Thread: Can we start David Harris already?

Hall Of Fame

Can we start David Harris already?

This guy with the little playing time he gets looks very solid and makes good plays. He's probably had the biggest impact of any LB on our time even in his limited snaps.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I've turned him in to a beast in Madden.

Therefore, yes, we should start him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    he's already getting alot of playing time

he was on the field getting juked out of his shorts on several of Browns long screen plays

i believe the coaching staff are playing this player as much as possible.

fans just need to be patient.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan

That's as good a reason as any!

Hall Of Fame
    the jets can't stop the run. david harris was drafted to stop the run. when david harris is in the game he stops the run. therefore, david harris doesn't start. that makes sense.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti

he was on the field getting juked out of his shorts on several of Browns long screen plays

I'm sorry but as much as I like Vilma he has been a ghost(though he did play well last week). Barton has been non existent, where is Hobson?? And dont get me started on Thomas (gave this man 9M in guarantees).

I know this is our personel and we will have to deal with it this year but start the kid!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak
    the jets can't stop the run. david harris was drafted to stop the run. when david harris is in the game he stops the run. therefore, david harris doesn't start. that makes sense.
    all the right reasons to why he should start next week.

We better not make Trent Edwards look like tom brady.

Hall Of Fame
    harris is also the perfect guy to team with vilma.

i just don't see any of the other jet lbs stuffing brown on that play in jet territory. he just has that 'it' factor and the jets need it bad.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51
    I'm sorry but as much as I like Vilma he has been a ghost(though he did play well last week). Barton has been non existent, where is Hobson?? And dont get me started on Thomas (gave this man 9M in guarantees).
    I know this is our personel and we will have to deal with it this year but start the kid!
    tough to make plays when you are covering backs coming out of the back field all day. The Jets have a serious scheme problem on defense as they are right now a reacting defense, we don't put our playmakers in position to make plays.

I personally have never really loved the 3-4 despite it's documented successes in the past.

Hall Of Fame
    i think the 3-4 would work better if they had a NT who could hold up at the point of attack, if they had a DE who could generate something resembling a pass rush on a consistent basis, if they had someone other than bryan thomas who could perform consistently, if they had a good experienced CB opposite revis who could cover better.

of course, if the jets had all of these things, they'd be the ravens defense.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti

Agreed, as we did yesterday on another board on this same topic.

Banned
    Face the FactsThe Jets defense is what its is SOFT!

The Linebackers dont really Hit & Tackle & the Lineman take 3 weeks to sack the QB!

Bring back Walt Michaels to run the 4-4 defense!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish
    tough to make plays when you are covering backs coming out of the back field all day. The Jets have a serious scheme problem on defense as they are right now a reacting defense, we don't put our playmakers in position to make plays.

I personally have never really loved the 3-4 despite it's documented successes in the past.
    Its made for 6-3 255 lbs Linebackers with strength not Mini-Vilma's that cant attack 300lb offensive lineman!

Great players make plays what ever defensive scheme!

Lance Mehl was always lurking just ask the Raiders

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan

Haha both Harris and Revis are gods for me

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51
    This guy with the little playing time he gets looks very solid and makes good plays. He's probably had the biggest impact of any LB on our time even in his limited snaps.
    I don't think the LBs are the problem. It's too bad Harris isn't a D-lineman.

Practice Squad
    Maybe they should play a 5 -2 Defense. At least you would think they should be able to stop the run.

All League
    why not bench everyone. let's bench chad, jones, and coles. start clemens, washington, and wright. i wanna see what they can do. there was another topic about phrases people hate. well, that's mine. "let's see what he can do." how's that for a give up on the season. just bench everyone, play all the rookies, and let's quit. man, you'd think the jets were the falcons.

All Pro
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988
    Haha both Harris and Revis are gods for me
    Harris yeah..... Revis, not so much.... for me anyway.