Thread: Pennington 50/50 to Play on Sunday

Pennington 50/50 to Play on Sunday

Pennington is 50/50 to play Sunday. Apparently his ankle is still injured. This could be the opening for Mangini to start Kellen Clemens. If Clemens starts, I think he'll stick.

Link:
    http://jets.scout.com/2/690033.html

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Posted this three weeks in a row :

Pennington's a competitive guy, bet the house that he'll be under center on Sunday

Veteran
    He was 50/50 last week too wasn't he? Man i hope Mangini uses this as an excuse to bench Chad. Then Kellen comes in and doesn't lose the job. Man i love dreamland

Veteran
    That article was surely written by a "glass half full" dude.

Hall Of Fame
    questionable, by definition, is 50/50, and mangini doesn't want the eagles to know for sure who is starting

i'm sure johnson is getting ready for chad

Why do they (Scout.com) keep coming up with this 50-50 bull****? They did it last week as well. TECHNICALLY, "questionable" means 50-50, we all know that. But if your QB is listed as questionable you can be 100% sure that he is going to play. Heck, Tom Brady is always listed as questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Pennington is 50/50 to play Sunday. Apparently his ankle is still injured. This could be the opening for Mangini to start Kellen Clemens. If Clemens starts, I think he'll stick.

Link:
    http://jets.scout.com/2/690033.html
    Hasn't he been listed as questionable for both the Bills and Giants games too? If so. Then it probably doesn't a thing. He'll play.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    Hasn't he been listed as questionable for both the Bills and Giants games too? If so. Then it probably doesn't a thing. He'll play.
    Exactly.

Leberfield is looking for a story, so he's taking the literal definition of the word "Questionable" to mean that there is a 50/50 chance of Chad playing. But come Sunday we all know that Pennington's going to be behind center. It's happened each of the last 3 weeks.

Veteran
    Chad will start the game. I will be shocked if Clemens comes at any point during the game.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Exactly.

Leberfield is looking for a story, so he's taking the literal definition of the word "Questionable" to mean that there is a 50/50 chance of Chad playing. But come Sunday we all know that Pennington's going to be behind center. It's happened each of the last 3 weeks.
    Part of this is on the NFL though too, isn't it? The NFL defines the injury report status as outlined in this article here.

As it says, it goes back to the 1940s and is meant to ensure there are no hidden injuries. At the same time however, you have to wonder if the only people that care are in Las Vegas(?).

All League
    Look, this is Dan Leberfeld of Jets Confidential...he also reported that Thomas Jones stormed out of the locker room last week without talking to reporters because he was pissed...yeah, go figure...While on the subject of 50/50..how about 50/50 we actually run the ball more than 10 times, or 50/50 we actually get a three and out tomorrow!! More like 90/10 working against us...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Fanatic View Post
    I will be shocked if Clemens comes at any point during the game.
    I'd be shocked too. Coming during a game is really bad form.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I'd be shocked too. Coming during a game is really bad form.
    I know, at least do it during halftime.

garbage thread.

Jets Insider VIP
    Formerly RidgeJetsFan

Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    garbage thread.
    +1.

We all know noodle arm is gonna start on Sunday. No drama there...

- Justin