Thread: WHat will pats do with Top 5 pick?????

Banned

WHat will pats do with Top 5 pick?????

looks like the san fran pick might be a good one, what do you think they'll do?

Banned
    either mcfadden or trade down

All Pro
    What any team with no immediate weaknesses would do...

Take the best player available...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    What any team with no immediate weaknesses would do...

Take the best player available...
    Yup, bottom line is that's a luxury pick for the Pats, even if McFadden's off the board it really won't matter. Hell they could take Brohm with the intention of pawning him off to the highest bidder and they still can't lose.

Banned

What the hell!

OMG I forgot they had this pick... Can you imagine if they still had their other 1st rounder??? WHO ELSE CAN THEY GET?! WE NEED TO STEP IT UP AND OPEN THE CHECK BOOK. We are still miles away from the Pats...

Veteran
    Should be interesting, particularly since the 49ers absolutely SUCK (particularly on offense) and are insured a top pick. I say interesting because the Pats have a strong disliking for high first round picks because it goes against their salary cap strategy -- i.e., investing too much in one player, which is tough to avoid when you're drafting a top 5 pick. They will likely do whatever they can to trade down but in recent years that has proven very difficult given how much money top 5 picks have commanded. Part of me wants the Pats to be stuck with a very high pick, although rumor has it that Jerry Jones is going to be willing to part with his two first rounders for the ability to get McFadden.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveeeooo View Post
    WHat will pats do with Top 5 pick?????
    I think they would trade it in order to get their reputation back if possible. Maybe send their #1 overall to get something that erases asterisks?

All Pro
    you put up the asterisks, BB will put up the banner.

The pats will likely pick at around 4-6. I see a trade for a mid first, Minny,Balt, Carolina in exchange for a vet and their Number 1. some team will want to trade to get ahead of Atlanta and not pay what the top 3 picks get.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The pats will likely pick at around 4-6. I see a trade for a mid first, Minny,Balt, Carolina in exchange for a vet and their Number 1. some team will want to trade to get ahead of Atlanta and not pay what the top 3 picks get.
    i agree with this degenerate pats fan the Pats will probably find a way to trade down with some QB hungry franchise. Jacksonville going after Andre Woodson or Minnesota going after Matt Ryan for example.

All League
    Wire tap the phones of the teams picking ahead of them. Then all of New England will say it is a rallying point for the franchise and ignore the fact that they are classless cheaters.

All Pro
    People that want us to trade down(Me lol) should be really hoping the patriots draft right behind us.

The patriots draftng right in front of us would be a nightmare.