Thread: vip treatment at camp

Practice Squad

Smile vip treatment at camp

a brief story of the classy jets training camp

my family has had season tickets since 1973. my parents along with my 37 year old brother and myself (30). this season is going to be the last season that my father and mother will have their tickets as they are getting ready to move down to south caroinia to retire.their two tickets are being passed on to my son and my brothers son. so as it being the last season and long time ticket holders (who come from delaware every game since 1988) my brother called the jets to see if there was anything at all we could do for my dad as a birthday/fathers day present to him, in his final year.

originally we tried to see what could be done during the season and seeing if maybe we got to a game early enough could we like tour the field/locker room before a game. our hopes were rasied as the gentleman my brother talked to with the jets said that it could be possible and has been done in the past. we would have to call Mr. ********** (cant pronounce name) sometime in july and see what can be done. we finally got hold of someone who told my brother that while it was true some stuff like this had been done in the past (never heard of it before though) it is no longer allowed since 9/11.... we were told something along the line of security ???????

anyway we left it at that and figured O well it was worth a try. 2 days ago my brother (who lives and works in manhattan) got a call again from Mr. **********. my brother said that he apologized for someone telling us the wrong info and he would like to make it up to us. he told my brother if the three of us could get out to camp sometime next week (before the 1st pre-season game) that the jets would like to invite us to a day at camp. so the info was mailed to my brother yesterday and we have been invited to go to camp next week and tour the facility with a member of the jets organization. we have been told that we will be able to go to see the locker rooms along with where players have meeting, see game tapes, the trainers facility, and also the strength and conditioning areas. also during practice we were told we would be allowed to be on the "active" side of both fields and walk along as players run drills. from what i have been told (never been to camp) there is a fenced side and the bleachers side. we are going to be able to be on the opposite side along where the players and coaches enter and line up. sound interesting. and finally Mr. ********* told my brother that afterwards (end of second practice) we would have access to a meet and greet with a few players for some autographs and pics.

all and all it sounds like a great day and i cant wait but it got me to wonder if other organizations do things like this or not and it made me proud to be a jet fan. it shows what some will do to look out for the fan/little guy who has been supportive to this team through thick and thin.

Hall Of Fame
    You are right a classy organization. Enjoy my friend.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by vilmas vengance
    a brief story of the classy jets training camp

my family has had season tickets since 1973. my parents along with my 37 year old brother and myself (30). this season is going to be the last season that my father and mother will have their tickets as they are getting ready to move down to south caroinia to retire.their two tickets are being passed on to my son and my brothers son. so as it being the last season and long time ticket holders (who come from delaware every game since 1988) my brother called the jets to see if there was anything at all we could do for my dad as a birthday/fathers day present to him, in his final year.

originally we tried to see what could be done during the season and seeing if maybe we got to a game early enough could we like tour the field/locker room before a game. our hopes were rasied as the gentleman my brother talked to with the jets said that it could be possible and has been done in the past. we would have to call Mr. ********** (cant pronounce name) sometime in july and see what can be done. we finally got hold of someone who told my brother that while it was true some stuff like this had been done in the past (never heard of it before though) it is no longer allowed since 9/11.... we were told something along the line of security ???????

anyway we left it at that and figured O well it was worth a try. 2 days ago my brother (who lives and works in manhattan) got a call again from Mr. **********. my brother said that he apologized for someone telling us the wrong info and he would like to make it up to us. he told my brother if the three of us could get out to camp sometime next week (before the 1st pre-season game) that the jets would like to invite us to a day at camp. so the info was mailed to my brother yesterday and we have been invited to go to camp next week and tour the facility with a member of the jets organization. we have been told that we will be able to go to see the locker rooms along with where players have meeting, see game tapes, the trainers facility, and also the strength and conditioning areas. also during practice we were told we would be allowed to be on the "active" side of both fields and walk along as players run drills. from what i have been told (never been to camp) there is a fenced side and the bleachers side. we are going to be able to be on the opposite side along where the players and coaches enter and line up. sound interesting. and finally Mr. ********* told my brother that afterwards (end of second practice) we would have access to a meet and greet with a few players for some autographs and pics.

all and all it sounds like a great day and i cant wait but it got me to wonder if other organizations do things like this or not and it made me proud to be a jet fan. it shows what some will do to look out for the fan/little guy who has been supportive to this team through thick and thin.
    Damn man good for you. I am super-jealous. Enjoy the time while you have it!

Veteran
    Cool! take lots of pictures and be ready to share!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Cool deal, I'm jealous. Bring us back a report por favor.

Veteran
    If you see Kendell ask him how the FO is treating him

lucky you

vips get all the fun at jets training camp

Banned
    It's pronounced Mr. Jets_Nation

Banned
    That's a great thing for the Jets to do. Another feather-in-the-cap for Woody.

SAR I

Veteran
    I was on that same tour last year .It was alot of fun.Being a fan since the early eighty's.It ranks up there pretty high on my list You and your family enjoy .

Hall Of Fame
    That is cool. Your dad will remember it forever. Please take pics.

All Pro
    Awesome for you and your dad. Enjoy.

Veteran
    Gee, where's TX to piss all over this thread?

Veteran
    Awesome. Enjoy!

Charter JI Member
    I had a VIP experience at camp a few seasons back (charity auction) however the one they have planned for sounds even better! Have a great time, me, my son, and nephews had a ball.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Hopefully they'll give you access to the tent. It's hot as hell out there.