Thread: How many sacks will the Giants get this weekend?

Hall Of Fame

How many sacks will the Giants get this weekend?

I saw this coming after we played them during the preseason. At the time, it was a good barometer to indicate just how BAD our offensive line was playing.

Well, the Giants have anose for sacking the QB. They've done a very good job of it thus far this season.

Now they get to face IMO one of the worst offensive lines in the league this weekend in the Jets. Sorry for the insult, but if the truth fits, you have to own up to it.

They may NOT be the one of the worst offensive lines in the league, but they are certainly playing like it right now.

So here you have one of the BEST defensive lines at generating pressure on the QB going up against of the very WORST offensive lines in the league this weekend.

So the question begs.....How bad will it get for the Jets? Will Justin Tuck do to Adrien Clarke what he did to him in the preseason? Does Mike Strahan against Anthony Clement look like as bad of a mismatch as I think it does?

From there what happens? Does Chad get knocked out of the game? Is this weekend when the Kellen Clemens era starts due to Chad getting injured?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

At least 8 per quarter. So a minimum of 32.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    At least 8 per quarter. So a minimum of 32.
    That's how many Osi will have. What about the rest of the team?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NFL NYJETS View Post
    That's how many Osi will have. What about the rest of the team?
    Where are all the morons who as recently as two weeks ago were saying that we should have passed on D'Brick and taken Justice in the second instead? Osi is as good as handled. It's Strahan, Tuck, and Kiwanuka I'm worried about.

just run da ball

All League
    This is going to be rock bottom. It will be so bad our collective heads will spin afterwards. I venture to say that we might see the NFL record for sacks in this game, possibly approaching 20, for real.

I only hope nobody in green & white gets killed, injured to the point of hospitalization after this impending beating because I must tell you honestly, I fear for Chad/Kellen/Tui's lives.

Lord help us....

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aten View Post
    Where are all the morons who as recently as two weeks ago were saying that we should have passed on D'Brick and taken Justice in the second instead? Osi is as good as handled. It's Strahan, Tuck, and Kiwanuka I'm worried about.
    You have the wrong guy.. We didnt want Justice in the 2nd.. Many of us wanted Cutler in the 1st and Marcus Mcneil in the 2nd.

All Pro
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    You have the wrong guy.. We didnt want Justice in the 2nd.. Many of us wanted Cutler in the 1st and Marcus Mcneil in the 2nd.

Veteran
    I actually think Brick will only give up one to Umenyoura, if that. He plays very well against speed guys. It's the bull guys that he can't handle - and that is inexcusable for a top 4 pick.

Strahan is getting old but Clement is still overmatched.

We'll give up 5 sacks.
    or 54 sacks if the Giants take a 2 TD lead at any point.