Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Herm Edwards Game!!!!

Rookie

The Herm Edwards Game!!!!

Alright, I got a game! You take a random subject and you put a quote that Herm would use with it to describe his football team. For example:

Herm and a keyboard:

"You see, a good football team has to keep pounding away. You have to keep pounding it, like a keyboard. The more you pound that keyboard and the more letters you type in, the more TD's you get out of it. You just keep pounding that T into the keyboard, and then you pound that D into the keyboard. Next thing you know you get all these TD's into the keyboard over and over, rack up those points."

Alright, someone do Herm and a lighter for cigarettes.

Quote Originally Posted by NYjets84
    Alright, I got a game! You take a random subject and you put a quote that Herm would use with it to describe his football team. For example:

Herm and a keyboard:

"You see, a good football team has to keep pounding away. You have to keep pounding it, like a keyboard. The more you pound that keyboard and the more letters you type in, the more TD's you get out of it. You just keep pounding that T into the keyboard, and then you pound that D into the keyboard. Next thing you know you get all these TD's into the keyboard over and over, rack up those points."

you type to write the letters. hello. you type to write the letters.

All Pro
    I told Larry before he came to camp. I says, "Larry, training camp is a lot like someone lighting a lighter. You don't always light up the first time. It takes a few tries to flick that lighter on. Once you get it though, ha ha, you got a nice light shining."

It was a good talk.

Ok, next (an easy one): Herm Edwards and a calculator.
    Last edited by TheFranchise; 08-30-2007 at 03:08 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Where is SAR with that flashing Herm Head gif?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked
    Where is SAR with that flashing Herm Head gif?

Just make one Fish.

Rookie

Herm And A Car

A car dosent drive itself you gotta get in the car and drive it.

Banned

Herm and a keyboard:

"You see, you got this cigirate and its got all this tobacco packed up in this thin piece of paper. The tobacco is the team and the I am the paper. The tobacco and the paper have to be one so that when you are ready to ignite and go on a run you burn properly."

"Then you got this lighter and its hidden and all you want to do is light that cigarette and get this thing going. Problem is you cant find that lighter and you are trying this and trying that. You remember what it was like to smoke that cigarette. You remember what is was like to light that smoke. But, you just cant find that ligher"

"Thats where we are now...as a team...that were we are...we are looking for that lighter...and we are going to find it...yep...we sure are...I know we are going to find that lighter...I know...it...they need to to believe that we will...if they (being the team) believe we will find it...we going to do good things."

Herm and an ice cream cone.

All Pro
    Ha, good one JiF.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFranchise
    I told Larry before he came to camp. I says, "Larry, training camp is a lot like someone lighting a lighter. You don't always light up the first time. It takes a few tries to flick that lighter on. Once you get it though, ha ha, you got a nice light shining."

It was a good talk.

Ok, next (an easy one): Herm Edwards and a calculator.
    Classic!

Alright, Ill give a few options:

Herm and an ice cream cone (JiF)
    Herm and a calculator (TheFranchise)
    Herm and a sandbox
    Herm and raisins
    Herm and a top hat

In case you couldnt tell, Im really bored at work and need something to entertain me.
    Last edited by NYjets84; 08-30-2007 at 03:21 PM.

What came first the chicken or the egg?

Herm: Everybody always talking bout the chicken and the egg! chicken and the egg! Some people trying to take the easy way out and say chicken. Sure it's easy, it's alive you don't have to work for it. I ain't about that.

Now don't get this twisted I like the chicken but you have to work for it. Work hard, nurture it, but the egg is young so you gotta keep it simple, don't make it too complicated. You bring it along slow and in three years you got a chicken.

JetsInsider.com Legend

Herm and a keyboard:

Did you see my donut analogy in the other thread?

http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/sh...23&postcount=5
    Last edited by jetstream23; 08-30-2007 at 03:33 PM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23
    Did you see my donut analogy in the other thread?
    Haha, yeah, it was clever. I saw it and was like Herm can talk about anything. That cracked me up forever, so i thought i would start a game on it, keep me entertained.

All Pro
    Classic!

Herm and a calculator
    Herm and a sandbox
    Herm and raisins
    Herm and a top hat

In case you couldnt tell, Im really bored at work and need something to entertain me.

Yeah, it's working for me too!!

Reporter: How do you deal with cutting some of your players?

Herm: Well, I bring 'em into my office, grab a Krispy Kreme, and tell 'em, "Son, you gotta realize the NFL is one big sandbox. Sometimes you get caught with sand in your pants and it hurts- I know. I was in this game for a while too. And while you're trying to get all that sand out, you look around the sandbox and see the group of kids who made that big ol' sandcastle. Then there's that other group just diggin' a hole. You don't want to be with them.
    So keep your head up, get that sand outta your pants, and hopefully you'll come back next year with a bigger pail and shovel."

Undrafted Free Agent
    I love this thread...great stuff

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Classic!

Herm and a sandbox
    Herm and raisins
    Herm and a top hat

"You know...some people think a raisin is nothing more than a shrivelled up grape. Well that raisin has been through a lot. You don't always know what that raisin has been through. Maybe it came from a broken home, maybe it was abused as a child, maybe that raisin has injured its shoulder in back to back seasons. But you see, I know that raisin....I know that raisin real well. He'll be alright.....he'll be okay....you'll see. I know that raisin alright! Some of them don't make it past being a grape....some get put in a bucket with other grapes and squashed to make wine. When you tell me that a raisin is nothing more than a shrivelled up grape then Quit...Go retire!"

All Pro
    Some of them don't make it past being a grape....some get put in a bucket with other grapes and squashed to make wine. When you tell me that a raisin is nothing more than a shrivelled up grape then Quit...Go retire!"

That part is hysterical!

Hahaha, on fire my man!

Rookie
    All of these quotes are cracking me up! Oh man, i can just imagine him saying this stuff.

A few more options:

Herm and Wolverine from Xmen
    Herm and sideburns
    Herm and a pitchfork
    Herm and a toll booth
    Last edited by NYjets84; 08-30-2007 at 03:45 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Classic!

Herm and a sandbox
    Herm and raisins
    Herm and a top hat

"Hello....you press + to do addition! YOU PRESS + TO DO ADDITION! You don't press it to just press it."

All Pro
    "Hello....you press + to do addition! YOU PRESS + TO DO ADDITION! You don't press it to just press it."

Hall Of Fame
    The funniest part is that you can't tell if some of these are real of if they were just made up today.

Like the Chicken and the Egg. Herm may have actually said that in an old interview! Did he?

Classic stuff.