Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Is Or Has Gone To See The Patriots At The Jets?

Who Is Or Has Gone To See The Patriots At The Jets?

I'm curious

1) For those who have been before to see the Patriots at the Jets
    -Do they normally have a lot of fans at the Meadowlands?
    -How many, what percent, is the usual amount?
    -Has this increased recently or do they always travel well?
    -What way does it compare to when the Jets are in New England, similar or do the Pats travel much better there?
    -How are you treated there and compared to a Jets fans in New England?

2) Do the Patriots bring the most of any club?
    -If not is it close, and who does?

3) When the Patriots are at the Jets, is it similar to when the Red Sox are at the Yankees, a lot of fans for the Pats there?

Whenever I see the Pats at the Jets on TV, while the Pats have some fans in New York, they never seem to have as much I would think.
    I would assume they would have hordes of fans at the Jets because not only are the Jets normally medicore and them being the number two club in the tri state region, but it doesn't make sense.
    The Red Sox have many fans at Yankee Stadium, home of the Yankees who are much more popular than the Jets, a big reason for this is Yankee Stadium being a lot bigger than Fenway and New York being far and away the closest city to Boston for road trips.
    The same holds true in football, Meadowlands is bigger than New England's razor AND it is also the closest.
    Furthermore, the Patriots as I said have a solid following southern New England in Fairfield County, well in the tri state region a mere sixty miles from New York.
    It is closer for those fans to go to a game in New York than in New England, I would have expected the stands to reflect this, which leads me to ask, why aren't football games swamped with New England fans?
    Usually a strongly followed team has a lot of fans on the road especially at nearby rivals, the way the Pats seem to lack in New York leads me to wonder if they really are way behind the Red Sox and baseball.
    Is there any reason why?

Thanks.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoffa
    I'm curious

1) For those who have been before to see the Patriots at the Jets
    -Do they normally have a lot of fans at the Meadowlands?
    -How many, what percent, is the usual amount?
    -Has this increased recently or do they always travel well?
    -What way does it compare to when the Jets are in New England, similar or do the Pats travel much better there?
    -How are you treated there and compared to a Jets fans in New England?

2) Do the Patriots bring the most of any club?
    -If not is it close, and who does?

3) When the Patriots are at the Jets, is it similar to when the Red Sox are at the Yankees, a lot of fans for the Pats there?

Whenever I see the Pats at the Jets on TV, while the Pats have some fans in New York, they never seem to have as much I would think.
    I would assume they would have hordes of fans at the Jets because not only are the Jets normally medicore and them being the number two club in the tri state region, but it doesn't make sense.
    The Red Sox have many fans at Yankee Stadium, home of the Yankees who are much more popular than the Jets, a big reason for this is Yankee Stadium being a lot bigger than Fenway and New York being far and away the closest city to Boston for road trips.
    The same holds true in football, Meadowlands is bigger than New England's razor AND it is also the closest.
    Furthermore, the Patriots as I said have a solid following southern New England in Fairfield County, well in the tri state region a mere sixty miles from New York.
    It is closer for those fans to go to a game in New York than in New England, I would have expected the stands to reflect this, which leads me to ask, why aren't football games swamped with New England fans?
    Usually a strongly followed team has a lot of fans on the road especially at nearby rivals, the way the Pats seem to lack in New York leads me to wonder if they really are way behind the Red Sox and baseball.
    Is there any reason why?

Thanks.
    Do not expect to see many NE fans. Southern NE is still strongly a Giants base. Not a very long standing rivalry( see Miami)

All League
    I was at the Jets opening day disaster in 2002. It was a day the Pats romped, and the 2-0 Pats, just coming off their dramatic Superbowl win the season before, and a dramatic opening win against the Steelers, looked like they were unbeatable. Unfortunately, 2 games later the wheels came off and they struggled to a 9-7 season. The only season in the Brady era when they did not make the playoffs. I still don't forgive the Jets for allowing us to sign FA Steve Martin. Not the only bad FA signing in the BB era, but certainly the worst

I think there where about a thousand Pats fans at the game. I know because it was a rain day, and the Pats were up big by the end of the first half. By the end of the game, the only people in the stands were all wearing blue, and I estimate there was about a thousand of us.

