Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My stance on the Quarterback position

All League

My stance on the Quarterback position

First let me say, A so-called Jet fan asking for a Jet Player's Jersey to be burned at a tailgate is the sickest thing I have EVER seen posted on this board.

If my memory serves me right, Sooth posted something about a week ago saying members would be banned for Disrespectful threads or posts directed towards Chad Pennington.

What gives? Iíve seen some SICK threads and/or Posts over the 3+ years I have been here, but SAR's "Chad Pennington Jersey Burning thread" takes the cake. (Currently in the JI DUMP)

I also remember seeing something to the effect that the Mods DO NOT CARE who you are or how long you have posted here at JI...They will Ban anyone. Is SAR Special??

RJMK was banned and he had over 14,000 postings. his reason for banning were not HALF as bad as SAR's post IMO.

SAR was asking fellow Jet fans to partake in a Chad Pennington Jersey Burning at 16H. Call me Crazy, but he is WAY out of line here.

What gives SAR? You have serious problems beyond comprehension. An explanation is mandatory. Youíre nothing but an attention whore who went over the line. Your followers even see this. You owe this board and apology.

************************************************** ******'

Now my view on the quarterback position.

I know some of you wondering how I feel about this. There is a reason why I think Chad should have started last year (and he did)

There is a reason why I think he should be the guy this year (and he is)

Anyone who knows football knows Chad is good enough to win with the right people around him.. Its been stated by many experts across the nation.

Itís not a coincidence that Chad DID start last year, and started this year and is STILL the Starter. There are reasons for this.

That being said, I FULLY back the decisions made by Mangini whatever it may be. I trust his judgment and direction. He is no Kotite. When Clemens gets the call I will be behind him 1000%.

If he decides to play Clemens, so be it.. If Chad starts, so be it. You wont see me Belly Ache like 80% of the posters on this site. There are reasons Mangini makes the decisions he does.

After countless arguments with posters on this board for the last 2 years, Chad was and still is the starter, which means I had a valid point. As much abuse as I took, I was right the whole time.

Iím not saying you anti Chad posters didnít have valid points, but I was made out to be some sort of Idiot... So if Iím an idiot, so is Mangini, and Mr T and the whole Jets front office.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by LETSGOJETS View Post
    First let me say, A so-called Jet fan asking for a Jet Player's Jersey to be burned at a tailgate is the sickest thing I have EVER seen posted on this board.

Your parents must have some really good software to protect their sensitive little boy when he surfs the net.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Your parents must have some really good software to protect their sensitive little boy when he surfs the net.
    Is that the best you came up with after lurking on this thread for over 30 Mins?

LMFAO

Weak dude...

weak

All League
    You're absolutely right.

I figure after another 3-4 drafts picking in the top 10-15, we should be able to load up the offense with enough weapons for Pennington and build a sick defense that will give up less than 10 points per game, so that on those occasions when Chad can't get the team into the end zone, we still have a shot to win.

Give up already. It's over, Johnny.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHector View Post
    You're absolutely right.

I figure after another 3-4 drafts picking in the top 10-15, we should be able to load up the offense with enough weapons for Pennington and build a sick defense that will give up less than 10 points per game, so that on those occasions when Chad can't get the team into the end zone, we still have a shot to win.

Give up already. It's over, Johnny.
    Give what up? did you read the post? I said I support whatever decisions is made. The main reason for the post was to find out why SAR was not banned for his actions. Dont you find his thread disgusting?

All League
    That being said, I FULLY back the decisions made by Mangini whatever it may be. I trust his judgment and direction. He is no Kotite. When Clemens gets the call I will be behind him 1000%.
    How, after less than 2 seasons as a HC, do you know that Mangini is not Kotite? What are you basing this on what, exactly?

If he decides to play Clemens, so be it.. If Chad starts, so be it. You wont see me Belly Ache like 80% of the posters on this site. There are reasons Mangini makes the decisions he does.
    You are obviously content with the status quo, which is to say that you are content with consistently not succeeding year in and year out; some of us are not...

After countless arguments with posters on this board for the last 2 years, Chad was and still is the starter, which means I had a valid point. As much abuse as I took, I was right the whole time.
    Yes, the vast success we are enjoying this season has gone a long way to validate that you were "right".

I was made out to be some sort of Idiot...
    No, I think you're doing a good job of proving that point all by your lonesome.

So if I’m an idiot, so is Mangini, and Mr T and the whole Jets front office.
    If they continue to stay the course, then I would completely agree with this statement, although I don't think that our FO has much of a say on in-season personnel decisions.
    Last edited by JohnnyHector; 10-24-2007 at 06:29 AM.

All League
    Give what up? did you read the post? I said I support whatever decisions is made. The main reason for the post was to find out why SAR was not banned for his actions. Dont you find his thread disgusting?
    I haven't read the thread, but no, I don't find the notion of destroying clothing that someone paid for to be some violation of the Geneva convention or Chad's inalienable rights, sorry.

Maybe you can ask Santa for some thicker skin this year...

All League
    How, after less than 2 seasons as a HC, do you know that Mangini is not Kotite? What are you basing this on what, exactly?

You are obviously content with the status quo, which is to say that you are content with consistently not succeeding year in and year out; some of us are not...

Yes, the vast success we are enjoying this season has gone a long way to validate that you were "right".

No, I think you're doing a good job of proving that point all by your lonesome.

If they continue to stay the course, then I would completely agree with this statement.

Wait a second.. are you telling me last year's success didnt mean chit? When we were supposed to be 6-10??

Even with the Soft Schedule?

