Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Still think Mangini is one of the top Coaches

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,192

    Still think Mangini is one of the top Coaches

    2 months ago, people here were saying how Mr. T and Mangini were a top duo in the NFL. Mangini was almost equal to BB.

    Now, he's an idiot, and needs to go. I think some of the people here are a little to extreme one way and then the other.

    You don't like the 3-4 anymore, fine. Our D would not be good in a 4-3. Who would rush the passer. BT was a poor DE, and your starting tackles would be Robertson and Pouha. Wow, no could run on that.

    Offense is too cnservative, maybe Eric's learning what Herm knew. With Chad, it has to be conservative.

    Bench Chad now you say? I don't blame Mangini for going slow on this one. Once you bench Chad, you can't go back to him, it won't work. So let him do it on his time.

    You listen to people here, and now we have the worst coach/GM in the league.

  2. #2
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    2 months ago, people here were saying how Mr. T and Mangini were a top duo in the NFL. Mangini was almost equal to BB.
    Only Jets fans on this message board thought that.

    Smart football fans knew it was only smoke and mirrors.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    22,746
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Only Jets fans on this message board thought that.

    Smart football fans knew it was only smoke and mirrors.
    I'm in no mood for your garbage this morning.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dallas Via Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    3,096
    I think Mangini is a very good coach (x' & O's) who has made some very poor personell decisions, Mr T has some play in this mess also. BUT in the grand scheme of things I think they both work hand in hand on personell decisions so I would consider that half of an NFL coaches job, to surround himself with players that FIT his scheme. Mangini has fallen Woefully short in this aspect of his job anyone who disagrees with that is just kidding themselves.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Champaign, IL by way of Freehold, NJ
    Posts
    3,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    I think Mangini is a very good coach (x' & O's) who has made some very poor personell decisions, Mr T has some play in this mess also. BUT in the grand scheme of things I think they both work hand in hand on personell decisions so I would consider that half of an NFL coaches job, to surround himself with players that FIT his scheme. Mangini has fallen Woefully short in this aspect of his job anyone who disagrees with that is just kidding themselves.
    Yes, in his whopping 1.5 seasons as a head coach, Mangini has woefully failed in all of his personnel decisions.

    RE: original post...well said. People on here are so bipolar. I'm not happy with the team right now, but it's way too early to be judging Mangini.

  6. #6
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    155
    I'd just like to see a coach here for longer than 4 years. Lets see what happens if we have someone as long as Cowher was in Pitt! This team is in the middle of a pretty major overhaul from the Hermie years and it's going to take time before we are really going to compete for titles. Last year was a nice treat, and I enjoyed seeing the Jets do well for the most part, but they were flawed then and flawed now and it's going to take time. I'm not going to say I'm not disappointed in this years free agents and some of the draft reaches that have occurred. I think we're going in the right direction and am looking forward to the year righting itself. 8-8 and some positive growth is all i need to be satisfied- not happy- but satisfied that we are going somewhere.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bayville & Sec334
    Posts
    2,099
    Quote Originally Posted by dbatesman View Post
    Yes, in his whopping 1.5 seasons as a head coach, Mangini has woefully failed in all of his personnel decisions.

    RE: original post...well said. People on here are so bipolar. I'm not happy with the team right now, but it's way too early to be judging Mangini.
    1.25 seasons.

    and yes, it's WAY too early.

    M&T are still building and getting players.

    Q: Who were Brady, Brewski, and Law before the Super Bowls?
    A: Kellen, Harris, and Revis.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    2 months ago, people here were saying how Mr. T and Mangini were a top duo in the NFL. Mangini was almost equal to BB.

    Now, he's an idiot, and needs to go. I think some of the people here are a little to extreme one way and then the other.

    You don't like the 3-4 anymore, fine. Our D would not be good in a 4-3. Who would rush the passer. BT was a poor DE, and your starting tackles would be Robertson and Pouha. Wow, no could run on that.

    Offense is too cnservative, maybe Eric's learning what Herm knew. With Chad, it has to be conservative.

    Bench Chad now you say? I don't blame Mangini for going slow on this one. Once you bench Chad, you can't go back to him, it won't work. So let him do it on his time.

    You listen to people here, and now we have the worst coach/GM in the league.

    Tangini FO is young. And needs to grow. Will make mistakes. Must learn from them. They have my support. But they'll hear my criticism, as well as, my praises too.

    As for going slow on replacing Chad. They will not have to bench him. Wont have to worry about bringing him back in at some other time. They will be carrying him out on a stretcher in Giants' sack-happy game.

  9. #9
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod View Post
    I'm in no mood for your garbage this morning.
    When exactly will you be in the mood for his garbage?

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Posts
    4,805
    IMO, a coach has to be given 5 seasons to fairly judge him.

    That being said I can't see anyone having 3 consecutive losing seasons in NFL and keeping their job.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,367
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2 View Post
    When exactly will you be in the mood for his garbage?
    after the pats dont put up 30 and win a game by over 20 points combined with a solid jets win over a quality opponent..

    in other words,

    2008.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us