Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chad is an easy scapegoat

Rookie

Chad is an easy scapegoat

I'm not a die-hard Pennington guy, but this board is a theater of the absurd. He throws his first interception today, and the jury is out. Every QB is going to make a bad throw here and there. Chad doesn't screw up very often.

Bottom line is, we're losing these games in the trenches. Our running game has sucked, not because of TJ, but because the boys aren't getting any push off the line. Our defense has no teeth whatsoever. Yet, Chad completes 15 passes in a row, then throws the INT, and the Jets' history of losing is on his shoulders.

Bottom line, this is Chad's team right now. Until the season is lost, there is no reason to start Clemens. If we hit our 7th loss, then I'll change my mind, but until then, direct the anger where it is due, at arguably the worst defense in the NFL and a mediocre offensive line at best.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyjet View Post
    I'm not a die-hard Pennington guy, but this board is a theater of the absurd. He throws his first interception today, and the jury is out. Every QB is going to make a bad throw here and there. Chad doesn't screw up very often.

Bottom line is, we're losing these games in the trenches. Our running game has sucked, not because of TJ, but because the boys aren't getting any push off the line. Our defense has no teeth whatsoever. Yet, Chad completes 15 passes in a row, then throws the INT, and the Jets' history of losing is on his shoulders.

Bottom line, this is Chad's team right now. Until the season is lost, there is no reason to start Clemens. If we hit our 7th loss, then I'll change my mind, but until then, direct the anger where it is due, at arguably the worst defense in the NFL and a mediocre offensive line at best.
    Chad had a lot of time to throw today.

Sure, he completed a lot of passes, but who cares if they're relatively unproductive.

Make no mistake, today, we lost because of Chad Pennington.

As far as it being Chad's team, you may be right, but Chad's team is very bad, and maybe the best way to improve is to cut off the head of the beast.

All Pro
    his 1st interception? no sir that #3 AND #4 today.

All Pro
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.

Chad had 16 INT's last season.... thats alot more mistakes than I want to see.
    Last edited by Starkweather; 09-30-2007 at 08:49 PM.

Banned
    Bottom line is, we're losing these games in the trenches. Our running game has sucked, not because of TJ, but because the boys aren't getting any push off the line. Our defense has no teeth whatsoever.
    if people think that it is thomas jones' fault he isnt getting yards that is ludacris. even last week when he went over a hundred he made half of the runs by himself bouncing everything outside. this oline is a joke. good thing we didnt pay kendall 1 mill.

All Pro
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydro22 View Post
    his 1st interception? no sir that #3 AND #4 today.
    in only 3 games..... 16 last season in 16 games..... anyone else see a pattern here???

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkweather View Post
    in only 3 games..... 16 last season in 16 games..... anyone else see a pattern here???
    I DO I DO.....HE SUCKS!!!!

All Pro
    Listen, no one is saying that our only problem is at QB. We DO have problems in the trenches. But that doesn't change the fact that CHAD is also a problem.

All Pro
    chad good for 1 Turnover a game atleast.. not good for what is suppose to be a smart qb and that limits mistakes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason View Post
    Listen, no one is saying that our only problem is at QB. We DO have problems in the trenches. But that doesn't change the fact that CHAD is also a problem.

agreed. he is one of many which i think is what everyone here is saying. the list of problems is very very very long and we all have our share of opinions of all of them. i think the one thing most of us can agree on is that if kellen does start, its hard to envision things getting any worse

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by EricYellin View Post
    Chad had a lot of time to throw today.

Sure, he completed a lot of passes, but who cares if they're relatively unproductive.

Make no mistake, today, we lost because of Chad Pennington.

As far as it being Chad's team, you may be right, but Chad's team is very bad, and maybe the best way to improve is to cut off the head of the beast.
    And yes the WR may have ran bad routes as someone said on another post..but the QB must see these things...if he did it once in awhile I would say it was the WR...but Pennington does it all the time !

All League
    Those were definately his #1 and #2 interceptions of the year. That leaves him with 5 TD and 2 INT. Don't get me wrong though, his performance today has turned me into a KC believer.

Veteran
    That pennington bears jersey looks wonderful.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by genom View Post
    That pennington bears jersey looks wonderful.

i second that

Veteran
    These were his first two interceptions of the year, but they were BAD ones, the first one was a miscommunication i believe, but your back at your own ten, you do not throw that ball.

As for the second one, theres no excuse, that was him not trusting his arm and looking for the sideline to get it away, and he couldn't even reach that.

The past 7 years have been held in check because of a guy who couldn't take our offense to the next step, granted we have a sub par offensive line, he couldn't make a throw with the Pats line.

I know it's all not on him, but he is the main reason why we lost today, We totally abandoned the run the whole second half, and started back with the Hackett plays, the coaches and the players don't trust chads arm, and now that has happened, i believe it is time to make the switch.

I'm one of the biggest optimist I know, and this season is going no where, were a fairly young team, so i think its best that we move on with Clemens, get him some experience against some not too strong defenses and finally move on. I'm sick of this team being limited because of Chad's arm.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDgreenN'white View Post
    Those were definately his #1 and #2 interceptions of the year. That leaves him with 5 TD and 2 INT. Don't get me wrong though, his performance today has turned me into a KC believer.
    guess ur right nfl.com updates faster than i thought.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cack89 View Post
    As for the second one, theres no excuse, that was him not trusting his arm and looking for the sideline to get it away, and he couldn't even reach that.
    hence the problem...CHAD HAS NO ARM

Practice Squad

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by NoExcusesNYJ View Post
    if people think that it is thomas jones' fault he isnt getting yards that is ludacris. even last week when he went over a hundred he made half of the runs by himself bouncing everything outside. this oline is a joke. good thing we didnt pay kendall 1 mill.
    in his post-game conference, the genius admitted that jones doesn't get the ball as often as he should cause the other teams stack the box.

do you think he knows why they can get away with that?

hint: noodle arm can't throw deep!

Banned
    When balls bounce off receivers and into opponent's hands, you have sympathy for the QB. Today Chad's INTs were sheer brain cramps on his part. They were balls that should never have been thrown. It seems as though the only time his brain kicks in is when the cameras and mics are in his face and it's time to fabricate a new excuse.

Hall Of Fame
    In 2002, the Chad led offense averaged 22 points a game. His next "full" seasons (when he started a majority of the games) the Jets offense he led has never averaged 3 TDs a game (2003-17 ppg, 2004 20 ppg, and 2006 19 ppg).

Thus, Chad led the Jets on 2 TD drives. That's what he normally does. I don't know why its much of an issue now, unless people realize that Chad and his patented max 2 TD drives a game aren't good enough any more.