Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats the deal with the giants game..

Practice Squad

whats the deal with the giants game..

is there any trouble in the stadium or good natured ?
    do the jets fans get many tickets being the away team?
    are the bars packed out in new york to watch on tv?

am gutted it's not being shown live here in the uk, f*cking miami at houston !!

All League
    At the game four years ago when we were the home team I did see a fight that was particularly memorable and brutal in my section. Stands out in my mind to this day as the worst fight I witnessed in 7 years as a season ticket holder. It must be said though that the Jets and Giant fans involved were total trash, and fought without any rules, kicking, hitting over the head with a plastic beer bottle.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by HDCentStOhio View Post
    At the game four years ago when we were the home team I did see a fight that was particularly memorable and brutal in my section. Stands out in my mind to this day as the worst fight I witnessed in 7 years as a season ticket holder. It must be said though that the Jets and Giant fans involved were total trash, and fought without any rules, kicking, hitting over the head with a plastic beer bottle.
    Those the type of fights you sit back and just laugh at

Practice Squad
    i was at the jets/giants game in 96. also a jets home game. don't remember there being a ton of giants fans or any major fights breaking out. basically just the usual amount of away teams fans from what i remember. hopefully this year will be a better game. that game was brutal, both teams were awful.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Four years ago we were the 'home' team, and we got freaking destroyed.
    I hope that doesnt happen again...

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Four years ago we were the 'home' team, and we got freaking destroyed.
    I hope that doesnt happen again...
    4 years ago chad led the Jets back from two touchdowns down to tie the score and force OT. Doug Brien missed an OT field goal attempt because he wasn't ready for the snap of the ball. That game was the beginning of Wayne Chrebet's concussion problems. he was lost for the year on hit that at the time didn't look like much.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellwldbettr View Post
    i was at the jets/giants game in 96. also a jets home game. don't remember there being a ton of giants fans or any major fights breaking out. basically just the usual amount of away teams fans from what i remember. hopefully this year will be a better game. that game was brutal, both teams were awful.
    worst game I ever went to.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    For future reference...exactly what are the rules?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Iffin anyone needs any tips on fashioning a shank from a plastic beer bottle, PM me. I may have spent some time in a place where that is necessary...

No blue shirted man goblinz leaving MY cheese out in the wind.....

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by manmrmoore View Post
    Those the type of fights you sit back and just laugh at

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2 View Post
    For future reference...exactly what are the rules?
    As any MAN would know, you don't kick in a fight!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by theswift View Post

It's Chelsea vs. Arsenal

JetsInsider.com Legend
    You watch any MMA matches?

All League
    what about pulling hair and scratching?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    4 years ago chad led the Jets back from two touchdowns down to tie the score and force OT. Doug Brien missed an OT field goal attempt because he wasn't ready for the snap of the ball. That game was the beginning of Wayne Chrebet's concussion problems. he was lost for the year on hit that at the time didn't look like much.
    Why did I have to see Doug Brien's name? I'm still not over the two misses in Pittsburgh. Imagine the Mets collapse times two. I had forgotten about the miss against the Giants. Not ready for the snap?! Kicking on Sunday is all you do! This guy took 10 years off my life.

Pat Leahy, where ever you are, thanks for all those years of being Mr. Automatic. You were the best.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by HBJETFANBOB View Post
    It's Chelsea vs. Arsenal
    more like WEST HAM v TOTTENHAM !
    chelsea v arsenal is for poofs.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Why did I have to see Doug Brien's name? I'm still not over the two misses in Pittsburgh. Imagine the Mets collapse times two. I had forgotten about the miss against the Giants. Not ready for the snap?! Kicking on Sunday is all you do! This guy took 10 years off my life.

Pat Leahy, where ever you are, thanks for all those years of being Mr. Automatic. You were the best.
    My buddies still remember my face that very next morning after Brien missed those FGs...

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by theswift View Post

Miami on prime time TV here in the UK last 3 weeks, either the main game or via interactive. SHOCKING.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    I was there as well that game ended with a giants field goal with about 2:30 minutes left in over time thier was almost a tie LOL I don't remeber the last time the JETS beat the giants during the regular season and I have been to the last 3 jets giant games. AND THE GIANTS WON ALL 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TIME FOR A CHANGE WHERE DUE!

All League
    The giants fans are all very old people so they wont go to crazy