Thread: A new low for the raiders?

Waterboy

Man...

it wasnt long ago when I was cursing the schedule gods for making us play Oakland in Oakland at the end of every season... now I wish they would.

I was surprised at the Raiders letting him go. So I'd say it's likely the story is true. Moses would have been pretty pathetic to deserve a cut as the top pick in the 3rd round.

With 600 cuts happening in a short time period and lots of people involved, I'm sure a mistake happens every once and a while. But it does make the Raiders look pretty foolish.

Banned
    Oh man! The Jets should have jumped all over him!

All Pro
    its the raiders, that whole franchise is a joke

All Pro
    I seriously doubt that a list as important as that gets left up to an admin assistant to do, and that no-one checks it before it gets sent.

Nice story, but smells a bit fishy to me.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan
    Oh man! The Jets should have jumped all over him!
    Are you kidding ? Quentin Moses could offer the Jets a discount to sign with them and they would still probably pass. The Jets are not interested in players with a questionable desire for the game.

Plus, Arizona got him off waivers. The Jets had no shot at him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR
    I seriously doubt that a list as important as that gets left up to an admin assistant to do, and that no-one checks it before it gets sent.

Nice story, but smells a bit fishy to me.
    I agree...he gets cut by a lowly admin assistant, without the HC signing off on it first? No "the coach wants to see you, bring your playbook" stuff?

This story is total BS, put out there either by an angry Raiders fan who wanted to keep Moses, or a delighted Cards fan who can't believe they got a 3rd round pick for free.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops
    I agree...he gets cut by a lowly admin assistant, without the HC signing off on it first? No "the coach wants to see you, bring your playbook" stuff?

This story is total BS, put out there either by an angry Raiders fan who wanted to keep Moses, or a delighted Cards fan who can't believe they got a 3rd round pick for free.
    Watching hard knocks, the player being released has to sign a release form before he leaves the team and hands in his playbook.

There is no truth to this story.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Watching hard knocks, the player being released has to sign a release form before he leaves the team and hands in his playbook.

There is no truth to this story.

is that form to protect the team, or does that form get sent to the NFL ?

don't forget TO's agent screwed up paperwork and that's how he got traded to Balt, so these things happen. Just sayin

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by samwise
    is that form to protect the team, or does that form get sent to the NFL ?

don't forget TO's agent screwed up paperwork and that's how he got traded to Balt, so these things happen. Just sayin
    They sign off to prevent an injury dispute- remember that an injured player can't be released. However, a quick $20,000 usually obtains the signature of lesser echelon cuts, in cases of a sore hammy.

Banned
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 12:47 p.m. EDT, September 3, 2007MOSES WASN'T CUT BY MISTAKE Despite from Internet rumors and reports that the Raiders accidentally released defensive end Quentin Moses, the team's third-round pick in the 2007 draft, an industry source tells us that the cutting of the rookie was not the result of a mistake.Moses received a $610,000 signing bonus when he signed with the Raiders, and will keep that money as he heads to the Cardinals, who claimed him on waivers. For the Cardinals, it made their decision to dump third-rounder Buster Davis (who also received a $610,000 signing bonus) a wash.

If there is one guy Al Davis doesn't want to piss off, it is Rob Ryan (Buddy Ryan's son), perhaps the best DC in the business. Mangini couldn't persuade the young coach to take the Jets' DC position. I wonder if Ryan was in the loop on the Moses move.