Thread: LSU vs. Mississippi State

All Pro

LSU vs. Mississippi State

Mississippi State's offensive line is really doing a solid job on LSU defensive line- LG Jason Strauder and C Royce Blackledge are keeping Dorsey quiet and Jackson, as well, is being double teamed continually.

The conditions are making it tough to throw the ball so both teams are using a lot of power running formations and LSU is even doing a lot of options and naked bootlegs with Flynn(Miss State DE Titus Brown has lost containment 2 or 3 times already on the weakside) Flynn has made a couple good throws with the pass rush bearing down on him and I like how he really hangs in the pocket.

I don't like Ali Highsmith's frame at all- he really looks like a safety. He got burned taking a poor route covering Miss State's RB out of the backfield and looks to have some trouble shucking blocks. Not too impressed thus far but I understand the conditions are probably taking away some from the best asset of his game-speed.

All Pro
    JR OG Herman Johnson of LSU is fat and soft. Overall, LSU's OL is getting dominated.

Miss State's RB Dixon beats Highsmith to the corner on a stretch play.

Are LSU's stars gonna shine today?

All Pro
    Of course as I rip LSU stars, Highsmith drops back beautifully into a passing lane and bats away a pass and Dorsey beats a double team and snuffs out a shovel pass.

All Pro
    Jonathan Zenon reads the go route, runs stride-for-stride with his man , turns to look for the football, and picks off a pass that hits him in the chest.

Textbook.

All Pro
    Curtis Taylor with an INT- mostly because Miss State's QB makes Mike Teel look like Joe Montana.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I forgot to set the TIVO.

How'd Titus Brown, Doucet, and Dorsey look? Did Burks do anything special?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

someone should tell Doug Flutie this is not Sylvester Crooms first year as coach at MSU....this justification for that program going nowhere since he's been there is revolting....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    I forgot to set the TIVO.

How'd Titus Brown, Doucet, and Dorsey look? Did Burks do anything special?
    Brown had a sack and gave LSU's sh1tty RT all day. Miss State went to a lot of 3 man fronts that really through off LSU's line.

Like I said, Brown can get a little over-aggressive and lose containment on the weak side but he showed a solid array of pass-rush moves.

Doucet had a solid, yet unspectacular game. Miss State's defense for the most part handled LSU's speed but Doucet did have like 9 grabs and a TD.

Dorsey's awareness is top notch. He snuffed out a screen and a shovel pass in the game. He was double teamed pretty much the entire game because he's unblockable one-on-one. He's a beast- his hand usage is advanced but he needs to do a better job of beating the wham block because he's going to see a lot of it.

Jackson was getting double teamed with the RT and TE as well as well as being chipped by the RB. He's gotta learn how to beat it- he's going to see it all season long.

Steltz's box score looked terrific but I'm not sure he did anything out of the ordinary. He played his keys and Hennig threw him the ball.

Burks did nothing. Then again, he's got a terrible QB throwing to him.