Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 61

Thread: D'Bustashaw Ferguson

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,096

    D'Bustashaw Ferguson

    Ham made a good point how everyone here is afraid to admit out # 4 pick is soft and dare I say, a bust. I was obviously willing to give the rook the benefit of the doubt last year; he played well at times and poorly at other times but I can take inconsistency from the rookie. But if the pre-saeson and week 1 are any indication of hw he has progressed and what kind of season he'll have, we are in trouble. He really looks soft and weak out there and gets overpowered very easily. I don't think he is using his feet well either. I use the "bust" term very lightly b/c it is still early in his career but he really has to show improvement and consistency soon.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    36,218
    He was the #4 overall pick just two short April's ago. Give the guy a chance to block for a real QB who can throw the ball more than 10 yards on a rope, okay?



    SAR I

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22,031
    As I said in another thread, one of my biggest disappointments about him this year is that he obviously needed to put on about 20-30 pounds at least from last year and he looks as lean if not leaner than last year.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bethel, CT
    Posts
    11,242
    d'bust is a huge concern right now. i gave him a pass vs the vikes, figured he was woozy from being decleated, and its just pre-season. The Giants have a very tough d-line, I didn't panic.

    But this is a trend fellas, the league looked at film of him over the summer, and they figured him out.

    We will need to give him help all year.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,675
    Stop drafting #4 overall picks with D' before their name.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,953
    who's afraid? but its too early. let the year pan out first.

  7. #7
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    410
    SAR YOU ARE RIGHT!!.. its chads fault d'brick sucks, i mean i know they had 3 line men rushing the passer and got to the qb, i know we avg -1 yrds per rush on 1st down...as soon as we get rid of chad are problems will be resolved and every one will be playing at a pro caliber level .. fkn chad its all his fault...you my friend are a whack job...i bet you have the fancy seats..the real expensive ones. were no jet fans are drunk and you get served champagne and caviar...i wish I were you sometimes ...so i could kill my self!!

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,483
    Agreed; I was done on the pick for the very beginning because he was never considered in the class of the Ogdens, Paces or Bosellis. Those are the only class of lineman that should be taken that high IMHO.

    Based on our needs we should traded down if possible and taken the big Nose Tackle or stayed where were and taken Cutler (I didn't care for Leinart).

    In fact I liked McNeil better than Ferguson at the time because he was closer to being a dominating OT like the aforementioned players. The only question on him was his health, both short and long term. He was worth the gamble in the second round.

    It is funny how things work out but this regime is going to look really bad if Ferguson and Clemens fail to become franchise caliber players (I believe Clemens will).

    They could have had Both Cutler and McNeil along with Mangold.

  9. #9
    he was taken to school by a back up DE. we were catching a break because the all-pro show starts is on the PUP list! He's constantly pushed around on running plays. It looks grim....

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    36,218
    Quote Originally Posted by GEVREKS
    SAR YOU ARE RIGHT!!.. its chads fault d'brick sucks, i mean i know they had 3 line men rushing the passer and got to the qb, i know we avg -1 yrds per rush on 1st down...as soon as we get rid of chad are problems will be resolved and every one will be playing at a pro caliber level .. fkn chad its all his fault...you my friend are a whack job...i bet you have the fancy seats..the real expensive ones. were no jet fans are drunk and you get served champagne and caviar...i wish I were you sometimes ...so i could kill my self!!
    When a defense faces a QB that can't throw more than 10 yards downfield, they send 9 men in, they keep 2 men back, they suffocate the run, they break down the OL in seconds, and they give the QB no time to throw a his 10 yard balloon.

    A rifle-armed QB keeps the LB's and the safeties honest. Drops them back into coverage. Not so with Chad.

    10 yards is the distance between your kitchen table and your refrigerator. Put 22 men in your kitchen and see what happens first; a completed pass or a sack.

    Pennington is crippling the entire functionality of the offense. Can't run, can't pass, can't protect. That's why Shottenheimer has to run gadget plays like our first TD. Running a hurry up offense on the 1 yard line. Pathetic.



    SAR I

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,740
    Yep, D-BUSTs on both sides of the ball!!!

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,096
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    When a defense faces a QB that can't throw more than 10 yards downfield, they send 9 men in, they keep 2 men back, they suffocate the run, they break down the OL in seconds, and they give the QB no time to throw a his 10 yard balloon.

    A rifle-armed QB keeps the LB's and the safeties honest. Drops them back into coverage. Not so with Chad.

    10 yards is the distance between your kitchen table and your refrigerator. Put 22 men in your kitchen and see what happens first; a completed pass or a sack.

    Pennington is crippling the entire functionality of the offense. Can't run, can't pass, can't protect. That's why Shottenheimer has to run gadget plays like our first TD. Running a hurry up offense on the 1 yard line. Pathetic.



    SAR I
    I do think Sar has a point and at times, it seems Brick's problems are the fact that he doesn't know who to block b/c 2 or 3 guys are coming at him (that comes w/ experience). Defenses are willing to risk give up short stuff. We have to devise schemes to break this blitz b/c teams will keep doing it.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    3,320
    He isn't playing well, but the Jets removed a key piece of the o-line right before the season. Don't downplay how that affects the entire line. I've heard linemen say that it takes a few years for a good line to truly gel.

