Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maybe Ferguson Can Play Guard??? Because He Sure As Heck Can't Play Tackle!!!

Banned

Maybe Ferguson Can Play Guard??? Because He Sure As Heck Can't Play Tackle!!!

So you have Mangold, who is gold!

Moore, who would probably be fine with good players around him?

Clement, a big fat slob!

Bender, a work in progress, we hope?

And then Ferguson, all finesse, and nothing else. That doesn't make for an OT.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyJet

Clement, a big fat slob!

Did you watched todays game? I don't think so. Because he had a very good game against one of the best D-Lines in the NFL!

Veteran
    Didnt you also say Clemens is a bust earlier jeffery?

Hall Of Fame

Clement, a big fat slob!

can we get an "ass-clown" smiley created so i can use it for this guy.....

All League
    Ferguson didn't allow a sack today

Veteran
    Wasnt it mostly Clement that was beaten up on today if i remember correctly?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    JeffreyJet is on his way towards Hall of Fame status.

you opinion of D'Bricks play aside, do you actually believe their is such a thing as a "finesse" guard?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56
    Ferguson didn't allow a sack today
    Actually, i seem to remember one play that he took the wrong guy, and forced a sack...It was in the first half, Lewis came off the edge, and so did the nickel corner...ferguson made his initial block, and moved over to help TJ block Lewis, when TJ was doing just fine against him, allowing a GIGANTIC hole for the corner to come through and make a play...

But other than that, he did look pretty good today.

Banned

I thought I saw Kellen getting his head handed to him in the first half...

and part of the second. I saw the pocket collapsing on Ferguson's side of the line a number of times. I don't know what you saw??? And he doesn't do much of anything to help the running game out.

And yes, I didn't think Kellen was any good, I admit that. What I saw today proves to me he has the arm strength and toughness to play in the NFL. Now we have to see if he has the smarts and poise, he very well may. And I'll be GLAD TO SAY I WAS WRONG!!!

Ferguson has had a whole season to get it together, and from what I see, he's only getting worse.

Banned

It was a joke, Ferguson playing guard, a JOKE!!! No, I don't think he can play guard

And from the looks of things, I don't think he's going to make much of a tackle. I think they'll have to move him to RT, then get another LT. That's the best they can do with him. He doens't have the body type to play LT.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    And from the looks of things, I don't think he's going to make much of a tackle. I think they'll have to move him to RT, then get another LT. That's the best they can do with him. He doens't have the body type to play LT.
    Actually he has the ideal type of body to play LT, it's RT that he'd never be able to play. The guy has the wingspan of a pterodactyl. Tad on the light side, but that was known from the get go.

JetsInsider.com Legend

Completely disagree. For a right-handed QB, D'Brick has to play LT to match up with pass-rushers. He's tall, lean and quick, very fleet of foot with long arms. On paper he is EXACTLY what a LT should be. He isn't the big, bulky powerful OT.

That is the Jets biggest problem - If Ferguson can't succeed at LT there almost isn't a backup plan for him on the line, meaning that I don't feel he fits at RT or any OG spot.

He was drafted specifically because he's a prototypical pass-blocking LT needed on a franchise that has had it's QB killed each season for years. The problem is that he's just not doing very well at exactly what we need him for. I still have hope and think he gets better but let's not kid ourselves, we didn't get Orlando Pace here.

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN
    you opinion of D'Bricks play aside, do you actually believe their is such a thing as a "finesse" guard?
    More or less, though Brick would be a finesse tackle. The guy is a pure technician, which is why bullrushers shove him around. The best in the business are maulers with the proverbial mean streak, who don't hesitate to shove back..

Rookie
    this is why the draft isnt an exact science,you can measure a mans heart.maybe hes a soft guy who was great in college but will never be a great pro.look at tony mandraich and the gallery kid.

All League
    D'Brick definately struggled against the Pats, but todays game he was clearly the best o-lineman and had a really solid performance against a great D and basically took his man (Suggs) out of the game. The standout bad o-line play was mostly from Clarke and Clement. I don't think Chargers fans are calling McNeill horrible because he let up a sack to the Pats.

All Pro
    D'Brick definately struggled against the Pats, but todays game he was clearly the best o-lineman and had a really solid performance against a great D and basically took his man (Suggs) out of the game. The standout bad o-line play was mostly from Clarke and Clement. I don't think Chargers fans are calling McNeill horrible because he let up a sack to the Pats.
    Was you watching the same game? Brick was horrible.

All Pro
    Brick had a bad game again today IMO. Really disappointed because I've been defending him all off-season.

His critics have been proven true. The killer instinct can't be undervalued and he somehow chose to ignore the FACT that he needed to put on at least 15 pounds.

He obviously won't gain weight during the season so we'll have to wait another year until next off season when I'm sure he'll finally listen up and put on the weight and then we'll see if he's capable of being above average.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40
    Was you watching the same game? Brick was horrible.
    watched the whole game and Brick closely. I just think people see a sack and assume its his fault, even thought it is coming from the right side.

Banned
    watched the whole game and Brick closely. I just think people see a sack and assume its his fault, even thought it is coming from the right side.
    The only sack the left side gave up was on a jailbreak blitz and Brick took out two guys on the play.

He also played with a meanstreak in the run game, repeatedly pancaking his man. On one play he just decimated Trevor Pryce, just plain nasty.

Clarke saved his game with the fumble recovery. No way Kendal would have shown that kind of hustle.

Mangold had an epic battle with Ngata.

Moore was a beast in the run. Opening up chasms for TJ to run through.

Clement is friggin' awful.