Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Mortensen on Pennington- Q&A Thursday

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,552

    Mortensen on Pennington- Q&A Thursday

    I was listening to Dan LeBatard today down here in Miami during his weekly call in Q&A with Mortensen.

    In honor of the London Giants-Dolphins game, he had callers ask their questions with fake British accents.

    During the session, a caller called asking about the issues the Jets have with the 3-4, Pennington and Mangini.

    He said the Pennington is just "2-3 bad series from being pulled" and that he believes Clemens "will be a good QB" and will start this year or at worst will definitely be the starter next season and the Mangini is a very intelligent coach and believes he wil be "very successful" with the Jets.

    Regarding the 3-4, he said that he could not understand what the criticism of the alignment was as the Jets "often employ a hybrid 3-4, 4-3 scheme."

    When another Jets fan asked Mortensen to offer him hope for the rest of the season until next year, he responded with, " Mangini is a good coach" and that "Clemens will be a good quarterback."

    Asked whether the Jets are as bad as the Dolphins, he refused to equate the two, declaring that the Jets are much better. He believes the Jets can overcome the crisis while Miami needs wholesale rebuilding.

    All in all an interesting interview.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,148
    He said the Pennington is just "2-3 bad series from being pulled"
    He said the same thing last week. Chad's last start will be against Dallas. Then, Clemens takes over.

    Until then, you guys can keep whining each week when Chad gets the nod.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    8,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    He said the same thing last week. Chad's last start will be against Dallas. Then, Clemens takes over.

    Until then, you guys can keep whining each week when Chad gets the nod.
    didn't you give up on him after the eagles game?

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,148
    didn't you give up on him after the eagles game?
    Yes, but I still like Chad. and just because he is the starter, I am not going to start making posts about how I am not going to watch the game and how Mangini is an idiot.

    I just would really like to know how the season would have turned out if Chad did not get injured week 1. I have a feeling, we are 5-2 or 4-3.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Yes, but I still like Chad. and just because he is the starter, I am not going to start making posts about how I am not going to watch the game and how Mangini is an idiot.

    I just would really like to know how the season would have turned out if Chad did not get injured week 1. I have a feeling, we are 5-2 or 4-3.
    The only far-fetched conceivable way we're 5-2 this year is if Chad DID get injured in week 1 and didn't get another start..

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,614
    Who gives a crap what Mort says, honestly.

    This team will never give up on Chad. We are never going to dump the loser because thats what this franchise is - a bunch of losers, from the top to bottom.

    I hate the Jets right now. Hate em.

  7. #7
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Yes, but I still like Chad. and just because he is the starter, I am not going to start making posts about how I am not going to watch the game and how Mangini is an idiot.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    3,539
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    i second that.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,534
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolJet View Post
    Who gives a crap what Mort says, honestly.

    This team will never give up on Chad. We are never going to dump the loser because thats what this franchise is - a bunch of losers, from the top to bottom.

    I hate the Jets right now. Hate em.
    Some days it is tough to swallow that our football team sucks and will always suck and that there is very little hope that they won't.

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post

    Asked whether the Jets are as bad as the Dolphins, he refused to equate the two, declaring that the Jets are much better. He believes the Jets can overcome the crisis while Miami needs wholesale rebuilding.
    1-6 is MUCH better than 0-7?

    Wow.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toledo Area, Ohio
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac View Post
    didn't you give up on him after the eagles game?
    I hope not cause I really would like Clemens to get the start and the feel for the nationally televised game in Dallas. I think that would help his development.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,056
    Quote Originally Posted by zonajetfan View Post
    I hope not cause I really would like Clemens to get the start and the feel for the nationally televised game in Dallas. I think that would help his development.
    And hopefully not scar him for life .. remember that's what we did with Drew Henson .... Testeverde was in again by half...

  13. #13
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,384
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    1-6 is MUCH better than 0-7?

    Wow.
    Although I readily admit there its usually a very fuzzy line between terrible, average and pretty good (dominating teams are different story).....Mort is correct....the Jets are on a different level than the Fins.

    The Jets were not a true 10-6 team last year, but they are not a true 1-6 team this year either.

    Last year they overachieved, this year they underachieved. First and foremost, their poor play at QB has hurt the most, compounded by some questionable coaching decisions and all around inconsistent play.

    You are what your record says you are, but the Jets have the ability to run off a several wins and at least salvage some respectability by seasons end. Im not sure you can say that about the Fins.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bayville & Sec334
    Posts
    2,099
    Brown > Jones
    J Taylor > Ellis
    Z Thomas > Vilma
    Holliday > D'Fat
    Ginn > Cotchery
    Porter > B Thomas

    Yeah, we're alot better.

  15. #15
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsound View Post

    Ginn > Cotchery
    Nope, and it's not even close.

  16. #16
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,384
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Nope, and it's not even close.
    The ironic thing is that Ginn and Cotch would be perfect complements, but if I had to take one, me'z takin' Cotch everyday of the week.

    Ginn = potential
    Cotch = production

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,192
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    1-6 is MUCH better than 0-7?

    Wow.
    Do the math. 1-6 is infinitely better than 0-7. Just like 6-1 is 6 times better than 1-6

  18. #18
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,285
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    The ironic thing is that Ginn and Cotch would be perfect complements, but if I had to take one, me'z takin' Cotch everyday of the week.

    Ginn = potential
    Cotch = production
    I totally agree.

    I take Cotch any day of the week over Ginn.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsound View Post
    Brown > Jones
    J Taylor > Ellis
    Z Thomas > Vilma
    Holliday > D'Fat
    Ginn > Cotchery
    Porter > B Thomas

    Yeah, we're alot better.
    Brown=IR for the year.
    Z Thomas= very old and slow.
    Gin<Cotchery<Coles
    Porters Mouth > B Thomas
    Chad or Kellen > Miami QB

  20. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    1,619
    Zack Thomas < David Harris

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us