Thread: Respect Chad but he never will be the answer

Waterboy

Respect Chad but he never will be the answer

Chad has been a great team player and wants to win as badly as anyone but he has never gotten it done against good teams. This team can win 8 or 9 games with him if the rest of the team is good but can't win any big games with him. We need to find out if Clemens is the answer or its time to rebuild. Actually the way we played yesterday even if he is the answer we may need to rebuild.

If I had to choose between upgrading the QB vs upgrading the o-line, I'd take the o-line upgrade.

P.S. Our defense sucks.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse
    Chad has been a great team player and wants to win as badly as anyone but he has never gotten it done against good teams. This team can win 8 or 9 games with him if the rest of the team is good but can't win any big games with him. We need to find out if Clemens is the answer or its time to rebuild. Actually the way we played yesterday even if he is the answer we may need to rebuild.
    he beat NE in NE last year. He beat SD in SD during the POs. he beat Miami in miami and Ny, i mean NJ, last year. those aren't good defenses?

hmmm?

All Pro
    It's hard to articulate. Obviously I'm not happy Chad got injured and I still think he gives the team the best chance at winning THIS year, but he's not the future of the franchise and we do eventually have to find out what Clemens can do.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider
    It's hard to articulate. Obviously I'm not happy Chad got injured and I still think he gives the team the best chance at winning THIS year, but he's not the future of the franchise and we do eventually have to find out what Clemens can do.
    the answer is clear then GGI

my crystal ball tells me to make a choice and go with it.

respect Chad. trade him to the Bears. let him win the SB there (they'd be a shoe-in to get there). cheer for him the whole way.

but move on with what we can get, and give the keys to Kellen.

Waterboy
    the best you can do is he beat the crappy dolphins last year twice WOW.

the biggest game he ever won was the San Diego playoff game

All Pro
    He doesn't cost that much and he's a good guy to have if Clemens falters.

Like I said in another thread, Pennington's a prototypical back-up QB- a physically-limited game-manager who knows the system and usually gives his team a chance to win.

If Clemens goes bonkers in this little stretch, trading Pennington to the Falcons or Bears for a first day pick or a guard would be smart.

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonio_JetFan
    If I had to choose between upgrading the QB vs upgrading the o-line, I'd take the o-line upgrade.

P.S. Our defense sucks.
    QFT.

We CAN win with Chad...it just won't be as exciting (BS anyway) as it would be with someone younger and more talented.

As long as your QB is efficient..D-line and O-line are way more important.