Thread: I Was Looking At The Jets Schedule......

All Pro

I Was Looking At The Jets Schedule......

And noticed that the Thanksgiving Day game is not subject to a time change although it's within the group of games that can be. It's the only game where the time is noted on the schedule in that group between Pittsburgh (on Nov 18) aand Kansas City (on Dec. 30).

Not that I want it to change but maybe some people do. I was just wondering.

Anyone know why?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSFJFC
    And noticed that the Thanksgiving Day game is not subject to a time change although it's within the group of games that can be. It's the only game where the time is noted on the schedule in that group between Pittsburgh (on Nov 18) aand Kansas City (on Dec. 30).

Not that I want it to change but maybe some people do. I was just wondering.

Anyone know why?
    The Lions always play the early game and the Cowboys always play the late game on Thanksgiving.

Once the opponents are determined, those games would NEVER change.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    The Lions always play the early game and the Cowboys always play the late game on Thanksgiving.

Simpler than that. The other games are subject to the flex schedule, but being the Thanksgiving game, that one obviously isn't.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

I don't know if that's the real reason because I just took a look at last year's schedule and noticed that the time (8:30 pm) of the Christmas Day game was already indicated on the schedule (just like this years Thanksgiving Day game is), whereas, the rest of the games that fell within that group read TBA.

Maybe it has something to do with the holidays?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSFJFC
    Maybe it has something to do with the holidays?
    No. Flex schedule. Cowboys game is Thanksgiving, Dolphins game was Monday Night Football, both therefore not subject to the flex.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Aten
    No. Flex schedule. Cowboys game is Thanksgiving, Dolphins game was Monday Night Football, both therefore not subject to the flex.
    I had some information that I've saved on my computer here pertaining to the Flex Schedule and two of the things mentioned followed right in line with what you said and they are:

-No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games.
    -Not in effect Week 16 due to holiday weekend. (based on last year's schedule which was the Christmas weekend)

Good job!!

All League
    We dont have a MNF game this year, do we? Or SNF?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolJet
    We dont have a MNF game this year, do we? Or SNF?
    The last game of the year is a Sunday night game against the Chiefs.