Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: J. Clayton Says Boeller will Start this Weekend

  1. #1

    J. Clayton Says Boeller will Start this Weekend

    Clayton says McNair and Ogden are most likely out this weekend. Lewis 50/50

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Albany, New York
    Posts
    2,436
    Boller vs. Clemens?

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    18,661
    This is an extremely winnable game for us, in fact if we dont win, I'll be very surprised and it will say alot about our team

    I think we win by double digits

  4. #4
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,458
    The under is a lock. Bet the house.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    6,016
    Oh come on. Now we have to win. Damnit.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,107
    This is great news for us! They're offense is shot and after the emotionally draining game they played last night, if Ray Lewis isn't there to pump up the defense they could come out and not play well on D.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,233
    They still have MaGahee and the #1 Defense. And home field advantage.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    6,016
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    They still have MaGahee and the #1 Defense. And home field advantage.
    I wonder if it is McGahee or just Buffalo rb's that kill us. Anyone have the stats on what Travis Henry did last year against us?

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Valley Stream, N.Y.
    Posts
    2,969
    Wasn't Boller under center a couple of years ago, the last time the Jets went to Balt. and we had to go with Bollinger?

    What I remember about that game is that Herm and Hackett refused to let Bolly try and win the game and just had him hand off. Turned out to be a low-scoring game (10-3?) that the Jets could have won with just a little creativity from the sidelines.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    3,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green
    This is an extremely winnable game for us, in fact if we dont win, I'll be very surprised and it will say alot about our team

    I think we win by double digits

    I don't care if it's Kyle Boeller or an actual Bowler, if we give the QB 10 seconds to throw on every play, we have no shot. Period.

  11. #11
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,458
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFranchise
    I wonder if it is McGahee or just Buffalo rb's that kill us. Anyone have the stats on what Travis Henry did last year against us?
    Why Travis Henry?

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Albany, New York
    Posts
    2,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon
    I don't care if it's Kyle Boeller or an actual Bowler, if we give the QB 10 seconds to throw on every play, we have no shot. Period.
    Without Ogden hopefully he won't have 10 seconds.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,971
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    They still have MaGahee and the #1 Defense. And home field advantage.
    those are some big advantages to over come especially after the way we played. i think we will play better and can win this game b/c of said injuries

  14. #14
    Boller has a really strong arm, so they are a lock.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,971
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonio_JetFan
    Boller has a really strong arm, so they are a lock.
    i though intangibles won games?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313
    i though intangibles won games?

    No, it's all about arm strength. Boller threw a 70 mph fastball to Todd Heap. You saw how that turned out.


    I've actually heard that Boller can take a knee at the 50 yard line and throw it through the uprights. How many points is that worth?

  17. #17
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    242
    Finally some good news...I'll take the under on that game.

  18. #18
    I can not remember ever beating the Ravens. In fact, the 3 losses I can recall are all quite painful.

    The most recent loss was with Bolly, where we could do absolutely nothing.

    A few years ago, we had the game well in hand -- in field goal range with a lead as the half was expring when Lamont threw a half-back pass which was promptly interceped by Ed Reed in the endzone and returned to the NYJ 1 yard line. The Ravens scored and their momentum carried into the 2d half.

    The 3rd was during Al Groh's year as head coach. We oputplayed the Ravens in all respects. Except Vinny threw several interceptions (I believe one for a TD) and the Ravens returned a punt for a TD.

    So I don't care who the Ravens QB is, we've never performed well against them and that does not bode well. See e.g. the Eagles.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,928
    Quote Originally Posted by parkwayjet1
    Wasn't Boller under center a couple of years ago, the last time the Jets went to Balt. and we had to go with Bollinger?

    What I remember about that game is that Herm and Hackett refused to let Bolly try and win the game and just had him hand off. Turned out to be a low-scoring game (10-3?) that the Jets could have won with just a little creativity from the sidelines.

    Boller beat us at the Meadowlands..the day Lamont threw that wonderful halfback option

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green
    This is an extremely winnable game for us, in fact if we dont win, I'll be very surprised and it will say alot about our team

    I think we win by double digits
    True...anybody can handle an angry Ravens D at home...especially with Ray Lewis out. Only Suggs, Reed, Ngata, Gregg, Pryce, Scott, McCallister, and Rolle to deal with.

    At this point I think Boller's the best QB on the roster. Ravens fans had alot of good things to say about him after wanting to lynch him early in his career...and he's looked more confident and decisive whenever he's come in for McNair.

    This won't be an easy win.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 09-11-2007 at 04:45 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us