Thread: OT: Bionic Woman

All Pro

OT: Bionic Woman

I enjoyed it. The switch from good girl to bad ass was a little too extreme and could have been more gradual but it was entertaining and I can't wait for the next episode. You guys catch it? Your thoughts...?

All League
    She does look badass

Quote Originally Posted by Jetcane
    She does look badass

Think thats the "bad" bionic woman. And yea as the original poster stated, the good bionic woman became bad ass way to fast. Instead of wondering how well she'll do the next time they run into each other, you already know that the brunette can kick the blonds ass. Given what the blond told her before the fight, that really doesn't seem to make sense either.

Banned
    I wonder if she has a bionic vagina.

Veteran
    The show blows bionic vagina.

All League
    Bionics a Reality

Orlando Lab Produces 1st Bionic Limb In World 1 hour, 42 minutes ago

The technology available to the public today isn't of Bionic Woman proportions, but it's the best it has ever been. An Orlando lab has the distinction of producing the first privately-funded bionic limb in the world. That lab and others like it are helping amputees recover like never before, WESH 2 News reported.

ADVERTISEMENT

Janet Bombard had a typical thought for a woman her age when she lost part of her arm in a car accident six years ago.

"Honestly, the first thing that went through my head, I was 21 years old and still in college: 'Oh, God. What am I going to do about dating and guys?'" Bombard said.

Four months after her accident, and the dating fears diminished and Bombard was fitted with a myo-electric prosthesis.

The arm is her fourth and the most advanced. Still, she has her bad days.

"It's one of those things that, yes, I do have mental breakdowns, and yes, I am human. You know, it gets easier as time passes," Bombard said.

For Rob Smith, adjusting to a new leg just six months after a devastating motorcycle accident was a challenge.

"I thought maybe it would be like learning to walk on stilts, but it's not because a stilt doesn't have a knee in it and you have two of them, not one," Smith said.

Despite the tough reality, Smith was walking on his new leg within 15 minutes of putting it on. He said the best part about it is that the leg learns how he walks, whether he's going downhill or through uneven grass.

"It'll stiffen up, it'll loosen up and do different things according to what the terrain is," Smith said.

Jose Lema is a law enforcement officer injured in the line of duty. He lost his left foot eight months ago and said that right then he hit a pivotal point in his life. Instead of feeling sorry for himself, Lema chose to continue living, He has been walking on his new foot for four months.

"I decided since that moment that's what I was going to do. I was not going to allow it to ruin my life," Lema said.

Alistair Gibson is the man behind the technology at Orlando's Hanger Labs.

"We're finally able to control how the prosthetics work -- finely and accurately -- whereas 10 years ago the technology might have been available, but we weren't able to control it. These devices need an incredible amount of power to run them. We have strength in motors, but we don't have the power supply to run the device adequately for a period of time," Gibson said.

"Everything I did before, I can do functionally now," Bombard said.

"It's been excellent. I've been living my life like I used to," Lema said.

"The technology of the thing is amazing. I'm very happy with it," Smith said.

Gibson said there are 620 Hanger Labs in the U.S. and patients come to his lab from across the Southeast, and in Europe and South America.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Do any of you guys remember from the original show and those freaky-ass 'Fembots'?!?!

Those freakin things gave me the creeps!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cefHB...elated&search=

All League
    I had a problem as well with the new Bionic Woman becoming a bad ass too fast. But remember they gave her some chip or nano thingy that give her the ability to fight.

Both of these prototypes were suppose to be geared for military combat hence the abilities to fight on the fly. All systems appeared to be going online when Jaime was at the bar.

Veteran
    I watched it. Ugh. The totally blew it. They could have stretched out the whole 'becoming bionic' and the transformation and meeting the first bionic woman into like a 5 or 6 episode ark with her saving the world dink and dunks scattered through out. IMO. (And her boyfriend was the boyfriend on party of 5 and I didn't like him then so I have issues right there.)

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    I watched it. Ugh. The totally blew it. They could have stretched out the whole 'becoming bionic' and the transformation and meeting the first bionic woman into like a 5 or 6 episode ark with her saving the world dink and dunks scattered through out. IMO. (And her boyfriend was the boyfriend on party of 5 and I didn't like him then so I have issues right there.)
    Excellent point.

I think the problem is that this first episode was actually the pilot. So they tried to set everything up in it. As you stated, this would have been a perfect 5 episode ark.