Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Say Kellen has a bad game... short leash?

JetsInsider.com Legend

Say Kellen has a bad game... short leash?

Is the Skins game going to be a 1 game test? I seriously hope not. I mean if Kellen plays well.. Eric will be confident to let him start and will go week by week with Kellen. Or if he plays bad.. will he be yanked the next week? I hope not.. do not go back to Chad.. the season is over.. it's Kellen time.

Thoughts.

Hall Of Fame
    is your homework done ?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by samwise View Post
    is your homework done ?
    Great contribution.. im guessing u have no actual thoughts on this topic?

All League
    Its very important for Kellen, this team and this franchise that this isnt a one a done thing. We need to show we have faith in Kellen wheather he has a good or bad game. If we pull him after one gamr we accomplish nothing.

All Pro
    No. Chadwick is done. Only time a replacement might be thought about is at the end of the season if Clemens doesn't show any promise through 8 games.

Hall Of Fame
    There's absolutely no way that happens. Mangini isn't nearly that stupid. The reason he even waited this long to put Kellen in was because he knew once he did, the move was for good. If he was worried about losing the team before, the quickest way he could do it now is start pulling his QBs left and right.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    The skins were the top rated pass defense in the league prior to facing the Patriots juggernaut + Coles isn't practicing and likely not playing. If Kelln has a bad game and gets benched, I'll be calling for Mangina to get fired..

All Pro
    Unless he plays horrendous, like 4 INT or something to that extent, he won't get benched. Even if Chad did come in at the end of a game, KC would be right back in there the next week. Count on it.

No. Once this switch was made its permanent. Chad knows it. Clemens knows it. Kellen Clemens, barring injury, is the QB for the remainder of 2007 and probably 2008.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    The skins were the top rated pass defense in the league prior to facing the Patriots juggernaut + Coles isn't practicing and likely not playing. If Kelln has a bad game and gets benched, I'll be calling for Mangina to get fired..
    Yeah, for some reason.. I have a feeling that this game is a test for Kellen.. and that Eric.. will pull him if he does bad.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS View Post
    Yeah, for some reason.. I have a feeling that this game is a test for Kellen.. and that Eric.. will pull him if he does bad.
    No chance. None

Hall Of Fame
    kellen isnt going anywhere. no matter how bad he might play pennington is done on the ny jets and my guess probably done as a starting qb in the leauge.rest assured clemens is going to be the guy we all been waiting for

All Pro
    Yeah....that's not happening. Clemens is the starter for the rest of this year, and at least most of next year. The only way Chad gets back in is due to injury.

Hall Of Fame
    Great contribution.. im guessing u have no actual thoughts on this topic?
    don't slack because you had a good start. Common trap

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    The skins were the top rated pass defense in the league prior to facing the Patriots juggernaut + Coles isn't practicing and likely not playing.
    Clemenologist

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Clemenologist
    and so it begins

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Not a chance in hell.

But hey, you can always predict it'll happen just in case you feel like starting a told you so thread in the event that the prediction actually comes true.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by samwise View Post
    don't slack because you had a good start. Common trap
    Dude it was done in PM school.. happy now?

Hall Of Fame
    If Kellen has a bad game and Chad starts after the bye or comes in during the game, Mangini might get run out of town. He's on thin ice with the media and fans as is.

All League
    Is the Skins game going to be a 1 game test? I seriously hope not. I mean if Kellen plays well.. Eric will be confident to let him start and will go week by week with Kellen. Or if he plays bad.. will he be yanked the next week? I hope not.. do not go back to Chad.. the season is over.. it's Kellen time.

Thoughts.
    Please tell me you're not serious... It's over, Johnny!
    The Jets are AFC (All For Clemens)!