View Poll Results: Who Do You Want To Start Against The Ravens?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chad Pennington

74 56.92%
  • Kellen Clemens

56 43.08%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Do You Want To Start Against The Ravens?

Hall Of Fame

Who Do You Want To Start Against The Ravens?

Simple question who do you want to start against the Ravens Penny or Clemens?

Poll coming

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick
    Simple question who do you want to start against the Ravens Penny or Clemens?

Poll coming
    Pennington. I personally don't believe clemens is ready (another year of sitting and learning couldn't hurt). Plus, to throw him in against the Ravens is just plain wrong (kinda like how Penny was cheered when injured yesterday. Sorry, I still can't get over that).

All League
    no question, if pennington is healthy he should play and i would want him to

All League
    Clemens...we need to know what we can get out of him by the end of this season, and we might as well start learning now...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSFAN_viaAZ
    Pennington. I personally don't believe clemens is ready (another year of sitting and learning couldn't hurt). Plus, to throw him in against the Ravens is just plain wrong (kinda like how Penny was cheered when injured yesterday. Sorry, I still can't get over that).
    This has nothing to do with the booing on non booing issue.

I want to see what Clemens can do plain and simple, he either can play or he can't it's time to find out.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Whomever gives us the best chance to win.

And that will be Kellen Clemens.

Hurt, limpy Chad vs. Green Inexperienced Kellen. Not a great choice really.....

Banned
    Kc11.

All Pro
    Pennington.

Clemens has shown me absolutely NOTHING. I could care less about what he does in the preseason against backups and third stringers. EVERY time he is out there against NFL starting defenses he looks lost, scared, and indecisive. Clemens is simply not on the same level as Chad, and it doesn't look like he will reach that level any time soon.

I actually want to win on Sunday. If Pennington is healthy enough to play, he will start.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish
    Hurt, limpy Chad vs. Green Inexperienced Kellen. Not a great choice really.....
    Very true, but Mangini made his feelings clear when he put Pennington back out there against the Pats.

At this point,

Injured Pennington > Healthy Clemens

Hall Of Fame
    I'd prefer not to throw Clemens to the wolves against the Ravens, but if given the choice between a limping Pennington and a healthy Clemens. I'd have to go with Clemens as he'd probably give us the better chance.

If Pennington is fully healthy (Which seems doubtful), I'd probably lean towards him so you can ease in the kid.

Practice Squad
    This has nothing to do with the booing on non booing issue.

I want to see what Clemens can do plain and simple, he either can play or he can't it's time to find out.
    I didn't say it had anything to do with the booing. I said I don't think he should be thrown at the Ravens with his first start.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly
    Pennington.

Clemens has shown me absolutely NOTHING. I could care less about what he does in the preseason against backups and third stringers. EVERY time he is out there against NFL starting defenses he looks lost, scared, and indecisive. Clemens is simply not on the same level as Chad, and it doesn't look like he will reach that level any time soon.

I actually want to win on Sunday. If Pennington is healthy enough to play, he will start.
    I would rather see what Clemens does when he gets to start and practice as the starter all week not just come out for a few plays after the game has already ****ed. I would like to win a SB not just a few games a year. If Clemens is not the answer it's time to draft a first round QB and stop ****ing around.

Hall Of Fame
    Pennington.

When has he gotten the chance to play against Starters Full Time? A handful of snaps yesterday and a handful of snaps last season means nothing. That's about the equivilant of ripping Alex Rodriguez if he goes 0-4 today, the sample size is so small that it's meaningless. Until he gets extended time to play (And I mean more then 1 or 2 games) that arguement is completely irrelevant.

Hall Of Fame
    Very true, but Mangini made his feelings clear when he put Pennington back out there against the Pats.

At this point,

Injured Pennington > Healthy Clemens
    If that is true the FO should have drafted a QB.

All Pro
    I would rather see what Clemens does when he gets to start and practice as the starter all week not just come out for a few plays after the game has already ****ed. I would like to win a SB not just a few games a year. If Clemens is not the answer it's time to draft a first round QB and stop ****ing around.
    The NFL is a win now league. You are viewing the decision from a fan's perspective. Mangini gets to see what Clemens is capable of day in and day out. He doesn't need to throw him out there to see what he can do, that's just what the fans want/need because they don't see him play everyday. If Clemens is not the answer, Mangini already knows.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Pennington gives us the best chance to win right now. But if the team is 1-4, 1-5 its time to see what the kid has.

Keep Chad in until the season starts to fall apart..I'm not ready at 0-1 to pull the trigger.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m
    When has he gotten the chance to play against Starters Full Time? A handful of snaps yesterday and a handful of snaps last season means nothing. That's about the equivilant of ripping Alex Rodriguez if he goes 0-4 today, the sample size is so small that it's meaningless. Until he gets extended time to play (And I mean more then 1 or 2 games) that arguement is completely irrelevant.
    Of course it means nothing to you because he sucked. If he played lights out instead, it would have meant the world to you.

I understand your overall point, but let's not ignore the fact that Clemens had an opportunity to show something yesterday. Not only was it not good enough, it was downright horrendous. He simply looks lost out there.

Whoever can run the fastest, because he'll need to.

All Pro
    With a hurt chad and this oline, this is Clemens' chance to shine.
    I see Clemens playing this week and doing ok.
    but Chad will be ready for the Dolphins and we will stomp them at home with Chad.

All Pro
    If that is true the FO should have drafted a QB.
    They should have done alot of things differently, and QB is far down the list of priorities. We are SOFT on both sides of the line. You can't win football games if you get dominated in the trenches every single play.