Thread: Clemens 1st Half versus Clemens 2nd Half

JetsInsider.com Legend

Clemens 1st Half versus Clemens 2nd Half

In the first half, he looked scared. He almost had like a "wind up" to his passes. He didn't play smart, and stared at his receivers so they could develop into their patters.

In the second half he got rid of the ball quicker. He made great decisions, and showed that he can hit the deep out and the post (Please reserve your McCareins must die comments for the appropriate thread). He was a much better QB in the second half. Clemens is also very strong.

In Oregon, he had a lot of comeback victories. He played very well in the 2nd half of games. I hope he continues to develop. He looked pretty good.

Thoughts?

Veteran
    Completely agree with you John, the guy grew up A LOT tonight.

In the first half I was scared that this was what he was gonna be, but he did a good job of showing us the QB that he can be in the 2nd.

I think that the things that he was doing wrong in the first half will correct themselves with the more experience that he gets.
    He definitely has all the physical tools!

Veteran
    Knoxville, TN, but originally from NW Mass.
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515
    In the first half, he looked scared. He almost had like a "wind up" to his passes. He didn't play smart, and stared at his receivers so they could develop into their patters.

In the second half he got rid of the ball quicker. He made great decisions, and showed that he can hit the deep out and the post (Please reserve your McCareins must die comments for the appropriate thread). He was a much better QB in the second half. Clemens is also very strong.

In Oregon, he had a lot of comeback victories. He played very well in the 2nd half of games. I hope he continues to develop. He looked pretty good.

Thoughts?

Good points, but again remember that the whole O did not start playing well until the Ravens were up 17. The Ravens were not as intense in the 4th quarter on offense or defense. They were pathetic and really let the Jets come back.

I'm encouraged, but we must temper this with the reality that the Ravens lost some intensity and could not turn it back on.

Chad's on a shorter leash, now, but he's still the QB here for the time being.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxJetFan
    Good points, but again remember that the whole O did not start playing well until the Ravens were up 17. The Ravens were not as intense in the 4th quarter on offense or defense. They were pathetic and really let the Jets come back.

I'm encouraged, but we must temper this with the reality that the Ravens lost some intensity and could not turn it back on.

Chad's on a shorter leash, now, but he's still the QB here for the time being.
    He still played the way he played. If not for a few plays, we're playing in OT.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by TDJETS10
    Completely agree with you John, the guy grew up A LOT tonight.

In the first half I was scared that this was what he was gonna be, but he did a good job of showing us the QB that he can be in the 2nd.

I think that the things that he was doing wrong in the first half will correct themselves with the more experience that he gets.
    He definitely has all the physical tools!
    He really has a cannon. This kid made throws that Chad could never. J Mac cost us this game, but I definately look at the positive with KC. He showed he had the guts to take hits and get up and move on. He did hold the ball WAY too long at times, but all his mistakes were mistakes that rookies QB's all make. The only cure for them is experience. Those last 2 drives his confidence in himself showed, as well as his toughness.