Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patriots were warned by Jets in 06

All Pro

Patriots were warned by Jets in 06

According to ESPNEWS, the Patriots were warned by the Jets about videotaping their defensive signals in 2006 and the report that Herm knew it was going on shows you this **** has been going on for probably as long as Bellichick has been there......anyway, the Pats were to have been told if it happened again their would be consequences....sooo don't give me the whole 'he's a rat' garbage---Bellichick was warned by the NFL and by the Jets and decided to do it anyway. The Patriots deserve all the flak they are recieving.

People counter well if they knew they were taping then why not change your signals....ok that's fine but you still have to spend extra time creating dummy signals countering an illegal operation by the Patriots soo why not just get rid of it in the first place.

Hall Of Fame
    supposedly the jets had three sets of signals when they play the pats, one of which were real

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WeskerLogan

According to ESPNEWS, the Patriots were warned by the Jets about videotaping their defensive signals in 2006 and were to have been told if it happened again their would be consequences....sooo don't give me the whole 'he's a rat' garbage---Bellichick was warned by the NFL and by the Jets and decided to do it anyway. The Patriots deserve all the flak they are recieving.
    Belicheat is in trouble for one reason and one reason only .. his own arrogance

He wasn't only warned by the Jets .. he was warned by the Jets, the Packers, the Lions, the league, and the league even sent him another memo just prior to opening day, just to be sure he got the point .. and he still wouldn't stop recording signals, started right away, week one!

You can't be any more arrogant than that .. that takes arrogance to a whole new level

That was the equivalent of telling the Jets, the league and everyone else .. FU, I MAKE MY OWN RULES!!
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 09-18-2007 at 12:12 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    Belichick is in trouble for one reason and one reason only .. his own arrogance
    He wasn't only warned by the Jets .. he was warned by the Jets, the Packers, the Lions, the league, and even the league seny him another memo just prior to opening day .. and he still wouldn't stop recording signals, and he started right away, week one!

You can't be any more arrogant than that .. that takes arrogance to a whole new level

That is precisely what even Pats fans don't seem to acknowledge. I don't blame the Pats as an organization or even Kraft to some degree (although he should have come out stronger against this). This is 99.9% Belichick flaunting the rules, thinking he is above the law, and that his success allows him to do whatever he wants. BB is doing more to wreck the Patriots legacy than the Broncos or Colts could do by stifling that dynasty* in consecutive playoff years.

People counter well if they knew they were taping then why not change your signals....ok that's fine but you still have to spend extra time creating dummy signals countering an illegal operation by the Patriots soo why not just get rid of it in the first place.
    That would also mean you'd have to change your signals every game, if supposedly everyone's doing this. Unless of course teams are going to announce whether or not their filming other team's signals, which I doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green
    supposedly the jets had three sets of signals when they play the pats, one of which were real
    This is verified by the actual footage, which shows 3 separate coaches making signals. But this could easily be "cracked" with a video tape. Simply compare the 3 sets of signals to the actual defensive call, and Bingo the 2 signals that match let you know which is the "real" signal. Hence, the need for video to crack the code and to weed out the dummy calls.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Not only that but Krafty rewards the arrogance with a contract extension. Take that Goodell!

Yep, there's a stench in New England and it ain't the result of baked beans!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23

That is precisely what even Pats fans don't seem to acknowledge. I don't blame the Pats as an organization or even Kraft to some degree (although he should have come out stronger against this). This is 99.9% Belichick flaunting the rules, thinking he is above the law, and that his success allows him to do whatever he wants. BB is doing more to wreck the Patriots legacy than the Broncos or Colts could do by stifling that dynasty* in consecutive playoff years.
    DEAD ON THE MONEY

This is hubris on a Grand scale .. this is a Guy who really believed he was above the rules by virtue of his prior success .. he recieved so many warnings with no reprecussions that he started to believe there are two sets of rules, the ones that apply to everyone else and the one {JUST ONE} that applied to him, the one he made up for himself which reads as follows .. I'LL DO ANYTHING I DAMN WELL PLEASE AND FU IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 09-18-2007 at 12:24 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    This thread is a much-needed interesting new angle on the whole matter.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    This thread is a much-needed interesting new angle on the whole matter.

