View Poll Results: Who believed we can do it in that last drive?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • I beleved

6 12.24%
  • I just knew it's gonna end in interception

43 87.76%

Thread: Who believed we can do it in that last drive?

Veteran

Who believed we can do it in that last drive?

And I mean the last meaningful drive, when we were down by 8. I just knew it's gonna end in interception..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    x2

I was on the phone with my Dad and we were both talking about how it was only a matter of time before the pick. It's almost becoming like a weekly ritual for Penny.

All Pro
    Sorry to say but I was thinking that we'd do it but probably fail the two-point conversion. We only succeed those when the game is already over!!!

All Pro
    Bump! Thought it was a fair question (considering the way the season is going thus far) for us JETS fans.

Banned
    Who the hell voted that they believed?

How could you possibly believe that we were going to comeback?

When have you ever seen Chad Pennington down in a game and needing a TD to tie or win and Chad come through?

When we are down and need to score...it is GAURANTEED...GAURANTEED....GAURANTEED....
    he throws the INT...and usually picksix fashion.

Hall Of Fame
    I was at my brother's house and said to him:

"Here comes an interception. It is 3rd and 11 and Chad is now forced to throw the ball downfield a little bit. If this was the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd quarter he would look for one WR, if that WR was open he'd throw it to him, if not he'd check down and we'd punt. But now he'll be forced to try and throw it in there. Watch. The game ends here."

< Seconds later = Interception >

I look at him and say, "See. It is like a book I've read before. Far too many times."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ITWT View Post

"Here comes an interception. It is 3rd and 11 and Chad is now forced to throw the ball downfield a little bit. If this was the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd quarter he would look for one WR, if that WR was open he'd throw it to him, if not he'd check down and we'd punt. But now he'll be forced to try and throw it in there. Watch. The game ends here."

I look at him and say, "See. It is like a book I've read before. Far too many times."
    You and me both my friend...you and me both.

I turn to Kleck everytime we are in that situation and call the pick.

He generally snaps at me with a quick "shut up" or a punch to the arm.

Either or I am always right.

Veteran
    I watched this game with my Dad and we both agreed that we'd seen this movie before.

All League
    I did not 'know' it was gonna end in an INT.
    I did not feel good about our chances to score a TD and 2pt, but I was not throwing in the towel.
    Had we needed 3 pts to tie or win, I feel that this was very doable.
    Face it, we know it, we are not a come-from-behind team. More than 3pts down on the last possession and you will go home disappointed the majority of the time.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    As Pennington's First quarter bomb dropped perfectly into Coles out-stretched arms and he cruised in for six points I knew the game would end with a Penny-ception.

I wasn't happy about, it but I knew!

Siiiiiiiiiigh....Egadz

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    As Pennington's First quarter bomb dropped perfectly into Coles out-stretched arms and he cruised in for six points I knew the game would end with a Penny-ception.

I wasn't happy about, it but I knew!

Siiiiiiiiiigh....Egadz

All Pro
    I had faith against the Bills and also against the Giants. I had a little faith against the Eagles.
    But I had none yesterday.

Veteran
    I was on the BQE half way home from bro-in-law's.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by ITWT View Post

Ham beat me posting "What time is it"?? It's Chadpick time...Wait,Wait and there it is sportsfans Chads usual game ender right on schedule..

Practice Squad
    i don't think anyone here was shocked. i was at a buddy's and said, " here comes the sideline floater that will get picked" and there it was. i didn't think they were gonna get the 2 points anyway. corner fade to Coles!!! no good!!!
    Last edited by rayzor; 10-22-2007 at 05:35 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Ham beat me posting "What time is it"?? It's Chadpick time...Wait,Wait and there it is sportsfans Chads usual game ender right on schedule..
    Haha!!!! That's great also.

So far we have:

Penny-ception or Penni-ception

and a Chadpick.

Can we think of more? Too bad we didn't come up with these weeks ago as his time as starter may be done.

Banned
    I don't want the guy as QB either, but a lot of people are acting like he's been doing these pick 6's chronically for his whole career. How many has he had before this pre-season all time? This is something that's been happening this season, for whatever reason, and it's ALWAYS down the sideline where he gets picked. You'd think he'd stop throwing those sideline passes late in the game, but whatever, Chad is a moot point now and hopefully done as Jets starting QB.

So yeah, given this year and how terrible he's been in the 4th, I knew it was likely coming. However, I was hoping for a little dumpoff to Washington or something like we saw last year against the Dolphins, but taken to the house. I'm sure a lot of people here would have seen THAT coming too though

All League
    Solomon "FRIGGIN" Wilcox called the inevitable INT during his commentating of the game!!!!!

I voted I believed b/c as a Jets fan I have always believed - and it's happened before w/and w/out Chad @ QB- until the very end.

But yes, I'm starting to believe that Mangini has to make the switch before he loses his ENTIRE fan base, let alone the players, Chad haters, media, anyone else unfamiliar w/the term "stay the course." It's been like 4 straight weeks w/the same game-ending INT.

PS- That philosophy has worked out in our national foreign policy
    Last edited by Gas2No99; 10-22-2007 at 05:39 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Just once I would like to see Chad fire a 30 yard TD pass on a bullet like Brady or manning.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by harryooo View Post
    Just once I would like to see Chad fire a 30 yard TD pass on a bullet like Brady or manning.
    Does he or does that even really matter to the New York Jets anymore?