Are you saying last year was a total fluke?

you cant be serious with this garbage. we overachived last year and alot had to do with the coaching change.

you telling me Mangini hasnt proved ANYTHING???
    Last edited by LETSGOJETS; 10-24-2007 at 06:37 AM.

All League
    I haven't read the thread, but no, I don't find the notion of destroying clothing that someone paid for to be some violation of the Geneva convention or Chad's inalienable rights, sorry.

Maybe you can ask Santa for some thicker skin this year...
    Leme get this straight...

Your ok with the burning of current Jet players Jersey's at a home tailgate..

LMAO

you need serious help

Hall Of Fame
    Wanting to see Kellen Clemens play in no way diminishes my admiration for Chad. At this point it's all about finding out what you have sitting there on the bench. We NEED to know before next years draft. Any time spent with Chad under center now, is just a waste of time...... my .02

Hall Of Fame
    Is that the best you came up with after lurking on this thread for over 30 Mins?

LMFAO

Weak dude...

weak
    Weak is asking for a fellow member in good standing to be banned because he has owned you on this board.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Weak is asking for a fellow member in good standing to be banned because he has owned you on this board.
    Owned? When?

I dont think I have ever conversated with SAR on the Chad issue ever.

Please help he out here.. when did he own me?

All League
    Wait a second.. are you telling me last year's success didnt mean chit? When we were supposed to be 6-10??

Even with the Soft Schedule?
    Who said we were "supposed to be" 6-10? Based on our record the previous season when the team was ravaged by injuries and had to start a 3rd string QB?

Are you saying last year was a total fluke?
    No, not so much a fluke. It was more a perfect alignment of the stars - diminished expectations based on a poor 2005 campaign, an extremely soft schedule, and a freakishly low number of injuries.

you can be serious with this garbage. we overachived last year and alot had to do with the coaching change.
    No, your perception is that we overachieved. Besides, I can't consider a season in which the end result is a first-round playoff exit when Mangini was thoroughly outcoached to be some measure of success for him.

I'm not saying I want him fired, but now that we're off the supposed "high" of last season, let's temper our expectations and be realistic before anointing him as some kind of genius, or even a good HC for that matter.

you telling me Mangini hasnt proved ANYTHING???
    Yes, in fact that is EXACTLY what I'm saying. Aside from the game in Foxboro last year, what games did the Jets win that they shouldn't have when considering the talent level of the opponent? How many games did they lose when considering the same factor?

All Pro
    Calling out another poster is against the rules. If you believe a person has done something that merits a banning contact a moderator.

All League
    Leme get this straight...

Your ok with the burning of current Jet players Jersey's at a home tailgate..

LMAO

you need serious help
    No, I just don't care. It's an article of clothing. Go grab a Kleenex and get over it... your hero is finished.

All League
    Who said we were "supposed to be" 6-10? Based on our record the previous season when the team was ravaged by injuries and had to start a 3rd string QB?

No, not so much a fluke. It was more a perfect alignment of the stars - diminished expectations based on a poor 2005 campaign, an extremely soft schedule, and a freakishly low number of injuries.

No, your perception is that we overachieved. Besides, I can't consider a season in which the end result is a first-round playoff exit when Mangini was thoroughly outcoached to be some measure of success for him.

I'm not saying I want him fired, but now that we're off the supposed "high" of last season, let's temper our expectations and be realistic before anointing him as some kind of genius, or even a good HC for that matter.

Yes, in fact that is EXACTLY what I'm saying. Aside from the game in Foxboro last year, what games did the Jets win that they shouldn't have when considering the talent level of the opponent? How many games did they lose when considering the same factor?

what you are failing to see, is that our tallent level last year was WORSE than this year. If your saying we should have made the playoffs last year your Insane. you have Mental issues....

So, coming into this year what did you project us to be? I said 8-8 based on the schedule. Last year We were picked to be DEAD LAST in every sports mag and newspaper. You telling me before the season started you thought we had a chance at the playoffs?

you telling me you thought we would almost win out last year to make the playoffs? I was here last year on this site and over 70% of the posters said NO WAY it could happen.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    While I don't agree with burning ANY jersey with a Jets logo on it, I'm not sure that discussing the idea on a message board is any high crime. Poor taste, but not bannable in my book. It found it's way to the garbage dump appropriately and if SAR's comments infuriate people or make others think he's a lousy Jets fan then he's probably tainted himself enough. We have enough diehard, go-down-with-the-ship Chad defenders here....we don't need a sub-army of them defending his clothing now. Again, it was poor taste, many disagreed with it including the mods who dumped it so I think it can be let go.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    While I don't agree with burning ANY jersey with a Jets logo on it, I'm not sure that discussing the idea on a message board is any high crime. Poor taste, but not bannable in my book. It found it's way to the garbage dump appropriately and if SAR's comments infuriate people or make others think he's a lousy Jets fan then he's probably tainted himself enough. We have enough diehard, go-down-with-the-ship Chad defenders here....we don't need a sub-army of them defending his clothing now. Again, it was poor taste, many disagreed with it including the mods who dumped it so I think it can be let go.
    Why was RKMJ banned again?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Why was RKMJ banned again?
    No idea.

Veteran
    Any QB can win with a good supporting cast (see Rex Grossman/Kyle Orton etc), but you don't seem to understand LGJ that we DON'T have a good supporting cast what we NEED is a QB that can win without a good supporting cast and its blatently obvious Chad is not and will never be 'that guy'.
    Maybe Clemens won't be either but until we put him in there we won't know and based on the Pre-season and Ravens game and I don't see how he could possibly be a downgrade at this point.

Start Clemens NOW!

/rant