me know so I can follow up on it. I wanna make sure that everybody that made online purchases gets their money back.

Thanks for those of you that did buy tickets, and a couple of nice notes from Jets fans! When the director of the program gets back into town, I'm going to suggest that he put the game tickets up for auction or something (either that or just give 'em to me )

Banned
    I got my money refunded. Sorry that they didn't get enough turnout.