Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how did brick play yesterday?

Hall Of Fame

how did brick play yesterday?

i missed the game - did he give up the sacks and/or pressures?

All League
    There was so much criss crossing it was hard to tell at times.

But the plays I did see, he was with his man.

All Pro
    He played dominant as usual. They moved Schobel around and attacked Clarke and Clement to get pressure, D'brick has been great.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i missed the game - did he give up the sacks and/or pressures?
    Brick was fine. The one play Schoebel got a sack on, Adrien Clarke missed a switch (the OLB was blitzing, no back in the backfield, so Brick slid out to pick up the LB and Clarke stood still, blocking nobody, while schoebel slid into to G-T gap and nailed Chad

Banned
    The offensive line is a unit, not a series of individuals, and that unit produced 3 points, didn't open enough holes for the talented RB's, and didn't keep Chad or Kellen clean in the 4th quarter, in crunch time.

Unlike the DL who were on the field way too long, no excuse for the OL who had enough bench time to read a book or take a nap with all their 3-and-outs.

So, no gold star for D'Brick. The line his expensive salary anchors is attrotious.

SAR I

Veteran
    Brick was good and continued to show improvement.

Schobel moved around a lot because he coulnd't rush against Brick one-on-one all game, he was desperate to find a weak spot on the O-Line. Evidence that teams are starting to gameplan this guy.

Between Brick and Harris, the only bright spots all game. Sad

Hall Of Fame
    well, that's some good news. if clemens shows he can play then we can look forward to a nice defensive offseason and draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    Formerly RidgeJetsFan

It's tough to fairly grade an OT when he is pass blocking for a QB who does not have an ounce of athletic ability in his body. Chad simply cannot avoid the rush at any cost by stepping up in the pocket or buying time for himself.

So what may be a "bad" game for an OT with Chad back there might be a "fair" game for that same OT blocking for a QB who can move & slide a bit in the pocket (think Marino in his heyday). I'm not saying Chad should be the next coming of Randall Cunningham, but he cannot be a statue back there in the pocket either.

So until Clemens gets in there (or any other QB who can move a bit and buy time), the jury will still be out on D'Brick and the rest of our OT's. Perfect pass blocking cannot be expected play in and play out from any O-line.

- Justin

Hall Of Fame
    D'Brick was good, Clarke and Moore were stinking awful pass whiffing....I mean pass blocking.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The offensive line is a unit, not a series of individuals, and that unit produced 3 points, didn't open enough holes for the talented RB's, and didn't keep Chad or Kellen clean in the 4th quarter, in crunch time.

Unlike the DL who were on the field way too long, no excuse for the OL who had enough bench time to read a book or take a nap with all their 3-and-outs.

So, no gold star for D'Brick. The line his expensive salary anchors is attrotious.

SAR I
    With all due respect SAR, this is an unfair assessment.

Veteran
    D'Brick is the most consistent player on offense. Very solid at his position.
    Pro bowl selection anyone?
    I say hell yeh!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    well, that's some good news. if clemens shows he can play then we can look forward to a nice defensive offseason and draft.
    While I agree the Jets need MAJOR help on defense, the offensive line is on a whole terrible. Only 2 guys should be here to stay (Mangold and Brick), the rest are JAG's waiting to be replaced either in the draft or FA IMO.

All Pro

SAR I
    Just give Brick his due already.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Brick was fine, not great but he was not the issue on the line. Clarke and Clement were TERRIBLE and i must admit i was not overly impressed with Mangold this weekend. In the off season we need to upgrade the right side of the line ASAP.

JetsInsider.com Legend

SAR I
    And you'd still rather see that money invested in your boy Leinart?

Undrafted Free Agent

D'Brick played well particulalry in the run game

D'Brick played well, but, he was getting help at the end from Leon W. when it was an obvious passing down. O/w, he did play well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan View Post
    And you'd still rather see that money invested in your boy Leinart?
    If your intention is to play the Leinart card every time I criticize Brick or Kellen, it's going to get very repetitive. But I'll play along each time if you'd like.

Let's see if Clemens busts first, okay? Or perhaps let Matt get a full and healthy season under his belt, okay? Same patience shown Chad recovering from injury after only half a season will be shown Matt before we can reach a verdict.

Forget Leinart, tell me, is D'Brickashaw Ferguson and his 1-7 team what you envisioned with the #4 overall pick in the 2006 NFL Draft? He's a monster, keeping Chad clean, opening holes for Thomas, right?

SAR I

All Pro
    If your intention is to play the Leinart card every time I criticize Brick or Kellen, it's going to get very repetitive. But I'll play along each time if you'd like.

Let's see if Clemens busts first, okay? Or perhaps let Matt get a full and healthy season under his belt, okay? Same patience shown Chad recovering from injury after only half a season will be shown Matt before we can reach a verdict.

Forget Leinart, tell me, is D'Brickashaw Ferguson and his 1-7 team what you envisioned with the #4 overall pick in the 2006 NFL Draft? He's a monster, keeping Chad clean, opening holes for Thomas, right?

SAR I

I laugh at this.

All Pro

SAR I
    D'Brick is exactly what I envisioned him to be: a solid LT with potential to become an All-Pro in the coming years.

The problem is that 3/5 of our OL is below average at best. Stop pinning the blame on D'Brick. He is doing his part and shutting down the opponents' best pass rusher for the most part.

JetsInsider.com Legend

SAR I
    You whining about someone being repetitive when it comes to draft evaluation?

That's like a kid working at a Duncan Hines factory complaining about not being able to lose weight.

Everything else here makes no sense, I'm not sure what you want me to respond with. Everything you said following last year's draft has proven to be nothing less than completely wrong, and I find it funny that a man so quick to praise himself when he's right refuses to do so when the opposite happens.