View Poll Results: What should the punishment be for the Pats and BB?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • BB suspended for 4 games and a 1M fine to the Pats organization

    19 21.35%
  • Forfeit of the 2008 and 2009 1st round draft picks

    60 67.42%
  • Heavy verbal assault and late round multiple draft pick forfeits

    7 7.87%
  • Hard "slap on the wrist" and stern warning with fine to the team

    3 3.37%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53

Thread: REALISTICALLY....what should the penalty be?

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,545

    REALISTICALLY....what should the penalty be?

    Ok, realistic answers only here.

    What should the penalty be for the Patriots and BB be? PLease just give a relaistic answer.

    M3

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    19,005
    Forfeit and Fine. I think a loss of picks is a bit extreme.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    816
    at least a first round pick lost. jets will get nothing, because the pats have cheated other teams too, looks like. forget all your dreams of having hte game forfeited - it complicated the fate of too many other teams.

    I say loss of a first rounder in 2008 and 2010. It's going to be a severe penalty. and this is NOT too severe for goodell.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,192
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby2glocks
    Forfeit and Fine. I think a loss of picks is a bit extreme.
    You think a forfeit is less extreme than a fine?

    I'd say a second or third rounder.

  5. #5
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,110
    They forfeit Sundays game, Belichick gets suspended for the season, and we're awarded one of New Englands 1st round picks.


    Come on Goodell, bring the hammer down on these thieving bastards!!!

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    93
    A 4th this year and a 5th next...and thats just for stupidity...they should do what the other teams do and just use binoculars.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    19,005
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob
    You think a forfeit is less extreme than a fine?

    I'd say a second or third rounder.
    Well i think a loss of picks is more extreme than a forfeit of the game. Thats why i think they should have to forfeit the game, and then be fined.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    They forfeit Sundays game, Belichick gets suspended for the season, and we're awarded one of New Englands 1st round picks.


    Come on Goodell, bring the hammer down on these thieving bastards!!!

    there is NO WAY there will be a forfeit or the jets will get whatever pick the patriots get....that's unfair to the rest of the AFC.

    Pats lose 2 first rounders a few years apart. IT's going to be a severe penalty that will impact the rest of the league in the most minimal way possible.

  9. #9
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,110
    Quote Originally Posted by BrookBarringer
    there is NO WAY there will be a forfeit or the jets will get whatever pick the patriots get....that's unfair to the rest of the AFC.

    Pats lose 2 first rounders a few years apart. IT's going to be a severe penalty that will impact the rest of the league in the most minimal way possible.
    F*ck that

    Our once promising season may now be shot with Chad going down against these dicks.

  10. #10
    One of the 1st and a second day pick. 250K fine. Just a guess.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Lake Worth,Fl
    Posts
    6,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    They forfeit Sundays game, Belichick gets suspended for the season, and we're awarded one of New Englands 1st round picks.


    Come on Goodell, bring the hammer down on these thieving bastards!!!
    I'm with you on 2 out the 3 UT-Buffboy-a Bills fan changed my mind about awarding us the picks-why should Miami and Buffalo be hurt by these despicible actions?
    Suspend Beli-cheat FOR THE SEASON and forfeit the win

  12. #12
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    706
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Boy®
    A 4th this year and a 5th next...and thats just for stupidity...they should do what the other teams do and just use binoculars.
    The pipes must be calling as you slowly but surely change your tune...priceless

  13. #13
    You can speculate about other games all you want but the evidence of cheating is all from this game. Therefore the Jets are the injured party, not the entire league and it would be reasonable to award them the patriots draft picks since you are punishing them for this instance of cheating not other incidents where you can only suspect them of it.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bethel, CT
    Posts
    11,242
    goodell's not ****ing around

    I bet he hammers them

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by nmac21
    The pipes must be calling as you slowly but surely change your tune...priceless
    No tune has changed...Ive been saying 2 2nd day draft picks...is a 4th and a 5th not a 2nd day pick?

  16. #16
    I think they forfeit and suspend BB for the season its either that or give up first round draft picks. Lets be honest I compare this to Barry Bonds No longer can you say BB is a hall of fame coach He must have been doing it for years now you have to question if the PAts really won those SBs or cheated.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,332
    Forfeit the game and suspend belichicken for 1 year plus a 10 million dollar fine.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,025
    Loss of multiple first rounders. Make sure this sh!t doesn't happen again.

  19. #19
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    706
    Bellichoke out for next 8 games...no contact with team etc...pats org fined 1mill...plus Kraft resposinble to pay full refund to every ticket holder at game and the forefeit of 08 frst rounder

    This whole ting makes me disgusted...and there should be no sympathy for an organizaton that has no concept of sportmanship

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Posts
    20,936
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankMoga
    Ok, realistic answers only here.

    What should the penalty be for the Patriots and BB be? PLease just give a relaistic answer.

    M3
    I really think BB suspension and heavy fines are the most realisitc.

    Forfeiting 1st round picks only hurts incoming players who will grade out lower..

    Forfeiting the game would be too messy, controversial and ground breaking for a new commish

    A hand slap is too light..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us