Thread: Jet Fans at game = no class

Practice Squad

Jet Fans at game = no class

I don't post much but today I feel compelled to offer an opinion... I'll sum it up for you:

Defense = embarrasing... Couldn't stop the run, couldn't rush the passer. Hard to watch.

Special teams = bad.

Offense = Ok once they settled down and whenever they could get on the field.

Offensive line = horrible. What a dumb a## move to trade Kendell.

Jets Fans = No class... For cheering when Chad went out with an injury.

The ONLY players who played well today was Chad and Coles... Chad had no running game, no protection, was sacked like 5 times, hurt his ankle, and still managed to move the team. All you guys who think chad is the problem, do you see now?

What do you think Chad would have done if he had all day in the pocket like Brady? I saw Brady throw it away a couple times when no defender was near him!! It's like HE couldn't believe he was that alone!

Hall Of Fame
    This game showed the weaknesses of the Jets. OL is bad; Defense couldn't stop the run.

QB is not the problem on this team.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    This game showed the weaknesses of the Jets. OL is bad; Defense couldn't stop the run.

QB is not the problem on this team.
    Pennington handcuffs this team but QB is not the problem.. Defense is so so so soft.

All League
    I agree. completely embarrassed at the way the stadium responded to the Chad injury. Deplorable. For all those who cheered, and you know who you are, get a life. Your slanted views on reality are a joke and you should seek professional help. seriously.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ten-not-done
    I don't post much but today I feel compelled to offer an opinion... I'll sum it up for you:

Defense = embarrasing... Couldn't stop the run, couldn't rush the passer. Hard to watch.

Special teams = bad.

The ONLY players who played well today was Chad and Coles... Chad had no running game, no protection, was sacked like 5 times, hurt his ankle, and still managed to move the team. All you guys who think chad is the problem, do you see now?

What do you think Chad would have done if he had all day in the pocket like Brady? I saw Brady throw it away a couple times when no defender was near him!! It's like HE couldn't believe he was that alone!

I gotta agree with you - I cringed when a few people applaused His injury - But welcome to the NFL. This is what happens with a fan base that has been demoralized and embarrased too many times at "Home". The expectations as well as the type of game (first game-against Pats etc etc) and a really Hot and humid day fueled by alot of tailgating was not going to create an atmosphere of 60's type group love. This was not Chad's fault - all the blame goes to the coach......

Practice Squad

Special teams = bad.

Put Revis in the 'played well' ctegory. Compared to 'cushion-man' Barrett, Revis stuck to his man like glue, so refreshing to see. Revis is gonna be a STUD.

Practice Squad
    Come to think of it, the CS deserve a lot of the blame. You have grown man going up against grown man... for us to look that bad has to be gameplan related. How could their players be THAT much stronger than ours?

Mangine better pull his head out.

Hall Of Fame

Special teams = bad.

well said! I agree!

All League
    They didn't cheer when Chad went down they cheered when Clemens went in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Fragger
    They didn't cheer when Chad went down they cheered when Clemens went in.
    Dont minimize this, I watched it again and again, they cheered when he went down, thats the bottom line... you cant deny the replay!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimejet
    Dont minimize this, I watched it again and again, they cheered when he went down, thats the bottom line... you cant deny the replay!!!

Phil Simms picked up on this immediately.....I think he would have a good idea what the fans were cheering for....

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimejet

You may have watched it on tv, but I was actually there. Nobody cheered Pennington rolling on the ground in agony, at least where I was sitting.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetmart
    Put Revis in the 'played well' ctegory. Compared to 'cushion-man' Barrett, Revis stuck to his man like glue, so refreshing to see. Revis is gonna be a STUD.
    Honestly, was there a single big pass play today that wasn't somehow Barrett's fault? We need Dyson (and and to a lesser extent Miller) to get healthy.

Banned
    they absolutely cheered when chad went down...he is the least of our problems.

must be nice to be brady and be able to polish your cleats while our god awful pass rush is attempting to get to you.

problem number 1: o-line

problem number 2: d-line (specificlaly robertson. we cant get out of that contract quick enough)

watch any other game today (for those of you who are lucky to have direc tv sunday ticket) and you will see that any team who has a large 350 pounder in the middle of the 3-4 has a lot more success.

does anyone else here think tank johnson might not be a bad idea?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    You may have watched it on tv, but I was actually there. Nobody cheered Pennington rolling on the ground in agony, at least where I was sitting.

Exactly the people that were actually there know what it was.