Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please let Leon start

All League

Please let Leon start

L.W. is an explosive player that needs to start and get 20+ touches a game.

TJ has no vision and personally since we are going with a "youth" movement I think Leon is the type of player that needs to be the featured back.

He did very well last year, give him the ball

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post

TJ has no vision and personally since we are going with a "youth" movement I think Leon is the type of player that needs to be the featured back.

Might you have Leon Washington on your fantasy football team?

I don't think it will happen any time soon. It's so tough to point fingers, and I don't think the Jets would be willing to admit they struck out with TJ (and I don't believe that they have).

My observation says that he is much better on Special Teams.
    Last edited by TONY RUNO; 12-01-2007 at 04:31 PM.

Veteran
    i know you want to see more young guys in there, but you still need veterans on your team to make the rest of the team better

i realize we don't have much of a running game as is, but if you take TJ out of the game, Miami can focus completely on rushing the passer and coverage, making it even harder for KC than it has been

start Leon as the slot receiver

All Pro
    if we had half decent OL Thomas Jones would already be over a thousand yards or if we didn't line him up 8 yards behind the L.O.S. ON EVERY RUN PLAY he wouldn't have to make an 11 yard run to gain 3

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaJets View Post
    if we had half decent OL Thomas Jones would already be over a thousand yards or if we didn't line him up 8 yards behind the L.O.S. ON EVERY RUN PLAY he wouldn't have to make an 11 yard run to gain 3
    Shame on you. You know that O-line is 4/5 decent... Jones needs to run behind Clarke, and then he'll be fine.

Bingo. Bango. On that second comment. But not only the strange formations, ALL players must execute on any given play.

In wrong thread. No comment here but I need to put in something.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    start Leon as the slot receiver

I like it.......If Leon gets the ball in any type of space he is going to the house...

It doesn't seem like Jones is much of the problem. When he has any semblance of an opening, he gets a good chunk of yardage. Maybe it's his vision..

Practice Squad
    I would definitely like to see TJ and Washington on the field at the same time more often. That would open up alot of possibilities. This year we have become too predictable and the lines are not up to the challenge.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by supergumbo View Post
    It doesn't seem like Jones is much of the problem. When he has any semblance of an opening, he gets a good chunk of yardage. Maybe it's his vision..
    Or maybe Jones needs to learn how to run and block more effectively behind this O-line. No one on the Jets should get a pass, TJ included.

Banned
    Why not? See if we cant get a spark somewhere.

Veteran
    Why are people getting so down on Thomas Jones. If you watch the games and watched any bears games last year, you would see his vision is good, and he has a good combination of explosiveness and toughness up the middle. I, for one, and okay to say give him a year to get settled down. Maybe this is not his year, but I think he will have a huge bounce back 1300-1400 yard season next year....anyone agree??? Anybody can have an "off" year....he'll be back..

All League
    Actually, Jones has great vision. It's one of his best attributes as a running back.

The problem isn't him missing holes, it's that the holes aren't there.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Leon Washington a #1 NFL RB? Ha ha ha ha, no.

Typical L.W. game:

--Loss of 1
    --Loss of 4
    --Gain of 2
    --Gain of 1
    --Loss of 1
    --Gain of 40 on a screen pass
    --Loss of 2
    --Loss of 1

No thanks. He's vastly (and I mean VASTLY) over-rated by Jets fans. He is a thrid-down scat-type back at best.

Start? No thanks. But then again, I don;t like Thomas "I's So Ripped, But One Hit and Done" Jones much either.

All Pro
    We haven't used Leon much at all on offense this year. I blame Schott.
    Just a bad job by him. Our offense is predictable and boring.

Schott needs to go back to the drawing board in the offseason.

All League

Worst post of the day, awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by RickLyle IZ GOD View Post
    Why are people getting so down on Thomas Jones. If you watch the games and watched any bears games last year, you would see his vision is good, and he has a good combination of explosiveness and toughness up the middle. I, for one, and okay to say give him a year to get settled down. Maybe this is not his year, but I think he will have a huge bounce back 1300-1400 yard season next year....anyone agree??? Anybody can have an "off" year....he'll be back..

Thomas Jones is a solid back. His lack of production this year is due to the poor blocking by the OL. Jones can't do anything if he's getting hit 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage every play. Even Jim Brown would be horrible behind the Jets line.

On the one or two games when the OL did a decent job of opening holes for him, Jones did well. We just need to replace at least 2 OL and Jones would be a productive back again like he was in Chicago.

RB is not the issue for our poor rushing offense. Run blocking is the issue.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Leon Washington a #1 NFL RB? Ha ha ha ha, no.

Typical L.W. game:

--Loss of 1
    --Loss of 4
    --Gain of 2
    --Gain of 1
    --Loss of 1
    --Gain of 40 on a screen pass
    --Loss of 2
    --Loss of 1

No thanks. He's vastly (and I mean VASTLY) over-rated by Jets fans. He is a thrid-down scat-type back at best.

Start? No thanks. But then again, I don;t like Thomas "I's So Ripped, But One Hit and Done" Jones much either.
    hey so is thomas jones atleast im sure leon will break a big play before the game is over. thomas need a million carrys to get warmed up and make a effective carry.

Hall Of Fame

Your completely mistaken. TJ has excellent vision, and if he had enough carries, where we werent behind in the game, he's be having a heck of a season./