Thread: Pats give game ball to Bellachek

All League

Pats give game ball to Bellachek

So there you have it..nevermind that their coach disgraced the uniform and shamed the NFL. The players gave the game ball to Bellachek when they should be thinking "we broke our asses for this team and all we have to show for it is an asterik.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    In other news, parents across America are buying their kids Barry Bonds jerseys for Christmas this year!

Hall Of Fame
    he's a folk hero.

everyone outside of NE hates him. But there, he's a demigod.

And Michael Strahan is named as one of the captains on the Giants...

Banned
    I think that's a pretty clear indication Bob Kraft endorses cheating

To Give Belicheat a Game-Ball the same week he turned your organization into a national disgrace, that's more than supporting a family member, that's rewarding him .. big difference

Think about it, if you owned a team and your HC turned your organization into a national punchline, would you give him a Game-Ball that week or would it take all the restraint you can muster just to keep from decking the SOB?
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 09-17-2007 at 05:07 PM.

Hall Of Fame

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NFL NYJETS

+1

Undrafted Free Agent
    And 30 teams would hire him in a heartbeat if he were available.

I hate sappy sports stuff, but it is true that sports teams are like families. When one of your own comes under fire you support them and help them get through it. It's not like he killed someone or anything.

Oh, and the fact that there is a disproportionate outrage about all of this makes it even easier to support the guy. With everyone else asking for his head on a stick it becomes easy for the players and fans to support him. If the outcry were more measured or reasonable there would have been more soul-searching.

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveTomBrady

I hate sappy sports stuff, but it is true that sports teams are like families. When one of your own comes under fire you support them and help them get through it. It's not like he killed someone or anything.

Oh, and the fact that there is a disproportionate outrage about all of this makes it even easier to support the guy. With everyone else asking for his head on a stick it becomes easy for the players and fans to support him. If the outcry were more measured or reasonable there would have been more soul-searching.
    You're probably right about that. I hope Tannenbaum would have the dignity to bring him in for an interview, just to tell him to go f*ck himself.

Banned

So if someone comes forward with evidence to suggest Belicheat is a pedophile as well as a cheater, and the national outrage reaches unprecedented levels, that will only encourage Pasterik fans to, what, throw a party for Bill Belicheat?

I mean that's the logical conclusion from what you just posted .. it doesn't matter if Belicheat is right or wrong, doesn't matter if he cheated, doesn't matter if he turned the Pats into a national disgrace, the stronger the condemnation the more Pasterik fans will embrace this cheater

Well at least San Francisco Giants fans have finally found a kindred spirit
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 09-17-2007 at 05:31 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by nationalist88
    You're probably right about that. I hope Tannenbaum would have the dignity to bring him in for an interview, just to tell him to go f*ck himself.
    The one team that wouldn't hire him is Indy. NY hired Mangini because he used to wash towels for BB. They'd much rather have the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    So if someone comes forward with evidence to suggest Belicheat is a pedophile as well as a cheater, and the national outrage reaches unprecedented levels, that will only encourage Pasterik fans to, what, throw a party for Bill Belicheat?

I mean that's the logical conclusion from what you just posted .. it doesn't matter if Belicheat is right or wrong, doesn't matter if he cheated, doesn't matter if he turned the Pats into a national disgrace, the stronger the condemnation the more Pasterik fans will embrace this cheater

Well at least San Francisco Giants fans have finally found a kindred spirit
    No, that's a hyperbolic conclusion.

I even included the line "It's not like he killed someone or anything" to show that I recognized there are crimes you should not necessarily support someone through. If you had tried to understand my point rather than attack me for it you would have realized that.

Banned

No, that's a hyperbolic conclusion.

I even included the line "It's not like he killed someone or anything" to show that I recognized there are crimes you should not necessarily support someone through. If you had tried to understand my point rather than attack me for it you would have realized that.
    I know that ILTB, I know you said "disproportionate outrage", I was just busting your chops

But I don't believe the outrage is disproportionate .. in my view it is entirely appropriate

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    So if someone comes forward with evidence to suggest Belicheat is a pedophile,,,,
    Hey not for nothing...but why do Jets fans talk so much about pedophilia? Its a little weird.

All League
    They gave him the ball and then he went out got drunk, smoked out with his kids and cheated on his wife (of course he had to pay for it again)! A regular party for the *