I don't think you get the same travel crowds as the Sox do vs the Yankees, is because of the lack of tickets to a Jets game, vs the large number so seats available for the Yankees. You see fewer Yankee fans in Boston because the stadium is so much smaller and fewer tickets are available. Just more seats at Yankee stadium.

CLearly I had a great time that day, and Jet fans were combative, but fun. Maybe they couldn't be too obnoxious because I wasn't and the Jets were getting killed.

I'm pretty sure the number of Jet fans in NE are about the same as NE fans in NJ. I wouldn't know because I rarely get a chance to see a game at home. Maybe a Jet fan can fix me up.
    Last edited by patsfanken; 09-06-2007 at 01:11 PM.

Banned
    I remember when I went to the Jets-Patriots game when I was younger in 98 @ Foxboro, I think it was week 7 or 8... Put it this way, I was 12 or 13, I had my C.Martin jersey on... And I was called names that I never heard before...

What made it great was that we won 24-14 and C.Martin rushed for over 100 yards I believe. I dont know who did it... But someone stole my damn Jets hat right off my head when we were leaving the game. Priceless.

I also remember when I went to the Jets Bucs game here in Tampa in 2000, great game... I had my W.Chrebet jersey on, and I seen ALOT, and I mean ALOT of Jet fans that game, I loved it. Funny thing is, not even one fan said anything to me or my older bro about being Jet fans, before or after the game. One fan even said GG... Not really die hard fans in my eyes if you ask me.

Now if you ever wanna see something funny... Just go to a Yankees-Devil Rays game at the Trop... Talk about more fans from the Yankees than D-Rays, and you can actually hear the Yankee fans being loud... Gotta love it.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaBayJetsFan
    I remember when I went to the Jets-Patriots game when I was younger in 98 @ Foxboro, I think it was week 7 or 8... Put it this way, I was 12 or 13, I had my C.Martin jersey on... And I was called names that I never heard before...

What made it great was that we won 24-14 and C.Martin rushed for over 100 yards I believe. I dont know who did it... But someone stole my damn Jets hat right off my head when we were leaving the game. Priceless.

I also remember when I went to the Jets Bucs game here in Tampa in 2000, great game... I had my W.Chrebet jersey on, and I seen ALOT, and I mean ALOT of Jet fans that game, I loved it. Funny thing is, not even one fan said anything to me or my older bro about being Jet fans, before or after the game. One fan even said GG... Not really die hard fans in my eyes if you ask me.

Now if you ever wanna see something funny... Just go to a Yankees-Devil Rays game at the Trop... Talk about more fans from the Yankees than D-Rays, and you can actually hear the Yankee fans being loud... Gotta love it.
    I can sympathize. Prior to Kraft buying the team Foxboro Stadium, or what ever they called it, was NOT a fit place to bring women and children. Since then its a great place. Kraft has a NO tolerance policy on bad behavior. Its so tough that if you give your tickets to someone and THEY screw up...you lose the tickets.

BTW- The Sox get the same reaction when they travel, even out to west coast. I'm sure the Yankees get the same. In fact the only reason I can think that there IS a franchise in Tampa is to make it convenient for Sox and Yankee fans to see their teams 19 times a year.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken
    I was at the Jets opening day disaster in 2002. It was a day the Pats romped, and the 2-0 Pats, just coming off their dramatic Superbowl win the season before, and a dramatic opening win against the Steelers, looked like they were unbeatable. Unfortunately, 2 games later the wheels came off and they struggled to a 9-7 season. The only season in the Brady era when they did not make the playoffs. I still don't forgive the Jets for allowing us to sign FA Steve Martin. Not the only bad FA signing in the BB era, but certainly the worst

I think there where about a thousand Pats fans at the game. I know because it was a rain day, and the Pats were up big by the end of the first half. By the end of the game, the only people in the stands were all wearing blue, and I estimate there was about a thousand of us.

I don't think you get the same travel crowds as the Sox do vs the Yankees, is because of the lack of tickets to a Jets game, vs the large number so seats available for the Yankees. You see fewer Yankee fans in Boston because the stadium is so much smaller and fewer tickets are available. Just more seats at Yankee stadium.

