Thread: Slightly OT-Respect to a Fish

All Pro

Slightly OT-Respect to a Fish

Seriously, you keep hearing about how all these QBs are breaking records....Manning and Favre...and almost every record they break was held by Marino...it really puts in perspective how awesome this guy truly was and it's a shame he never got a ring because all his records will no longer be held.....but I, for one, am happy to not see him in a fish jersey anymore..he was insane.

In the end I beleive Manning will hold all the records but hats off to Marino.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    No thanks....I hated that guy with every fiber of my being...and I was glad his last game he got destroyed 62-7.... just being honest.

All Pro
    2 Words for you... fake spike

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

As much as I hate to admit it, he might have the best right arm ever. What he was able to do with no running game and no legs of his own was just insane..

The guy has like 8 career rushing yards and holds so many passing records.. He was deadly.

Hall Of Fame
    Wes, are you the same person yesterday who started a HATS OFF TO RONNIE BROWN thread?

If so, are you a closet Fin fan?

Rookie
    Einhorn said it best... or was it Finkel? DIE DAN.

One of my favorite "Jet" lines from a movie was Harvey Keitel as Satan denying Dan's pleas for a ring in Little Nicky...Why? He's a Jets fan.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Addict SouthFL
    Wes, are you the same person yesterday who started a HATS OFF TO RONNIE BROWN thread?

If so, are you a closet Fin fan?

haha yes I am..idk I enjoy the game so much that I respect the opponent, especially divisional foes if deemed worthy enough.

I hate the Patriots, Fins, Bills so much that I respect them more than other teams. Familiarity breeds contempt but it also breeds comrardary.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by WeskerLogan
    haha yes I am..idk I enjoy the game so much that I respect the opponent, especially divisional foes if deemed worthy enough.

I hate the Patriots, Fins, Bills so much that I respect them more than other teams. Familiarity breeds contempt but it also breeds comrardary.

Take your fish love to a fins board.

Marino with no rings and no records hooray!!!!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Seriously, you keep hearing about how all these QBs are breaking records....Manning and Favre...and almost every record they break was held by Marino...it really puts in perspective how awesome this guy truly was and it's a shame he never got a ring because all his records will no longer be held.....but I, for one, am happy to not see him in a fish jersey anymore..he was insane.

I can respect what he's done, kinda like Brady. But I hate both of them and I'm glad Dan Marino has as many Super Bowl rings as Vinny Testaverde.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Damn, and there I was thinkig this thread might be about what a GREAT guy I am......

Aye, Marino was an amazing QB to watch in his prime, truly something incredably special, but a Jets Heartbreaker too. The battles between Marino and O'Brien are a big part of what formed my early Jets Fan Obsession.

And yall wondered why I liked the long pass so much, eh? Lawl.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish
    Damn, and there I was thinkig this thread might be about what a GREAT guy I am......
    Thats what I thought at first too...LOL...

All League
    Marino being slowly erased from the record books! I will tip my hat to that.

Hall Of Fame

**** Marino, I've been pulling for Farve to break his records for the last two years.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe Jet
    Einhorn said it best... or was it Finkel? DIE DAN.

One of my favorite "Jet" lines from a movie was Harvey Keitel as Satan denying Dan's pleas for a ring in Little Nicky...Why? He's a Jets fan.

Ha, that was the best part of the movie.

And yeah, I gotta give some respect to Marino too. Hate his guts as a Fin, but one of the best.

Board Moderator
    Charter JI Member

i suppose, as the years go by, i have a certain respect for marino and all that he accomplished. but he was the leader of our bitter rival for so long... it's a bitter pill.