Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rangers in talks with several teams about Teixeira

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Pelfrey was a consensus top 5 pitching prospect.
    I bolded the only important word in that sentence for you.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp
    if the yankess could get Tex without giving up Hughes or Joba, Cashman should win GM of the decade, we are not talkin bout a rental in Tex, you have him next season too which also gives u the inside track and time to extend him before he hits the market

P.S. if im the Yankees i do not include Hughes in any trade proposal period, but Joba and Kennedy could be had for the right player/players
    You could get him right now for a package that included Kennedy and Tabata. And if Cashman traded that for 1.5 years of a player, he would be an idiot.

Why would you not trade Hughes but you would trade Joba? Joba, by some, is considered the better prospect. I don't think he is, but that should show you how great of a prospect he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    I am serious neck, and how bout if we replace Phillips with Melky, pull back Damon, and add Tyler Clippard?

Melky Cabrera
    Kyle Farnsworth
    Kei Igawa
    Jeff Karstens
    Tyler Clippard
    Matt DeSalvo
    Sean Henn
    Ron Villone

FOR

Mark Texeira and Eric Gagne
    You can't just give them all the players we don't want and some alright pitching prospects and one pretty good player for those two guys.

Melky+Kennedy+Tabata gets the deal done. I wouldn't make that trade.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    You could get him right now for a package that included . And if Cashman traded that for 1.5 years of a player, he would be an idiot.

Why would you not trade Hughes but you would trade Joba? Joba, by some, is considered the better prospect. I don't think he is, but that should show you how great of a prospect he is.
    I said if i was the Yankees i wouldnt so basically IN MY OPINION hughes is the better prospect and if the yanks can get TEx for Kennedy and Tabata they should do it tomorrow, Tex is top 5 1stbaseman in the league and under your control for more than a half year

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp
    I said if i was the Yankees i wouldnt so basically IN MY OPINION hughes is the better prospect and if the yanks can get TEx for Kennedy and Tabata they should do it tomorrow, Tex is top 5 1stbaseman in the league and under your control for more than a half year
    Gotcha. Well, in the Yankees opinion both Joba and Hughes are completely untouchable.

Well I said I'm sure that Melky+Kennedy+Tabata would get that deal done. And there's no way I'd make that deal. I'd consider trading Kennedy+ for him, but there's not a chance in hell I'm including Tabata or Melky. Which, I'm sure means the Yankees have no chance of getting him, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Texas has been asking for Joba, as they should. Might as well ask for the guy you want the most and hope the other GM says yes. That price will come down, if it hasn't already, and that's my only point. The Yankees could get Texeira without Joba or Hughes. It would most likely cost Tabata though, and there's no way I'm trading Tabata.

I'd much rather stick with Phillips and believe that when Hughes comes back in a week or so, we have enough to make the playoffs and to do some damage when we get in with a 4 man rotation of Wang, Pettitte, Clemens and Hughes.

Banned

Gotcha. Well, in the Yankees opinion both Joba and Hughes are completely untouchable.

Well I said I'm sure that Melky+Kennedy+Tabata would get that deal done. And there's no way I'd make that deal. I'd consider trading Kennedy+ for him, but there's not a chance in hell I'm including Tabata or Melky
    JWF, don't make the mistake of falling in love with your own players

IMO you're right to fall in love with Tabata, the sky is the limit for that kid, but if Kennedy and Melky can get us Mark Texeira I make that deal in a NY minute .. Melky is pretty good, but Tex is an impact player, totally different level
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 07-25-2007 at 05:04 PM.

Banned

IMO you're right to fall in love with Tabata, the sky is the limit for that kid, but if Kennedy and Melky and get us Texteira I make that deal in a NY minute .. Melky is Good, but Tex is an impact player, totally different level
    Again I ask you who plays center field? No way Damon can play there for us. Plugging in a 1st basemen with power is a lot easier then plugging in a above average defensive center fielder with a great arm. Also Melky isn't an automatic out. He is a switch hitter who can get on base many different ways.

I don't make that deal with Melky involved. If we had a center fielder who can replace Melky than I would.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 07-25-2007 at 05:06 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan

Again I ask you who plays center field? No way Damon can play there for us. Plugging in a 1st basemen with power is a lot easier then plugging in a above average center fielder with a great arm.
    If I can get Mark Texeira for Kennedy and Melky, I'll live with Damon's chicken-arm in CF for now
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 07-25-2007 at 07:06 PM.

