Thread: Any Info On Dyson?

Banned

Any Info On Dyson?

Will he be 100% healed up for Miami? IMO this guy is CRUCIAL for our defense.

All Pro
    A healthy dyson is certainly an upgrade over Barrett, but until we get better defensive line play and better fits at the linebacker positions, we are not going to progress as a defense.

Veteran
    We need him back. Badly.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason
    A healthy dyson is certainly an upgrade over Barrett, but until we get better defensive line play and better fits at the linebacker positions, we are not going to progress as a defense.
    Thing is I trust Dyson out there 1 on 1 and I think the CS does too, against most recievers.

Barrett is not trustworthy at all. He can make a nice play on occasion but he's not reliable.

You put Dyson back there and you can start sending more guys and using more exotic blitz packages

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Dyson was our best cover corner last season. Not sure if he's not playing due to injury or because he's in Mangini's doghouse though - there were all those trade rumors after the last preseason game that Dyson was being shopped around. If he's even close to healthy, he needs to be playing before the season is over. Barrett has given up nearly every passing TD or big play that we've allowed so far this season, just a disgrace.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by YoDogWhatsGood
    Thing is I trust Dyson out there 1 on 1 and I think the CS does too, against most recievers.

Barrett is not trustworthy at all. He can make a nice play on occasion but he's not reliable.

You put Dyson back there and you can start sending more guys and using more exotic blitz packages
    I completely agree that Dyson gives us more options and is a solid corner when healthy. He probably was our best FA acquisition last year. But what I was talking about was the long-term progress of our defense. We need more defensive playmakers badly. Kerry Rhodes is our best defensive player, and I think it's a consensus opinion that Revis has the talent to turn into a playmaking type of player, but we need someone up front as well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason
    I completely agree that Dyson gives us more options and is a solid corner when healthy. He probably was our best FA acquisition last year. But what I was talking about was the long-term progress of our defense. We need more defensive playmakers badly. Kerry Rhodes is our best defensive player, and I think it's a consensus opinion that Revis has the talent to turn into a playmaking type of player, but we need someone up front as well.
    Yeah no question... We need some real angry big guys up front, Like NE has. I think once we start getting pressure up front the playmaking will happen.

All League
    well i know dyson played this past week. not sure how much though but he was out there. im sure he will be at least closer to 100% on sunday.

Barrett reminds me of otis smith. One week he will kill you and the next he will be lights out. Very up and down. Takes a lot of chances. Sometimes they pay off and sometimes they dont

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31
    well i know dyson played this past week. not sure how much though but he was out there. im sure he will be at least closer to 100% on sunday.

Barrett reminds me of otis smith. One week he will kill you and the next he will be lights out. Very up and down. Takes a lot of chances. Sometimes they pay off and sometimes they dont
    Physically and talent-wise Barrett has a mediocre ceiling. He's good depth, but he shouldn't be anything more then that on this team.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31

Barrett has a knack for coming up with a good play in a tight spot, but he still blows more than an acceptable share of coverages over the course of the whole game.

To me he is not an acceptable solution as a #2 CB, unless you have a whale of D-Line

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by YoDogWhatsGood
    Barrett has a knack for coming up with a good play in a tight spot, but he still blows more than an acceptable share of coverages over the course of the whole game.

To me he is not an acceptable solution as a #2 CB, unless you have a whale of D-Line

i used to think he was going to be a very solid starter. But after last years injuries and this years start im thinking differently now. I agree he could be a #2 if you have a great dline which we dont.

IMO he is a great nickel.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
    Dyson was our best cover corner last season. Not sure if he's not playing due to injury or because he's in Mangini's doghouse though - there were all those trade rumors after the last preseason game that Dyson was being shopped around. If he's even close to healthy, he needs to be playing before the season is over. Barrett has given up nearly every passing TD or big play that we've allowed so far this season, just a disgrace.
    Those rumors were total bs, made up and spread by idiots.
    he was our top cover guy last year.
    we have zero depth at CB now, especially with JMiller out.