View Poll Results: As of Week 5, who is disappointing you the most so far?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coach Mangini

11 26.19%
  • Coach Schottenheimer

0 0%
  • Coach Sutton

3 7.14%
  • Chad Pennington

17 40.48%
  • Jonatham Vilma

4 9.52%
  • Thomas Jones

3 7.14%
  • Bryan Thomas

3 7.14%
  • Other

1 2.38%

Thread: So far this year, I am most disappointed with....? (Week 5 Edition)

JetsInsider.com Legend

So far this year, I am most disappointed with....? (Week 5 Edition)

Who has disappointed you the most so far this season?

Poll coming.

Hall Of Fame
    Voted Bryan Thomas.

Doesn't mean the others are playing/coaching well. just that I was expecting A LOT more plays from him after last year.

Hall Of Fame
    Just like last week, i voted Bryan Thomas. Although i did hear his name mentioned ONCE, yesterday, so maybe he is improving

However, if Penny starts next week i will have to start switching to Mangini.

P.S. Vilma is very well deserving of this selection despite the gimme int.

Easy one. When there are that many possible answers to a question like this, it's gotta fall on the coach...

Hall Of Fame
    chad is as chad does.

I really thought Jones would change the running game, but he hasn't

Hall Of Fame
    Mangini, he had the perfect built in excuse to yank Chad after his injury, but he took the safe way out, like he has done way too often this year. He lost his aggressiveness, last year we went for it on 4th down in our own zone, this year we punt on 4th and inches, WTF?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by nationalist88 View Post
    Easy one. When there are that many possible answers to a question like this, it's gotta fall on the coach...
    Bingo!

I voted Mangini with the first vote.

Veteran
    Mangini is just not the same coach as last year.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by samwise View Post
    chad is as chad does.

I really thought Jones would change the running game, but he hasn't
    Thomas Jones was a close 2nd for me but I'm still giving him a little bit of a pass because of a) his injury and b) this offense is not built for running. I expected more from him though. Given that, this is all starting to fall on the coaching...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Thomas Jones was a close 2nd for me but I'm still giving him a little bit of a pass because of a) his injury and b) this offense is not built for running. I expected more from him though. Given that, this is all starting to fall on the coaching...
    Thomas Jones is what he is, an average RB that put up average numbers behind a good run blocking O-Line in Chicago. Put him behind our POS line and you get what we have now, an offense with its longest run being 12 yards.

All Pro
    i gotta go sutton

defense, all we did was upgrade and wat happen?

Bowens, Coleman, Harris, Revis...

i knew penny boy was awful going into last year
    t jones & schotty are hurt by penny

mangini doesnt want to do something he knows he has to, step it up eric!.. thats your job

Vilma & B Thomas, go under my SUTTON pick

Hall Of Fame
    Other.

Chad has been bad, but I can't stand this O-Line and this D-Line.

Watching teams run on us, watching us not being able to run on them, getting blown off the ball on O and on D, not being able to even try for a foot on 4th and nothing, hardly ever stopping a 3rd or 4th and nothing.

Both sides of the ball. Can't stand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3 View Post
    Mangini, he had the perfect built in excuse to yank Chad after his injury, but he took the safe way out, like he has done way too often this year. He lost his aggressiveness, last year we went for it on 4th down in our own zone, this year we punt on 4th and inches, WTF?

All League
    exactly...more than anyone else IMHO, mangini has taken a step back from last season, and the chad thing is just the icing on the (bad) cake...last year he made penny fight for his job in the preseason, now he refuses to yank him despite having no real reason to keep him in?..seems like the "man" has been taken out of mangini, to make the worst possible pun i can think of...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by deadringer View Post
    exactly...more than anyone else IMHO, mangini has taken a step back from last season, and the chad thing is just the icing on the (bad) cake...last year he made penny fight for his job in the preseason, now he refuses to yank him despite having no real reason to keep him in?..seems like the "man" has been taken out of mangini, to make the worst possible pun i can think of...
    Last year, he was coaching like a guy that had nothing to lose, see onside kicks vs IND and CHI, knowing that his team couldn't beat these teams without taking some risks, blitzing every down vs NE, etc. This year it seems like his thought process is these guys can line up and beat other teams straight up, I don't know if he thinks that way because we won 10 games last year, or he believes in this team's talent level too much, but he's not coachng the same.

Last year, he was coaching like a guy that had nothing to lose, see onside kicks vs IND and CHI, knowing that his team couldn't beat these teams without taking some risks, blitzing every down vs NE, etc. This year it seems like his thought process is these guys can line up and beat other teams straight up, I don't know if he thinks that way because we won 10 games last year, or he believes in this team's talent level too much, but he's not coachng the same.
    Basically a 180 degree turnaround in coaching philosophy. Anyone notice the stat thrown up (pun intended) by the network during a Jets running play? Out of the single deep back formation commonly used this year, the offense has run the ball 96% of the time. How's that for predictable? Belicheat, or anyone for that matter, doesn't even need to steal signals to recognize what this coaching staff is trying to execute.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Very good point. He is basically coaching like Pennington plays.....to not make mistakes rather than going for it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by nationalist88 View Post
    Basically a 180 degree turnaround in coaching philosophy. Anyone notice the stat thrown up (pun intended) by the network during a Jets running play? Out of the single deep back formation commonly used this year, the offense has run the ball 96% of the time. How's that for predictable? Belicheat, or anyone for that matter, doesn't even need to steal signals to recognize what this coaching staff is trying to execute.
    It's like we're trying to misdirect ALL the time. How do you run out of a single back set 96% of the time???? Geeez.

All Pro
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    I didn't expect much from Chad, so he couldn't dissapoint me..... but I has high expectations for Jones coming in and giving us a run game..... and he's blown donkey balls so far... close second is Thomas.... looks like he got his money.... now he can stop playing.....

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    He's coaching not to lose. That's why he likes the noodle.

Last year he had nothing to lose, this year he has his genius label to consider