Banned
    If I can get Mark Texeira for Kennedy and Melky, I'll live with Damon's chicken-arm in CF
    I can't. Melky makes our defense 10x better.

Banned
    If I can get Mark Texeira for Kennedy and Melky, I'll live with Damon's chicken-arm in CF for now

Tabata is the futre in CF anyway, not Melky Cabrera
    Tabata isn't a CF. Yankees are having him play both the corner OF positions. He isn't known for his defense. He is a short stalky guy. He has been compared to Manny offensively and defensively.

I'm telling you CF is one of the 3 post important positions on the field. (C, SS, CF)

You don't remember how bad we looked with Damon in CF earlier in the year? He couldn't come in for balls, he couldn't go back for balls, and he has a lousy arm. He was a big reason for horrible 1st couple months.

If the Yankees trade Melky, I would rather them call up Austin Jackson to play CF, then put Damon back out there.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 07-25-2007 at 05:15 PM.

Banned

Tabata isn't a CF. Yankees are having him play both the corner OF positions. He isn't known for his defense. He is a short stalky guy. He has been compared to Manny offensively and defensively.

I'm telling you CF is one of the 3 post important positions on the field. (C, SS, CF)

You don't remember how bad we looked with Damon in CF earlier in the year? He couldn't come in for balls, he couldn't go back for balls, and he has a lousy arm. He was a big reason for horrible 1st couple months.

If the Yankees trade Melky, I would rather them call up Austin Jackson to play CF, then put Damon back out there.
    Okay I made a mistake on Tabata's position, thanks for correcting that, but I still have to deal Melky if that clinches {or breaks} a deal for Mark Texeira .. but you're point about Damon in CF is not wrong, I agree, he's a liability in CF, I just think it's hard to pass on Texeira because of Melky Cabrera, that's like passing on a steak for a hotdog

Banned
    Okay I made a mistake on Tabata's position, thanks for correcting that, but I still have to deal Melky if that clinches {or breaks} a deal for Mark Texeira .. but you're point about Damon in CF is not wrong, I agree, he's a liability in CF, I just think it's hard to pass on Texeira because of Melky Cabrera, that's like passing on a steak for a hotdog
    Maybe so but with the hitters we already have in our lineup he isn't worth having a liability in CF. With our lineup, I'll take an above average speedy CF who isn't an automatic out over a 1st basemen with a big bat. We have plenty of big bats in our lineup.

Pitching and defense wins ball games. Lets talk to Houston about Lidge, Rangers about Gagne, and Nationals about Cordero.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 07-25-2007 at 07:17 PM.

Banned
    If we do end up making it into the post season with the roster we have now, I swear to god the Yankees better not have Giambi at 1st base and Damon in CF.

Banned
    2 Run Homer from Melky!

Okay, I take that back .. let's NOT trade Melky Cabrera!

IMO you're right to fall in love with Tabata, the sky is the limit for that kid, but if Kennedy and Melky can get us Mark Texeira I make that deal in a NY minute .. Melky is pretty good, but Tex is an impact player, totally different level
    My issue is that Melky is the only CFer we have on this team. Damon cannot play CF anymore IMO. I'm a big proponent of good defense, especially in the playoffs, and I want to keep Melky for that reason.

Plus, I just don't think we really need Texeira. Phillips is doing a nice job there for now and with our leftys hitting, our offense is really doing the job.

Firstly, Tabata is not being compared to Manny defensively. He's much better than that and has a cannon.

Austin Jackson is nowhere near ready and isn't a great defensive CFer (he hasn't played that much there since he was a basketball player and doesn't have great instincts). Brett Gardner would be the guy to replace Melky if he was traded. And, Brett Gardner would be a guy I would be willing to trade.

If we do end up making it into the post season with the roster we have now, I swear to god the Yankees better not have Giambi at 1st base and Damon in CF.
    We made a similar mistake last year.

Banned
    We made a similar mistake last year.
    The 2nd out of todays game is exactly why we can't trade or sit Melky Cabrera and have Damon play CF.