    That said, anyone who's looking at anything besides the defense today is just wasting time. It's the same mistake Mangini-baum made in the offseason and that is why we saw a repeat of the playoff game in terms of no pressure on Brady. Talk till your blue in the face about Chad, Ferguson, Adrien Clarke, whoever. Every time Tom Brady took the field yesterday it was game over. Let's address that one first.

  14. #14
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL by way of Brentwood, New York.
    Posts
    312
    Who's that girl?

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    3,320
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    When a defense faces a QB that can't throw more than 10 yards downfield, they send 9 men in, they keep 2 men back, they suffocate the run, they break down the OL in seconds, and they give the QB no time to throw a his 10 yard balloon.

    A rifle-armed QB keeps the LB's and the safeties honest. Drops them back into coverage. Not so with Chad.

    10 yards is the distance between your kitchen table and your refrigerator. Put 22 men in your kitchen and see what happens first; a completed pass or a sack.

    Pennington is crippling the entire functionality of the offense. Can't run, can't pass, can't protect. That's why Shottenheimer has to run gadget plays like our first TD. Running a hurry up offense on the 1 yard line. Pathetic.



    SAR I

    Boy, that's just solid analysis. It's Chad's fault that he isn't protected well... brilliant! Don't forget how a weak-armed QB affects the FG kicker too. Nugent's morale would be much higher with a vintage 1992 Vinny Testaverde directing the offense, and therefore would be much more accurate on kicks. I also blame Chad for all those 70 yard drives Brady put on our defense. If only Chad could throw hard enough to hit Randy Moss in the head and knock him out during warmups. Then Brady still might not have found an open receiver after 15 seconds in the pocket, and Kenyon Coleman might have finally got there. Nothing Kellen Clemens can't fix.

    Our dumb fan base and dumb front office always focusing on what ISN'T the real problem is why the Jets are 40 years without a championship. Call Dan Marino and ask him why he couldn't stop the run or rush the passer for all those years. Call John Elway and ask him why it took 15 years to win a championship. If only their arms were just a teeny bit stronger. Amazing...

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,753
    D'Brickashaw Ferguson has feet like Reggie Bush and a wingspan like the Brooklyn Bridge. It gets lost sometimes how truly freakish an athlete he is and how vital these attributes are for a blindside tackle. Sure, the strength is an issue, but it's correctable and can be mitigated through leverage and technique, and because the kid is smart and coachable, there's every reason to expect that it will be.

    But Something Is Amiss. Unsteady play next to him and opposing teams throwing the kitchen sink at him certainly haven't helped matters, but these things can and should be transcended. The problem here, I suspect, is the same as it always is when a player so drastically underperforms his ability. He just plain doesn't seem to give a ****, and that's a problem that is nearly impossible to fix.

  17. #17
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    6,453
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    He was the #4 overall pick just two short April's ago. Give the guy a chance to block for a real QB who can throw the ball more than 10 yards on a rope, okay?



    SAR I

    STFU !!!! damn you are more annoying then Tx

    if he can't block for short passes, how will he for longer ones?

    and your boy Clemens looked real good yesterday...

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,496
    Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus
    he was taken to school by a back up DE. we were catching a break because the all-pro show starts is on the PUP list! He's constantly pushed around on running plays. It looks grim....
    J. Green is NOT just some run of the mill backup DE. He would be a starter anywhere else and will be on that Pats team soon enough.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon
    Boy, that's just solid analysis. It's Chad's fault that he isn't protected well... brilliant! Don't forget how a weak-armed QB affects the FG kicker too. Nugent's morale would be much higher with a vintage 1992 Vinny Testaverde directing the offense, and therefore would be much more accurate on kicks. I also blame Chad for all those 70 yard drives Brady put on our defense. If only Chad could throw hard enough to hit Randy Moss in the head and knock him out during warmups. Then Brady still might not have found an open receiver after 15 seconds in the pocket, and Kenyon Coleman might have finally got there. Nothing Kellen Clemens can't fix.

    Our dumb fan base and dumb front office always focusing on what ISN'T the real problem is why the Jets are 40 years without a championship. Call Dan Marino and ask him why he couldn't stop the run or rush the passer for all those years. Call John Elway and ask him why it took 15 years to win a championship. If only their arms were just a teeny bit stronger. Amazing...
    good points toon

  20. #20
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    410
    listen i know sar knows better , i just think he is egocentric he just likes to see how many people will overreact with the nonsense he types..very simple sar...if you cant run the ball, you cant pass the ball deep...when you have a 3 man rush getting to your QB then you have additional problems getting the ball to your receivers because they are more men covering the receivers..i know this is not quant math and might be below you, but its easy to correlate bad o-line that cant open wholes = more defensive players covering your receivers and zero chance of play action....but its all chads fault...he is the devil and the funny this is that marcus mcneil was a second round pick and is a beast...you should do stand up, cause all your posts are a joke!@!!
    Last edited by GEVREKS; 09-10-2007 at 01:00 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us