View Poll Results: How many years until the Jets return to the Playoffs?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Year

18 41.86%
  • 2 Years

14 32.56%
  • 3 Years

3 6.98%
  • Never under Mangini

8 18.60%

Thread: How many years until the playoffs?

How many years until the playoffs?

Poll: How many years until the Jets return to the playoffs?

1 Year

2 Years

3 Years

Never under Mangini

Sometimes you have to take a step backward to go two steps forward. We'll be back in the playoffs next year.

Banned
    I figure we'll have two more years of Mangini. (2008-09)

Then it will take the next regime two years to clean up the mess he is making. (2010-11) That's if the idiot owner hires anyone competent.

Then we'll have a shot in 2012 of making the playoffs.

Hall Of Fame
    This is the NFL: Not For Long.

The Jets will be back in the playoffs next year. They have a lot of cap space, will be drafting high in every round next year, and will have an easier schedule.

Things turn around quickly in the NFL. The Jets will be a playoff team in 2008, the odds are in their favor. Mark it down.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post

The Jets will be back in the playoffs next year. They have a lot of cap space, will be drafting high in every round next year, and will have an easier schedule.

Things turn around quickly in the NFL. The Jets will be a playoff team in 2008, the odds are in their favor. Mark it down.
    What he said

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post

Agreed. I think we'll be a playoff team in 2008.

Hall Of Fame
    Going by the even number streak (had good seasons in 1998, 2002, 2004, 2006), we'll be back in the playoffs next year. Like SMC said, it's pretty obvious we'll be pretty active in FA this year and we had 2 years of previous solid drafts so this draft should be no different. Also, we have a way easier schedule, like SMC said.

BTW, technically, 2000 wasn't a good season since we didn't make the PO's, but the Miracle game stands out as a good enough season for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Going by the even number streak (had good seasons in 1998, 2002, 2004, 2006), we'll be back in the playoffs next year. Like SMC said, it's pretty obvious we'll be pretty active in FA this year and we had 2 years of previous solid drafts so this draft should be no different.
    Is there any reason to believe we will actively get GOOD FA's? We have added a few in the past 2 years, but only Thomas Jones was a true starter and thankns to bad O-Line and worse coaching he has been neutralized as a factor.
    As for drafts, Im not even sure they have been that good either. Harris and Revis, yes, absolutely. Brad Smith? D'Brick? Even Leon Washington has become completely ineffective as anything other than a return man and it is too early to rule on Clemens.

I am hoping for 2009, but big things have to happen between now and then.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcoached View Post
    Is there any reason to believe we will actively get GOOD FA's? We have added a few in the past 2 years, but only Thomas Jones was a true starter and thankns to bad O-Line and worse coaching he has been neutralized as a factor.
    As for drafts, Im not even sure they have been that good either. Harris and Revis, yes, absolutely. Brad Smith? D'Brick? Even Leon Washington has become completely ineffective as anything other than a return man and it is too early to rule on Clemens.

I am hoping for 2009, but big things have to happen between now and then.
    But Smith, D'Brick, Washington, and Clemens all have one thing in common: they're starting. If you can draft constant starters, that's a good draft.

sure they're starting, but should they be? Smith shouldn't be starting any higher than third WR, and noone on the Oline impresses me enough to say they are a franchise player.

I not saying the drafts have been bad, but I am saying that even with a high pick this year, recent history isnt strong enough to say that things will turn around and the picks will be good ones.

As soon as we get a qb which means prolly 8-10 years for this organization. Shoulda signed Garcia like I said all along!!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 2612 View Post
    As soon as we get a qb which means prolly 8-10 years for this organization. Shoulda signed Garcia like I said all along!!!!!!!
    You have 1 post how could you have said that all along??

To others in a reality community.