Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jacob Bender.

JetsInsider.com Legend

Jacob Bender.

Looked very good tonight. We might have ourself a starter. He looked very solid out there tonight.

Thoughts?

Hall Of Fame
    Didn't notice him a single time. Most times, for offensive lineman, that is a good thing.

What did he do well?

All League
    I'll watch the SNY rebroadcast, but I think he was responsible for Clemens getting hit on that 20 yard pass to Jackson. But a fine job overall. Especially considering the Jets threw the ball a lot when he was in there and he came into the game with very little experience pass blocking in college.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ITWT
    Didn't notice him a single time. Most times, for offensive lineman, that is a good thing.

What did he do well?
    Stood there.. didnt let anyone by. He looked REALLY comfortable out there, people ran into him he did not move. And you really can tell he loves to be here right now.. because when the TD was reviewed and stood. He jumped up and down like a young kid. lol.

All Pro
    yeah i SAW HIM! on one play he ws like obsessed blocking that dude... he kicked his arse I would say! I was impressed.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdawg
    yeah i SAW HIM! on one play he ws like obsessed blocking that dude... he kicked his arse I would say! I was impressed.

NIce. That gets me excited. I have 1 hour 2 minutes before I get to see the game.

Undrafted Free Agent
    i didnt notice Bender while at the game but he was mentioned on espn this morning for making a nice block on Jamaal Anderson.

All League
    I think he is being groomed to step into Clement's spot someday. I thought he did alright last night.

Hall Of Fame
    I've been thinking while he isn't going to replace Clement as the starter this season. I can see him making some major contributions as the season wears on spelling Clement from time to time.

Sometimes when I was watching him at camp he would get demolished by a lineman and Tony Wise would give him the wrath of god immediately afterward. But unlike Kellen Clemens from a year ago, he seemed to learn from it as his technique would instantly improve. He's a smart kid and it seems as though he's accepting what he's being coached like a sponge.

He's never going to have the athletic ability of say a D'Brickashaw Ferguson, but he's just as smart. At right tackle I believe he can use his smarts to his advantage. Much like Chad Pennington uses his smarts to his advantage at the QB position............

Banned

Anyone see Bender obliterate Anderson?

They showed it on ESPN, on one play RT Jacob Bender {6th RD Pick} obliterated LDE Jamaal Anderson {Selected #8 Overall in RD 1} .. and I mean Bender absolutely blew his doors off, blew him up, blew him off the line of scrimmage, knocked him around five yards off the LOS, it looked like Bender was the blue-chipper and Anderson was late rounder
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 08-11-2007 at 10:45 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    nice !

were they doing a draft pick vs draft pick segment ?

All Pro
    Didn't see that play (hey, I was really fighting sleep at that point!) but am very encouraged to hear about it. I will go back and look at the tape later today.

On a similar note, did everyone notice D'Brick's great improvement in the run game in the 1st quarter? He was just shoving Johnny Abe all over the place. OK, so it was Abe who is not exactly noted for being a great run defender, but it was encouraging and does look as though D'Brick has gotten stronger and meaner in the run-blocking department.

All League
    I saw that on ESPN, Bender dropped him where he stood. He really looked good last night.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fullblast

I saw that on ESPN, Bender dropped him where he stood. He really looked good last night.
    DESTROYED HIM

Anderson will take a lot of abuse from his team-mates if they run the film on that play, cause he got manhandled

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    DESTROYED HIM

Anderson will take a lot of abuse from his team-mates if they run the film on that play, cause he got manhandled
    This is good news

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdawg
    ESPN replayed him totally kicking Jamal Anderson's arse!! Totally drove him off the line and put him on his backside!!

NIIICE!!

All League
    Mangini is putting young tough linemen out there...they will come together as a group and be very solid....and they will do it together...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopaine
    ESPN replayed him totally kicking Jamal Anderson's arse!! Totally drove him off the line and put him on his backside!!

NIIICE!!
    If anyone finds a clip of this...I'd love to see it!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    They showed it on ESPN, on one play RT Jacob Bender {6th RD Pick} obliterated LDE Jamaal Anderson {Selected #8 Overall in RD 1} .. and I mean Bender absolutely blew his doors off, blew him up, blew him off the line of scrimmage, knocked him around five yards off the LOS, it looked like Bender was the blue-chipper and Anderson was late rounder
    Wow. My nipples got perky just reading that.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Damn, I missed that play. But I've got the game recorded, any idea when that play that happened?