Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mangini will be changing coordinators for 2008

Mangini will be changing coordinators for 2008

Mangini has to be feeling the heat (just look at his face he looks like a 14 yr old with acne ) After watching another lackluster performance from the defense I believe Sutton will be gone in 08' his schemes have been passive too passive. Although there was creative CB blitzs, I believe Mangini had a big hand with the game plan. Sutton has taken a very laid back approach and has not been agressive enough in his play calling.
    After last year it seemed we finally had a decent O/C. This year Schottenheimer has taken a big step back. Seeing that the passing game was in trouble instead of giving Jones more carries he continued to rely on Pennington's arm. Ill timed trick plays are also another problem. Mangini will be back but just as any struggling team does he will be looking hard at these two positions in 08'. Another year like this one has turned out to be and he will be a ex Jet coach in 09'. As Parcells said You are what your record says you are and right now we're a bad football team.

All League
    gone: Sutton, maybe, but Shotty, no....he gets another shot with a stronger armed qb to bail him out on 3rd & long.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    On a side note:

Is it just me, or does tedted look like Chopper Read?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    When Herm fired his Coordinators, it was described here as "throwing them under the bus to save himself".

When Mangini fires his Coordinator(s) this offseason, what will it be?

Part of his "Master Plan"?

Or throwing them under the Bus to save his job?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    When Herm fired his Coordinators, it was described here as "throwing them under the bus to save himself".

Getting rid of dead weight

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Not the way I remember it Fish..To the Hermophiles like yourself it was"Now Hermie gets to hire HIS people"...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by tedtedthefootballhead View Post
    gone: Sutton, maybe, but Shotty, no....he gets another shot with a stronger armed qb to bail him out on 3rd & long.
    Yeah I was about to say something, but I agree you have to give Schottenheimer another shot. He did have a very good season last year. Unlike Sutton who two years in a row has not shown any improvement with his calls. He's regress even further.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by papichango View Post
    Yeah I was about to say something, but I agree you have to give Schottenheimer another shot. He did have a very good season last year. Unlike Sutton who two years in a row has not shown any improvement with his calls. He's regress even further.
    That's right.....at least last year the offense looked good. I think we were all surprised last year with the "O", and dissapointed with the "D", now 2 yrs in a row like you said.

All League

Edwards waited years before firing his defensive coordinator and a few years to get rid of hackett. Not exactly in that order. He was an opportunist and took advantage of a playoff caliber team he inherited to make poor decisions.

While never pointing a finger at himself unlike Mangini who said in not so many words that HE needs to do a better job coaching. Edwards was very smart in surrounding himself with a veteran coaching staff. Who would dare blame the "ROOKIE" when all he had to do was point fingers.

Maybe this coach wouldn't wait too long.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by papichango View Post
    Edwards waited years before firing his defensive coordinator and a few years to get rid of hackett. Not exactly in that order. He was an opportunist and took advantage of a playoff caliber team he inherited to make poor decisions.

While never pointing a finger at himself unlike Mangini who said in not so many words that HE needs to do a better job coaching. Edwards was very smart in surrounding himself with a veteran coaching staff. Who would dare blame the "ROOKIE" when all he had to do was point fingers.

Maybe this coach wouldn't wait too long.
    Fat Teddy was gone after 02 wasn't he?? And Hackett went after a Jet playoff season also..

Rookie

Sutton is a hold over ... not his guy.... Mangini still does not have his players there yet.... ELLIS, DROB, BARTON, BARRETT all hold overs....

Best defensive lineman this yr.... his choice .... Coleman
    Best Offensive lineman this yr..... his choice ..... Mangold
    Best Secondary player this yr ..... his choice ..... Revis
    Best RB ...... this yr ......his choice........Washington/Jones

Now upcoming..... Harris and Clemens both his guys too.

Why throw him under the bus... let him get a new defensive coordinator hopefully Ryan from Oakland.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by nhjet View Post
    Best Secondary player this yr ..... his choice ..... Revis
    I think a certain Mr. Rhodes might disagree on that (the player, not the poster).

And if Sutton wasn't his guy, why keep him?

As for Ryan (whom I like), I wouldn't hold my breath. There is zero chance he's our D-Co....ever.

Board Moderator
    Charter JI Member

same as it ever was:
    to mangini detractors, he's 'throwing them under the bus.'
    to mangini supporters he's 'dropping dead weight'.

Veteran
    I think a certain Mr. Rhodes might disagree on that (the player, not the poster).

And if Sutton wasn't his guy, why keep him?

As for Ryan (whom I like), I wouldn't hold my breath. There is zero chance he's our D-Co....ever.
    What exactly has Rhodes done this year? He has made zero impact plays.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    same as it ever was:
    to mangini detractors, he's 'throwing them under the bus.'
    to mangini supporters he's 'dropping dead weight'.
    Your honesty is refreshing Isired. Thank you.

Banned
    I think the one thing that you all are not taking into consideration is that fact that Kellen might make Schotty Jr. look like a play calling mad man.

Just wait to see what KC brings to the table.

Sutton...dont let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya

Quote Originally Posted by genom View Post
    What exactly has Rhodes done this year? He has made zero impact plays.
    He's stuffed some red zone runs, and picked off a pass but other than that he is not as explosive a player as he was last year. Perhaps its the defensive play calling, the opposing O-Lines, or just the shot Jets defense that have hindered his production but he is still a solid player for the position. A decent FS, a veteran CB, and a remodeled defensive line will make this defense better and Rhodes a more productive player.

All League

Warfish, I'm sorry, but you have to quit the Mangini-Herm comparisons. Nobody was ripping into Herm until after his 3rd, maybe not really into his 4th year. Mangini is only in the middle of his second year... he deserves at least a coordinator change... just as we gave Herm one with Dinger and Henderson.

All Pro

People hated Herm so he could do nothing right despite the fact it was obvious that Cottrell was foisted upon Herm from the start. When he got an aggressive DC we saw DRAMATIC improvement and showing it was no fluke is the work he is doing, at least defensively, is what is transpiring in KC!!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt245 View Post
    Warfish, I'm sorry, but you have to quit the Mangini-Herm comparisons. Nobody was ripping into Herm until after his 3rd, maybe not really into his 4th year. Mangini is only in the middle of his second year... he deserves at least a coordinator change... just as we gave Herm one with Dinger and Henderson.
    Sorry you are wrong people were ripping into HERM form the first training camp asking why he had barbecues and was treating the players to nicely. Those are the facts and some out here are beginning the same NONSENSE against MANGINI!!!!