Like a fine wine, getting better with age...PLEASE leave if the continuous banter of the annoying Jets fans has interfered with your ability to peacefully troll a Jets messageboard.

All League
    It's obvious from the stories that have come out this week that most people within the NFL feel that Pats have a certail level of Arrogance about them and could get away with this crap. Patriot fans can spin this all they want the truth is they were caught cheating and that is the bottom line. Kraft and Bellachek deserve each other and the commisioner may still come down on them once they review additional tapes.

Rookie
    Is there a link to this story, that the Jets warned the Pats??

why do you all continue to obsess over this matter? is it because you'd rather do this than come to realization that your football team is 0-2? thats all that i can think of. what else could it be? this particular matter is over. the pats have been punished. if goodell finds anything else out, he'll let us know. until then, if there is even a "then", you can get back to your own matters.
    p.s.- its gonna be one awkward conversation between belichick, kraft, and goodell after the super bowl up on that podium in arizona.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NE_PATS_FAN_54
    why do you all continue to obsess over this matter? is it because you'd rather do this than come to realization that your football team is 0-2? thats all that i can think of. what else could it be? this particular matter is over. the pats have been punished. if goodell finds anything else out, he'll let us know. until then, if there is even a "then", you can get back to your own matters.
    p.s.- its gonna be one awkward conversation between belichick, kraft, and goodell after the super bowl up on that podium in arizona.

This case is far from over -- it's not like this is the tuck rule we're talking about here. I know it's embarrassing, I know it must hurt knowing that if your team goes 16-0 the first claim people will make is because it's from some sort of cheating. I can understand why that's frustrating soo please forgive me for discussing a relevant matter which involves the Jets on jetsinsider.net. My apologies sir. And honestly, I feel for you because none of this is your fault...it's that asspipe for a coach who puts himself even before the good of the overall team.
    Last edited by WeskerLogan; 09-18-2007 at 12:47 PM.

All League

Because the Pats have more rings than the Jets and are going to get another one this year. The Pats are a good org and a good team which is all the MORE reason fans like you should be pissed that they have tarnished the team by cheating.

Looks like you ran out of ridiculous Bellichik defenses.

All League
    Pot, meet Kettle.

What is your (meaning all of you Pat fans) constant obsession with rubbing it in that our team is 0-2?

Honestly, I'm starting to get as sick of the whole cheatgate thing as anyone, but really - You have a 2-0 football team. Enjoy it. You have no reason to be here other than to rub our faces in the dirt. Until our respective teams meet again in December, how about you get back to YOUR own matters, preferably on a football board other than this one?

If for whatever God-only-knows reason you still insist on hanging around here (which you obviously do), I suggest leaving off with the obsession bit, because it sounds ridiculous coming from someone who insists on spending all their time on a rival fans' message board bashing their team. Especially when your own team is superior to begin with.

Banned
    I personally want a full explination from Belicheat about why he blatanlty disregarded the rules of the game after being warned numerous times.

I want to know exactly what he did with these tapes and how he benifited from using them.

It just like Chris Collinsworth said...If he did this the on opening day after being warned not to....this is not the first time this has been done. Plain and simple.

I want to know it all....ALL

Hall Of Fame
    I wonder who taught BB this practice of taping the coaches. Parcells?

According to ESPNEWS, the Patriots were warned by the Jets about videotaping their defensive signals in 2006 and the report that Herm knew it was going on shows you this **** has been going on for probably as long as Bellichick has been there......anyway, the Pats were to have been told if it happened again their would be consequences....sooo don't give me the whole 'he's a rat' garbage---Bellichick was warned by the NFL and by the Jets and decided to do it anyway. The Patriots deserve all the flak they are recieving.

This is the advantage it creates. The coaches have to spend the time to devise the bogus signals then the players have to learn which is or is not real. This all takes precious time away from preparing for your opponent. This is why it is CHEATING.