CLearly I had a great time that day, and Jet fans were combative, but fun. Maybe they couldn't be too obnoxious because I wasn't and the Jets were getting killed.

I'm pretty sure the number of Jet fans in NE are about the same as NE fans in NJ. I wouldn't know because I rarely get a chance to see a game at home. Maybe a Jet fan can fix me up.
    Ah yes, that day was a complete disaster.

Bitonti left me at the Meadowlands with no ride and the aforementioned rain.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al NYC
    Ah yes, that day was a complete disaster.

Bitonti left me at the Meadowlands with no ride and the aforementioned rain.
    wah wah jeez al hold a grudge much?

put it another way, if i didn't leave you at the meadowlands i wouldn't be me

don't blame the snake when he bites

Waterboy
    Last year there were 3 or 4 small groups of pats fans in my section. They were being a little obnoxious until we started the comeback. I do see pats fans at the pats games, but its not noticeably packed with them. However each one of them agitates me 10x the amount of the average interdivisional fan.

Charter JI Member
    I remember a few seasons back a Pats fan either stabbed someone or got stabbed...other than that not out of the ordinary.

There are enough Patriot fans there to irritate me, especially when we're losing.. Does any one remember the home game, it was forever ago, we beat them something like 51-7?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoffa
    Is there any reason why?

Thanks.
    It’s really not that hard to understand. The Red Sox fan base is much, much larger than the Patriots’. The Patriots franchise is huge in New England (although there are still a few giants hold outs from the old days). The Red Sox fan base is huge both in New England AND around the country.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by biffman
    It’s really not that hard to understand. The Red Sox fan base is much, much larger than the Patriots’. The Patriots franchise is huge in New England (although there are still a few giants hold outs from the old days). The Red Sox fan base is huge both in New England AND around the country.
    Why would it just be mainly NE? Wouldnt all football fans from Mass be Patriot fans?

Rookie
    Why would it just be mainly NE? Wouldnt all football fans from Mass be Patriot fans?
    Mass is in NE

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NYjets84
    Mass is in NE
    See what you learn here!

All League

I live in the Tampa area and I always go to the game when the Yanks are in town and I tell u it gives me laughs at how there r more yanks fans then rays fans.

When I went to the game in Miami, after the game was over and we won I was walkin out and there were a whole bunch of Jets fans and we were all cheerin and high fivin each other and sayin PLAYOFFS!!!!!!

I am going on Sunday. The year the Pats won their first of three i went to see the jets lose in a close game. There was a pats fan behind me who would not shut up. several time some big jets fans gave him a visit, unfortunatly alot of people where throwing stuff at him and we got a little messy because of it. In all he deserved it.

Banned

geography lesson

New England consists of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island...

Maine, NH, Mass, Eastern Vermont, Rhode Island and Northern Conn are Patriots Fanbase.

Southern Conn is Giants Territory and western vermont is Bills territory.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by dfresh
    New England consists of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island...

Maine, NH, Mass, Eastern Vermont, Rhode Island and Northern Conn are Patriots Fanbase.

Southern Conn is Giants Territory and western vermont is Bills territory.

southern connecticut has its fair share of jet fans...

I went opening day 1999
    Vinny tears his achilles, Tom Tupa starts wobbly but settles down for the 2nd and 3rd quarter, Keyshawn has a great game against Ty Law and then we outsmarted ourselves and benched Tom Tupa for a guy who could not read defenses

Rick Mirer

We needed a 3rd down conversion to pretty much run out the clock and he throws into double coverage. Pats drive down the field. We almost pulled that one out of the fire but for Rick Mirer.

When we went to Oakland in 2003 and Mirer was starting for the Raiders, I knew we could win if he had to pass. It took until overtime but a Jets win is a Jets win

Veteran
    This will be my 5th consecutive Jets -vs- Pats game at the Meadowlands. Love the experiences that I've had (not the outcome's ) There are Patsie fans there, but Gang Green is in full effect in the stadium! I'm NOT proud of it, but I actually have brought Patsie fans down from RI with me. Maybe THIS TIME the long ride home will be much better for me!!! Go Jets!!