Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions about the Stadium & Parking Yesterday

All Pro

Questions about the Stadium & Parking Yesterday

Anybody else get caught in that traffic mess by the Xanadu Complex before the game? They had cops and security checking passes and no car without a special reserved pass for a particular lot, or a handicap pass did not get through. I always park by the gravel lot under the bridge and parked there for the Patriot game with my regular prepaid pass.

Now that's not good enough as I can't get by that roadblock to get into the lot. We were directed to the lot behind the Continental Arena and walking to the game the gravel lot was nearly empty as no one could get there.

Anybody know what gives with this?

Also why did they take away the escalators to the Upper Deck?

Banned
    At what time did this all occur?

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I

SAR I
    relevant question.....First 2 games ive gotten to the Stadium before 10am and parking staff is very flexible --allowed me to drive around the whole stadium to get to the lot where i was going.

i heard that folks who got there after 11 were forced to park in the lot closest to where they entered....in some cases that was Lot Y, which if you look at a map is really really far.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

pulled into the complex about 9:40 right after the GWB...hit a smattering of traffic by the arena where they were checking passes....three minutes later I was in my spot...

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino
    relevant question.....First 2 games ive gotten to the Stadium before 10am and parking staff is very flexible --allowed me to drive around the whole stadium to get to the lot where i was going.

i heard that folks who got there after 11 were forced to park in the lot closest to where they entered....in some cases that was Lot Y, which if you look at a map is really really far.

Week 1, at 10:00, they blocked off access to lots 13,14,17,18. Re-directed everyone east towards lot 16. The guys that parked next to us couldn't get to their friends in lot 17 or 18. They had been meeting them since 1992 and it was the first time they missed. Each had half the food/drink. They were pissed.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby
    Week 1, at 10:00, they blocked off access to lots 13,14,17,18. Re-directed everyone east towards lot 16. The guys that parked next to us couldn't get to their friends in lot 17 or 18. They had been meeting them since 1992 and it was the first time they missed. Each had half the food/drink. They were pissed.
    yeah I remember that

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I

SAR I
    I was there at 10:30 and was stuck in the congestion for a half an hour trying to go right into the gravel lot.

The whole thing just makes not sense. There were open spots all over the place and cars could not get to the lot. Being as that lot is not reserved what's the point?

All Pro
    A friend of mine just told me that he asked a stadium official about why the escalator was taken out to the upper deck and he said it was because they are preparing for the taking apart of GS.

Can that possibly be true? WTF is the rush?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan
    A friend of mine just told me that he asked a stadium official about why the escalator was taken out to the upper deck and he said it was because they are preparing for the taking apart of GS.

Can that possibly be true? WTF is the rush?
    Do you mean the escalators to the 300s? I entered and exited at Gate D and the escalators were working on the way up as well as down. I would not be happy walking the spirals til the upper deck.

27 rows of steps is exercise enough

Veteran
    Anybody else get caught in that traffic mess by the Xanadu Complex before the game? They had cops and security checking passes and no car without a special reserved pass for a particular lot, or a handicap pass did not get through. I always park by the gravel lot under the bridge and parked there for the Patriot game with my regular prepaid pass.

Now that's not good enough as I can't get by that roadblock to get into the lot. We were directed to the lot behind the Continental Arena and walking to the game the gravel lot was nearly empty as no one could get there.

we also park on the gravel (great for getting out) and was caught in this roadblock at 10:45 as well. They were only letting vehicles with reserved passes thru even though as QJF states there were plenty of spots in the gravel. what makes it worse is that every single car needed to have a conversation with the 3 or 4 Meadowlands traffic morons so it took at least a half hour to get thru. They had months to prepare for this traffic mess and its apparant to me they just decided to wing it and see how it goes. Hopefully by the end of the season they firgure out how to keep moving and to utilize all spots closer to the stadium.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Do you mean the escalators to the 300s? I entered and exited at Gate D and the escalators were working on the way up as well as down. I would not be happy walking the spirals til the upper deck.

They removed the escalator to the upper decks at Gate B.....

All League

They were working up and down at Gate C also.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sect112row36
    we also park on the gravel (great for getting out) and was caught in this roadblock at 10:45 as well. They were only letting vehicles with reserved passes thru even though as QJF states there were plenty of spots in the gravel. what makes it worse is that every single car needed to have a conversation with the 3 or 4 Meadowlands traffic morons so it took at least a half hour to get thru. They had months to prepare for this traffic mess and its apparant to me they just decided to wing it and see how it goes. Hopefully by the end of the season they firgure out how to keep moving and to utilize all spots closer to the stadium.
    That roadblock was the craziest thing. I just don't understand it. They had months to prepare for it, but on opening day they did not have that roadblock at all and we were able to park on the gravel. They checked our permits upon entering that lot so I don't see the reason for the roadblock in the first place.

There truly seem to be a bunch of ignoramuses running that site.

Practice Squad

I didn't get caught but had friends who had parking passes, told that the lots were all closed. This was at 10:45. He had to leave the parking area and somehow ended up on the Arena side. All I know is that I parked in Section 12. I got there around 9:30 and had no problems. When my buddy called me and said that security told him that all lots were now closed. I couldn't believe it. There were many open spots all around me, including 6 empty consecutive spots next to my truck, that no one parked in at all. Along with about another 12 dozen or so spots in my immediate area. A really piss poor job the Meadowlands Security did. Especially for people who paid for their parking tickets and were told they can't get in.....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyf0614
    I didn't get caught but had friends who had parking passes, told that the lots were all closed. This was at 10:45. He had to leave the parking area and somehow ended up on the Arena side. All I know is that I parked in Section 12. I got there around 9:30 and had no problems. When my buddy called me and said that security told him that all lots were now closed. I couldn't believe it. There were many open spots all around me, including 6 empty consecutive spots next to my truck, that no one parked in at all. Along with about another 12 dozen or so spots in my immediate area. A really piss poor job the Meadowlands Security did. Especially for people who paid for their parking tickets and were told they can't get in.....

But now did they send him to a sattelite lot - Did he already hand in his prepaid pass ?

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by djaparz
    But now did they send him to a sattelite lot - Did he already hand in his prepaid pass ?
    No I don't believe he parked in Satellite parking, but I can't confirm. He didn't make it tailgate. I do believe he ended up on the Arena side, walking over the bridge. Not as bad as the satellite parking, but to be told that the lots were closed, where in fact there was plenty of available spots is just rediculous. Especially being that you still have 2 hours before gametime!

All Pro
    which way did he come in by - 3 West or 16 W?

Practice Squad
    16W I believe

All Pro
    I came in by 3 W from the Lincoln Tunnel.

All Pro
    At the blockade when I showed them my prepaid pass I was told that pass just is for a spot at the complex but doesn't get me access to the whole complex.

Is bs that I get there over 2 hours before the game and there are plenty of open spots but I'm not allowed to use them.

Just real stupid planning.