Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rangers in talks with several teams about Teixeira

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis90210

Yankee fans crack me up.

8 piles of crap is still crap.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    If we add you into the deal thats 9.5 pieces of crap. Yeah thats right, you are 1 1/2 pieces of crap.
    You don't know me. I'm actually .75 piles of crap.

Banned
    You don't know me.
    Lets keep it that way water boy.

All League
    I love when fans propose trades. "I'll trade you my 19" television and three bags of trash for your brand new car. Oh, and I'll make the last two credit card payments for the TV."

Deal?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AJGunns

I love when fans propose trades. "I'll trade you my 19" television and three bags of trash for your brand new car. Oh, and I'll make the last two credit card payments for the TV."

Deal?
    LOL!!!

Banned
    Lets keep it that way water boy.
    Ah, the old "I've been posting here longer than you defense".

I haven't seen that since Kasparov in the '73 World Championships.

Well played.

Banned
    Okay fellas, let's not turn this into an insult match, it's all in fun

THAT'S IT, you both had your turn now let's play nice

Welcome aboard, francis

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    Okay fellas, let's not turn this into an insult match, it's all in fun

THAT'S IT, you both had your turn now let's play nice

Welcome aboard, francis
    Thanks for the welcome, but this was just getting fun. I love being called Waterboy.

And 1.5 piles of crap.
    Last edited by Francis90210; 07-24-2007 at 10:57 PM.

Banned

Thanks for the welcome, but this was just getting fun. I love being called Waterboy.
    Well if you enjoy exchanging insults you came to the worng place, cause that's not happening here

Other than that, once again I say welcome aboard francis

Banned
    Well if you enjoy exchanging insults you came to the worng place, cause that's not happening here

Other than that, once again I say welcome aboard francis
    Show me where I insulted anyone.

Banned

Show me where I insulted anyone.
    Did I say you insulted anyone?

You didn't, but I want to put the kibosh on this now before it turns into an exchange of insults .. that's what I said and you're response was this is fun .. well the funs over because that's not happening here, end of story

No need for a big debate about it, Just do what Sean did after I said it's over and let it go, fair enough?

Banned

You didn't, but I want to put the kibosh on this now before it turns into an exchange of insults .. that's what I said and you're response was this is fun .. well the funs over because that's not happening here, end of story

No need for a big debate about it, Just do what Sean did after I said it's over and let it go, fair enough?
    Fair enough, I know I'm new here and I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes.

BTW, Maybe the Yankees can sign Al Leiter to help them out.

Banned

Fair enough, I know I'm new here and I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes.
    Its not about being new, I treat everyone the same, that message goes for Sean as well

I Just don't want you to think I'm playing favorites because I'm not, I don't want Sean insulting you either, and if that happens again I'll deal with it .. but he got the message and let it die, and I was just asking you to do likewise

Thanks

Banned
    Since when do you need to be a star to be a starter? Melky is not a backup player. He has found himself in the lineup everyday for the Yankees playing a well above average center field. He is a huge threat on the base paths. He also hits a solid .280

you don't have to be a star to be a starter.......but he's not some prospect with huge upside......imo he's a borderline starter/bench player. he's not the guy the rangers will be looking for when trading a bonafide stud like teixeira.....that was my point.

Banned

hey ham.....have you banned anyone yet? lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon

you don't have to be a star to be a starter.......but he's not some prospect with huge upside......imo he's a borderline starter/bench player. he's not the guy the rangers will be looking for when trading a bonafide stud like teixeira.....that was my point.
    Oh I agree, Melky by himself doesn't even come close to getting it done, which is why I tossed in Farnsworth and a boat-load of young pitchers .. although I will admit those young pitchers don't appear to be any good

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon

hey ham.....have you banned anyone yet? lol
    No, for me that's a last resort, only if someone can't be reasoned with, but I'll always try to reason with posters first and most people are reasonable

Ian Kennedy is right up there with Hughes and Joba in my opinion. All 3 of them should be untouchable. Have you seen Kennedy's #s? He is currently 11-2 with and ERA under 2
    Yeah, but he doesn't have as good stuff as Joba, thus his ceiling is lower. He has a great chance to be a #3 or #4, and he is as much of a guarantee of making it to the majors and being just that, but he doesn't have that ace potential like Joba.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-O-Gold
    sure yankee fans texas will run to trade a switch hitting power first baseman in his prime for your second tier prospects......infact they should just give the guy to the yankees while they are at it. Trust me Hughes+ MAY get it done....
    Why do you post things when you have no idea what you are talking about?

It has been widely reported that Texas has asked for EITHER Joba or Hughes in any deal and the Yankees have rejected. It has also been reported that Texas has started to lower their demands... Use some logic there.

You see, teams aren't trading top prospects (especially pitching prospects) for guys they will only have control of for a year before they test free agency. And with Texeira, you literally are only getting that 1 1/2 year because he is guaranteed to test free agency with Boras as his agent.

So trust me, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Dude, he's right, Texas doesn't have to trade Tex until next year. They have all the leverage. If you want him he will cost you, it isn't like the Yankees are the only team that wants him
    And every day they wait on trading him, the less value he has because it's that much less time a team has control of him before he's a free agent. If they want to trade him, and all reports are that they do, then no, they don't have leverage. That is showing with the article that was originally posted here (did you even read it?) that they have been lowering their demands.

People seem to not realize that teams are no longer trading top prospects anymore. The reason is that with revenue sharing, teams are keeping their star players moreso now, and thus the crop of star free agents has dwindled. And then you get Barry Zito signing a 7 year $120M deal.