Thread: I wonder how Penny and Daboll are getting along...

I wonder how Penny and Daboll are getting along...

Schotty will most likely be gone after the season, either to coach another NFL team or a top college program. Pennington has really taken to Schottenheimer, but he's taken to just about every coach he's encountered in his career so I don't forsee a problem with Daboll.

The question is how different are Schotty' and Daboll's offensive phylosophies, I would hate for Pennington to start all over again next year, although from all indications Daboll is a good one in his own rights.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet
    Schotty will most likely be gone after the season, either to coach another NFL team or a top college program. Pennington has really taken to Schottenheimer, but he's taken to just about every coach he's encountered in his career so I don't forsee a problem with Daboll.

The question is how different are Schotty' and Daboll's offensive phylosophies, I would hate for Pennington to start all over again next year, although from all indications Daboll is a good one in his own rights.

How do you know this, we gave him extra money this past off season to stick around, what makes you think we won't do it again?

All League
    really depends on how we do. if the team is mediocre then he will stay. if we make the playoffs and maybe win a game then he will be a hot commodity again

All Pro
    Remember, guys like Marty Schotteheimer and Bill Cowher will be looking for jobs next year. Maybe Gruden as well.

I think Schott will be here a few more years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cack89
    How do you know this, we gave him extra money this past off season to stick around, what makes you think we won't do it again?

Won't matter how much money you throw at him if a HC situation arises 99% chance he'll take it and there's a good chance he will get an opportunity next year.

Banned

Based on what? The fact that he had one interview this year?

If the Jets take a step back he won't go anywhere. If we take a step forward he'll get interest but it'll be a tight market. About 3/4 of the league changed coaches in the last three years. I would expect things to stabilize a bit.

Won't matter how much money you throw at him if a HC situation arises 99% chance he'll take it and there's a good chance he will get an opportunity next year.
    SAR give it up I was on to your Silk identity from the start!

Veteran

ehh i wouldn't be to sure, Schotty SR Cower maybe Bellicheck maybe Herm all maybe looking for jobs next year,and i think Schotty JR likes being one of the top paid OC plus becoming comfortable and being good friends with Mangini

ehh i wouldn't be to sure, Schotty SR Cower maybe Bellicheck maybe Herm all maybe looking for jobs next year,and i think Schotty JR likes being one of the top paid OC plus becoming comfortable and being good friends with Mangini

I hope that's the case because I really like Schotty but a bigtime college program might be calling next year too.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jet2868
    SAR give it up I was on to your Silk identity from the start!
    Silkmojet = Sar ?

Really? What makes you think that? (We could get Buzz to check IPs, if he hasn't already.)

Veteran
    I hope that's the case because I really like Schotty but a bigtime college program might be calling next year too.

yeah, i know where you're coming from, but i see him sticking around for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    Silkmojet = Sar ?

Really? What makes you think that? (We could get Buzz to check IPs, if he hasn't already.)
    Silk is baiting people with idiotic posts for a laugh and he is pretty good at it...He continues to get both newbies and veterans...So it has to be an intelligent person with a twisted sense of humor that has entirely too much time on their hands...
    Oh Sh*t I just gave myself up as another prime suspect

Veteran
    Silk is baiting people with idiotic posts for a laugh and he is pretty good at it...He continues to get both newbies and veterans...So it has to be an intelligent person with a twisted sense of humor that has entirely too much time on their hands...
    Ok, that could fly. Except that SAR is kinda an attention whore, why would he let Slikmojet take credit for all the new face time? Slikmojet has been everywhere in the last 10 days. (True test: Has Slik mentioned that he'd like Chad to bake him brownie but not like him to be his quarterback? In that case, then yes, it's SAR. OH! Or you could set a trap and start a thread about feet.)
    Last edited by Kate; 08-10-2007 at 06:11 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod
    Based on what? The fact that he had one interview this year?
    It was more than just an interview Kleck. He interviewed and was straight up offered the job, but thankfully turned it down. That said, I think it'll be another couple years before he gets another serious offer. He's really young and Joe W Namath made a good point that there will be experienced HC's on the market next season.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Slik's from another board btw. He's not SAR or any poster from here under an alias.

All League
    Nah, Herm will have to do a lot more damage to the KC franchise before he's looking for a new job. BTW, did you see how ridiculous he looked in the first episode of Hard Knocks, drawing that stupid "Welcome to Traning Camp" banner? It looked to me like even his players were embarrassed for him, and when Herm realized how stupid he looked he gave the sign to a couple of the players, who promptly deposited it on the ground where it belonged. Really, that good ole boy persona does not fit and makes him look like a fool.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
    Slik's from another board btw. He's not SAR or any poster from here under an alias.
    Oh bummer. You just ruined all the fun I was going to have for the next hour.

Hall Of Fame
    It's way too early to start getting worried about this kind of stuff. I still remember during the offseason after the 2004 season when everyone was afraid how Henderson was going to get signed away as a HC from us following the season. Instead he got fired by Mangini a year later, was picked up by the Lions, and then fired after one season there. I'm more than confident that Mangini can replace Schotty if it comes to it and likely already has a plan in place. After all, Mangini is the one who found B-Schottz to begin with when everyone else was questioning the hire.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    Ok, that could fly. Except that SAR is kinda an attention whore, why would he let Slikmojet take credit for all the new face time? Slikmojet has been everywhere in the last 10 days. (True test: Has Slik mentioned that he'd like Chad to bake him brownie but not like him to be his quarterback? In that case, then yes, it's SAR. OH! Or you could set a trap and start a thread about feet.)

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

Hmmmm brownies...

If you self deprecate there isn't enough for the next guy to pick at